🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, now that summer is over, and there were no power outages in Texas…

Pitchers, or it didn't happen!
baseball-pitchers-throw-so-hard-now-that-mlb-is-thinking-about-moving-the-mound-but-the-idea-could-cause-more-problems.jpg

beer%20pitcher.jpg

Actually thats a big step. I like the new modular fission designs in the interim though. prefabbed at a central plant, and shipped/assembled in locally. I imagine the 2022 fun will spur that along in both the US and Europa.

And to be clear, I agree that wind farms have to have back up, either in storage or other generation, and its a problem. Hooking into the national grid would help that.
If we're going to secede, we are better off keeping it separate.

If we're going to secede, we are better off keeping it separate.
I visited Austin and San Antonio a few years back (I knew better than to go to Dallas or Houston), and we did a brief tour of the state house. I loved the floor mural showing all the various national flags that Texas has flown (six flags over texas is a real thing). It was almost as though the US affiliation is just another 'fling'. We'll see how it goes.

Which is why they all resigned in failure.
In 1989, Texas experienced a winter freeze that caused widespread power outages. The Public Utility Commission of Texas released an analysis of what went wrong the following year and the findings eerily echo the same failures of 2011 and a few weeks ago.

“At the same time that demand was increasing, weather-related equipment malfunctions were causing generating units to trip off the line. As a result, the state suffered widespread rolling blackouts and near loss of the entire ERCOT electric grid,” the decades-old report detailed. That analysis is one of the several documents the subcommittee is demanding.

Even after the disruptions during the 1989 storm, Texas saw statewide storm-related power outages again in 2011. Officials and lawmakers were warned back then that “winterizing” the state’s power infrastructure was necessary to avoid the same mistakes from happening again, but they didn’t heed those warnings.

Dan Woodfin, a senior director at ERCOT, told The Texas Tribune a few weeks ago that winterizing the grid is “not mandatory” and is instead part of “a voluntary guideline.”

But we're probably not going to hear about it again until the next big winter storm....

Buy a generator.

I visited Austin and San Antonio a few years back (I knew better than to go to Dallas or Houston), and we did a brief tour of the state house. I loved the floor mural showing all the various national flags that Texas has flown (six flags over texas is a real thing). It was almost as though the US affiliation was just another 'fling'.
True. Texas has always had an air of independence. It's a blessing and a curse.
:laugh:

When the FedGov stops being useful (it has) it is hard to justify being tied to it, especially given the cost.

In 1989, Texas experienced a winter freeze that caused widespread power outages. The Public Utility Commission of Texas released an analysis of what went wrong the following year and the findings eerily echo the same failures of 2011 and a few weeks ago.

“At the same time that demand was increasing, weather-related equipment malfunctions were causing generating units to trip off the line. As a result, the state suffered widespread rolling blackouts and near loss of the entire ERCOT electric grid,” the decades-old report detailed. That analysis is one of the several documents the subcommittee is demanding.

Even after the disruptions during the 1989 storm, Texas saw statewide storm-related power outages again in 2011. Officials and lawmakers were warned back then that “winterizing” the state’s power infrastructure was necessary to avoid the same mistakes from happening again, but they didn’t heed those warnings.

Dan Woodfin, a senior director at ERCOT, told The Texas Tribune a few weeks ago that winterizing the grid is “not mandatory” and is instead part of “a voluntary guideline.”

But we're probably not going to hear about it again until the next big winter storm....

Buy a generator.
It's pretty simple and hard to fuck up. Don't use wind as 15% of the grid while shutting off completely, large portions of natural gas. Wind should be ZERO percent of the needed capacity. It should only be a supplement.

Nuke is the way to go forward.

Buy a generator.
Once every decade or so during a huge storm there is outages.

THE HORRORS!

Meanwhile, KKKalifornia is in the midst of their annual summer blackouts.

Once every decade or so during a huge storm there is outages.

THE HORRORS!

Meanwhile, KKKalifornia is in the midst of their annual summer blackouts.
I bough a generator for the hurricanes.......but it was nice to have.

Forum List

Back