🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, now that summer is over, and there were no power outages in Texas…

So

So it looks like all those wind farms are working great huh?
Given that we had almost no wind during those 50 days of triple digits, I would say the wind farms were not a factor.

If you disingenuous twatts were even halfway serious about "clean "energy, there would be at least 1 nuclear power plant building every state over the next five years.

I
Given that we had almost no wind during those 50 days of triple digits, I would say the wind farms were not a factor.

If you disingenuous twatts were even halfway serious about "clean "energy, there would be at least 1 nuclear power plant building every state over the next five years.
I couldn't agree more!

So what is your address?

I assume you'd be willing to host the first one in your OWN front yard right?

And are you absolutely sure that the wind never blew ANYWHERE in the entire state of Tejas ALL summer?

Because I think you just pulled that outta yer ass.

I don't think he could win that race either. He's a clown and a joke.
Oh trust me, Marvin...Beto is PERFECT for Austin! Ask Texans from outside of Austin about that city and you'll get an earful. Austin is like Berkeley with a cowboy hat and a twang!

I

I couldn't agree more!

So what is your address?

I assume you'd be willing to host the first one in your OWN front yard right?

And are you absolutely sure that the wind never blew ANYWHERE in the entire state of Tejas ALL summer?

Because I think you just pulled that outta yer ass.
What's the difference between having a fossil fuel powered plant in your back yard and a nuclear plant? We have PLENTY of places to put nuke plants, INCLUDING wind farm areas, and that would be a MUCH better use of land and resources than bullshit wind.

No, the wind did not blow anywhere in Texas for the whole summer. 99% of the grid was powered by natural gas.

Right on Texas. As long as there are no big freezing events for the rest of the summer, it smooth sailing.

Aus
Oh trust me, Marvin...Beto is PERFECT for Austin! Ask Texans from outside of Austin about that city and you'll get an earful. Austin is like Berkeley with a cowboy hat and a twang!
Austin is really the only place in that whole backwards regressive cessool shit-house of a state worth living.

So
I wish Mississippii and Kentucky would secede.
Do I!
Mississippi (like most Conservo states) is always at the top of every bad statistical list and at the bottom of every good one.

Of course the next time a major hurricane roars up the gulf I'm sure Mississippi will be first in line begging for a FEMA handout.

Pretty much the same with Texas.

And forget about Kentucky.
What the fuck is a "Kentucky" anyway?

I live close to Austin. Like many lefty cities, it's run by a small group of lunatics who have a lot of political power. There's a also a very vocal minority of pro-crime, anti-American, racist left-wingers who do a lot of agitating, commit a lot of crimes, and get a lot of media attention.

The real problem around here is racist, anti-American DemoKKKrats moving here from places like California and New York, so they can destroy Austin and Texas in general, like they did to the shitholes they came from.

I live close to Austin. Like many lefty cities, it's run by a small group of lunatics who have a lot of political power. There's a also a very vocal minority of pro-crime, anti-American, racist left-wingers who do a lot of agitating, commit a lot of crimes, and get a lot of media attention.

The real problem around here is racist, anti-American DemoKKKrats moving here from places like California and New York, so they can destroy Austin and Texas in general, like they did to the shitholes they came from.
You're preaching to the choir, Marvin! I lived in Colorado 30 years ago. Great State. Great people. Then California started killing itself and people started moving out of Cali and flooding Colorado. Now Colorado is headed down the same road as California...led by the transplants that didn't learn from how they screwed up another beautiful place!

Sorry we can't hear you over the sound of full employment.
We're short millions of people for the jobs that we have, Einstein! That isn't full employment...that's people refusing to work because you idiots on the left hand out so many freebies that they don't have to! Duh?

We already know what caused the outage after the freeze (100% failure of wind and "solar"). It will never happen again. Fossil fuels to the rescue.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas projected that 80% of the grid's winter capacity, or 67 gigawatts, could be generated by natural gas, coal and some nuclear power.

ERCOT planned on 67GW from natural gas/coal, but could only get 43GW of it online. We didn’t run out of natural gas, but we ran out of the ability to get natural gas. Pipelines in Texas don’t use cold insulation —so things were freezing.”

It’s not all that difficult to understand how and why certain energy sources perform well under various grid conditions. Is the grid struggling to keep up with demand for air conditioning? Odds are it is bright and sunny outside, which explains why solar is performing well and also why wind would be less productive (go outside at noon on a summer day and wish for a breeze!). “The good thing about solar is it really does match AC demand,” Dessler said. “Days that are really hot and sunny are the days you’re making the most power from solar energy.”

Forum List

Back