So Much for the Africans Are Dumb Notion

Poet---

You think blacks didn't own slaves? Be it black or another race. Look up "black slave owners". Blaming whites for everything is just as ignorant as me saying that all blacks are "stupid" or incapable of running a country.

Time to start walking the walk and stop blaming whites for your problems.

Matthew----

In answer to your question....'No', I believe that some, in fact, "did", for various reasons, none approaching the reasons whites owned slaves. Nor do I believe that they were mistreated, whipped, raped, or murdered by their black owners. And I certainly don't believe the number of black slave owners numbered 0.001 % of the number of whites that owned slaves. So, it becomes a "non-issue", if for no one but me.
And you seem to suggest that the fact that the slave trade (at least, in America) is no reason to blame whites, who profited from and exploited human beings for more than 240 years. LOL
And, pray tell, what problems do I have that I am blaming whites for?
My problems are few, so I just want to be sure you know what they are, that I could possibly be blaming someone for.

oh, poet.:eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Black-Slaveowners-Masters-Carolina-1790-1860/dp/1570030375]Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860: Larry Koger: 9781570030376: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

LiveLeak.com - First Slave owner in the US was black and more history they don't want you to know

First Slave owner in the US was black and more history they don't want you to know

How many Americans know that the first slave owner in America was a black tobacco farmer? How many Americans are aware that thousands of free blacks in the South were, themselves, slave owners?

Answer: Very few.

Embedded in the minds of Americans is a grand distortion of black history.

Our perception depends largely on activists in Hollywood and revisionists in academia. Add those who parrot Hollywood and academia and you have a broad swath of ignorance prevailing in America.

DailyKenn.com is here to set the record straight; at least in part.

Did you know the following about black history in America?

• The first slave owner in American history was black.

Anthony Johnson came to the American colonies in August, 1619 as an indentured servant. In 1623 Johnson had completed his indenture and was recognized as a free negro. In 1651 he acquired 250 acres of land in Virginia, later adding another 250 acres; a sizable holding at the time.

John Casor, a black indentured servant employed by Johnson, became America's first slave after a legal dispute with Robert Parker. Parker was a white colonist who employed Casor while Casor was still indentured to Johnson. Johnson sued Parker in Northampton Court in 1654. The court upheld Johnson's right to hold Casor as a slave on March 8, 1655. The court found:

The court seriously consideringe and maturely weighing the premisses, doe fynde that the saide Mr. Robert Parker most unjustly keepeth the said Negro from Anthony Johnson his master ... It is therefore the Judgement of the Court and ordered That the said John Casor Negro forthwith returne unto the service of the said master Anthony Johnson, And that Mr. Robert Parker make payment of all charges in the suit.

Five years later, in 1670, the colonial assembly passed legislation permitting blacks and Indians the right to own slaves of their own race, but prohibiting them from owning White slaves. [source]

• Free blacks commonly owned black slaves in the antebellum South.

There were thousands of black slave owners in the South.

"In 1830 there were 3,775 such slaveholders in the South who owned 12,740 black slaves, with 80% of them located in Louisiana, South Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. There
were economic differences between free blacks of the Upper South and Deep South, with the latter fewer in number, but wealthier and typically of mixed race. Half of the black slaveholders lived in cities rather than the countryside, with most in New Orleans and Charleston."

The Black Slave Owners - SlaveRebellion.org

Last edited:
According to federal census reports, on June 1, 1860 there were nearly 4.5 million Negroes in the United States, with fewer than four million of them living in the southern slaveholding states. Of the blacks residing in the South, 261,988 were not slaves. Of this number, 10,689 lived in New Orleans. The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.

To return to the census figures quoted above, this 28 percent is certainly impressive when compared to less than 1.4 percent of all American whites and less than 4.8 percent of southern whites. The statistics show that, when free, blacks disproportionately became slave masters.

Black Slave Owners Civil War Article by Robert M Grooms

Last edited:
oh, poet.:eusa_shhh:

Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860: Larry Koger: 9781570030376: Amazon.com: Books

LiveLeak.com - First Slave owner in the US was black and more history they don't want you to know

First Slave owner in the US was black and more history they don't want you to know

How many Americans know that the first slave owner in America was a black tobacco farmer? How many Americans are aware that thousands of free blacks in the South were, themselves, slave owners?

Answer: Very few.

Embedded in the minds of Americans is a grand distortion of black history.

Our perception depends largely on activists in Hollywood and revisionists in academia. Add those who parrot Hollywood and academia and you have a broad swath of ignorance prevailing in America.

DailyKenn.com is here to set the record straight; at least in part.

Did you know the following about black history in America?

• The first slave owner in American history was black.

Anthony Johnson came to the American colonies in August, 1619 as an indentured servant. In 1623 Johnson had completed his indenture and was recognized as a free negro. In 1651 he acquired 250 acres of land in Virginia, later adding another 250 acres; a sizable holding at the time.

John Casor, a black indentured servant employed by Johnson, became America's first slave after a legal dispute with Robert Parker. Parker was a white colonist who employed Casor while Casor was still indentured to Johnson. Johnson sued Parker in Northampton Court in 1654. The court upheld Johnson's right to hold Casor as a slave on March 8, 1655. The court found:

The court seriously consideringe and maturely weighing the premisses, doe fynde that the saide Mr. Robert Parker most unjustly keepeth the said Negro from Anthony Johnson his master ... It is therefore the Judgement of the Court and ordered That the said John Casor Negro forthwith returne unto the service of the said master Anthony Johnson, And that Mr. Robert Parker make payment of all charges in the suit.

Five years later, in 1670, the colonial assembly passed legislation permitting blacks and Indians the right to own slaves of their own race, but prohibiting them from owning White slaves. [source]

• Free blacks commonly owned black slaves in the antebellum South.

There were thousands of black slave owners in the South.

"In 1830 there were 3,775 such slaveholders in the South who owned 12,740 black slaves, with 80% of them located in Louisiana, South Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. There
were economic differences between free blacks of the Upper South and Deep South, with the latter fewer in number, but wealthier and typically of mixed race. Half of the black slaveholders lived in cities rather than the countryside, with most in New Orleans and Charleston."

The Black Slave Owners - SlaveRebellion.org

Black Slaveowners

His brief bio states that Koger attended Howard University and resides in Wash. D.C., which makes me believe that he is, more than likely, an "African-American", and no doubt, a Republican "white apologist". Not buying it...sorry.

According to federal census reports, on June 1, 1860 there were nearly 4.5 million Negroes in the United States, with fewer than four million of them living in the southern slaveholding states. Of the blacks residing in the South, 261,988 were not slaves. Of this number, 10,689 lived in New Orleans. The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.

To return to the census figures quoted above, this 28 percent is certainly impressive when compared to less than 1.4 percent of all American whites and less than 4.8 percent of southern whites. The statistics show that, when free, blacks disproportionately became slave masters.

You can provide links from now until doomsday...I don't believe it. in any event, any slave ownership by blacks is obliterated by the overwhelming pervasiveness and ubiquity of white slave owners. You're preaching to the wrong choir.

I am indeed African American. Just because I freely racial pejorative doesn't mean I'm not black. I speak only the truth about our communities. If you question me because of that, well that's you.

Whites have done damage to a lot of races but we are living in a day and age where we can fix our own problems. Plus whites are not completely responsible. Slavery for instance existed in Africa. Ever watched roots? Black traitors?

You've confirmed my suspicions. Thanks.

What, he didn't make your Ignore List yet?

You can provide links from now until doomsday...I don't believe it. in any event, any slave ownership by blacks is obliterated by the overwhelming pervasiveness and ubiquity of white slave owners. You're preaching to the wrong choir.

Translation: Fuck the facts. I'm a gay black liberal and I'm intellectually and morally superior to you, so I'm always right.

Just stick your fingers in your ears (or eyes) and sing real loud....LALALALALALALALAAAAAAA

I am going to challenge your premise that an African American owned the first slave in the US in 1619. There was no US in 1619. Besides, the following excerpt and link seem far more logical in explaining when the first African slaves arrived in colonial America in 1619.

The Arrival of the First Slaves

About.com said:
Historians normally date the start of slavery in the North American colonies to 1619. That year, a Dutch ship carrying African slaves docked at Point Comfort, which served as Jamestown's checkpoint for ships wanting to trade with the colonists.

The crew of the Dutch ship was starving, and as John Rolfe noted in a letter to the Virginia Company's treasurer Edwin Sandys, the Dutch traded 20 African slaves for food and supplies.

When Did Slavery Begin in the North American Colonies?-The Year Slavery Started

Last edited:
Yes I am African American and like the others say, I speak the truth about my community. Every community has their faults, so as a community we should rise up and actually make a change. I'm tired of mostly black on black crime. I've lost a few of my cousins to it.

We have potential and now it's time to use it and stop completely blaming whitey. Most of the stuff humans do overall is by free will.

I don't think you're African-American, by the fact that you "freely" used a racial pejorative to describe white people. A thinking black person, would never do that, no matter what his or her ideology. Whites are to blame for much...there is no need to lower one's self and describe them using racial pejoratives, which makes you look suspect.

Speaking as a white man, "whitey" does not offend me. I do not see it as pejorative at all. And I doubt that any white person on this board would take offense to being called whitey.

You see us whites don't give anyone that kind of power over us. We don't take offense at words like honky, whitey, cracker, redneck etc... We understand that it's just a feeble attempt to insult and we laugh at those attempts.

I've always preferred cracker-assed chuck ofay, myself.

Would it be accurate to say that most black nations in the 14-17th century were weak and they just couldn't fight off the European invaders(besides;Ethiopia of course) . So they traded slaves for peace?

Is that accurate?

Last edited:
22-Year-Old Nigerian Student Breaks GPA Record at Johns Hopkins University

Emmanuel Ohuabunwa not only graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a degree in neuroscience, but he did so with a 3.98 GPA.

That’s an academic record!

Ohuabunwa who hails from Abia State, has been able to make the nation proud and with his efforts has won himself a scholarship to Yale University to get a degree in Medicine.

He has also become a member of Phi Beta Kappa Society, a prestigious honor group that features membership of 17 US Presidents, 37 US Supreme Court Justices, and 136 Nobel Prize winner.

Oops.

Good for him. Hard work paid off.
A couple of hundred thousand more like that and Africa will have caught up with Asia.

[
Good for him. Hard work paid off.
A couple of hundred thousand more like that and Africa will have caught up with Asia.

In the first place he got the high grades thru affirmative action. In the second place it will take a hundred MILLION smart blacks to catch up with china and it's not gonna happen. Blacks are mentally inferior. You know it and so do blacks.

Yeah I sure am mentally inferior. I'm so jealous of the evil white men that constantly bring me down and rule the world. I can't read, dropped out at 13, and have 5 kids as trying to get a rap career. Gotta keep it real!

LOL!!!!

Yeah I sure am mentally inferior. I'm so jealous of the evil white men that constantly bring me down and rule the world. I can't read, dropped out at 13, and have 5 kids as trying to get a rap career. Gotta keep it real!

LOL!!!!

There's a lot of intelligent blacks my friend. The problem is too many blacks choose to be that victim you just described above and many people come to see this for blacks in general.

There's many blacks that have done great things for this word. One day maybe Nigeria and Botswana will become first world nations. They won't do this by being the victim but working hard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back