So Now The Word "Field" May Be Considered Racist?,Then What?,The Word "Cotton"?

PC is yet another way for angry, belligerent leftists to oppress the population. A great rule in life is to never take offense where none is intended. The PC crowd looks for ways to be offended.

In what possible way for example does the name Washington Redskins harm anyone? I've never heard it in all the years I've been a fan of the team used derogatorily towards anyone
Some people have always been offended by the name, that number has grown, things change, that's life. If the battle over the name seems stupid to you then don't take a position, like I did. If they change the name, fine, if they keep it, fine, I got bigger things to worry about.

None of which has anything to do with my question. How can anyone actually be offended reasonably by the name when they can simply not root for the Redskins? No one is using it derogatorily they can just ignore them or root against them. And they are going to government to force them to change it
Everyone chooses what things offend them. People messing with their phone while I am trying to talk them bugs the fuck out of me but that's just me. The "anti-PC" crowd has chosen to be offended by society just as much as the "PC police" crowd. I am saying to not participate in either side of it, say what you want, if it is ignorant, dishonest or hateful just be prepared for consequences, that's how it has been since humans started talking.

Our choices are to cater to the PC crowd or to be personally offended by them. Got it. Tell me how you're smarter than Republicans because you aren't all black and white like they are again...
Tell the PC crowd to shove their nit-picking if it personally affects you in some way, it's easy if you actually weren't being shitty in the first place. Simply taking a side in the debate is going to offend someone, the best way is to only give it the attention it deserves which is very little.
"Nit-picking" is one thing. Nit-pick all you want.

Attacking and intimidating and trying to punish and/or destroy someone is something else.

You do see the distinction, don't you?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Some people have always been offended by the name, that number has grown, things change, that's life. If the battle over the name seems stupid to you then don't take a position, like I did. If they change the name, fine, if they keep it, fine, I got bigger things to worry about.

None of which has anything to do with my question. How can anyone actually be offended reasonably by the name when they can simply not root for the Redskins? No one is using it derogatorily they can just ignore them or root against them. And they are going to government to force them to change it
Everyone chooses what things offend them. People messing with their phone while I am trying to talk them bugs the fuck out of me but that's just me. The "anti-PC" crowd has chosen to be offended by society just as much as the "PC police" crowd. I am saying to not participate in either side of it, say what you want, if it is ignorant, dishonest or hateful just be prepared for consequences, that's how it has been since humans started talking.

Our choices are to cater to the PC crowd or to be personally offended by them. Got it. Tell me how you're smarter than Republicans because you aren't all black and white like they are again...
Tell the PC crowd to shove their nit-picking if it personally affects you in some way, it's easy if you actually weren't being shitty in the first place. Simply taking a side in the debate is going to offend someone, the best way is to only give it the attention it deserves which is very little.

Attacking and intimidating and trying to punish and/or destroy someone is something else.

Do you live somewhere where that is actually going on to your face? That shit only happens in the media because drama sells, it's tabloid level journalism, and it is only a factor in your everyday life if you pay attention to this slow news day bullshit.

Do you live somewhere where that is actually going on to your face? That shit only happens in the media because drama sells, it's tabloid level journalism, and it is only a factor in your everyday life if you pay attention to this slow news day bullshit.
The fact that freedom of expression is not important to you does not mean it should not be important to me.

This is very important to me.

worse case scenario for a white person/couple in a restaurant: Black waiter asks him/her. {regarding their order for a turkey meal} "Ok, do you prefer "White" or "Dark Meat"??

The fact that freedom of expression is not important to you does not mean it should not be important to me.

It's so important to me that I do not pay attention to the "PC police" or the people who bitch about Them and say what I want. You are desperate for someone to take up a position contrary to yours but my position is that both sides of the debate are beneath my notice except as a target of scorn. With a world filled with strife and misery all of it is a tempest in a teacup.

It's so important to me that I do not pay attention to the "PC police" or the people who bitch about Them and say what I want. You are desperate for someone to take up a position contrary to yours but my position is that both sides of the debate are beneath my notice except as a target of scorn. With a world filled with strife and misery all of it is a tempest in a teacup.
Having Americans intimidated from speaking their mind, having others scream things like "racist" to avoid an honest debate of the issues, among other things, those to me are important things. To each his own, huh?

Having Americans intimidated from speaking their mind, having others scream things like "racist" to avoid an honest debate of the issues, among other things, those to me are important things. To each his own, huh?
If this debate is more important to you than anything that has to do with actual suffering or hardship then you are paying far too much attention to it. People who decide to talk shit in public do so at their peril and the peril is great in this connected world, but it's the world we live in, which happens to contain a lot of professional victims. There are ways to push back if you must without sounding like a victim or an attacker, you have to condemn the entire debate as silliness.

PC is yet another way for angry, belligerent leftists to oppress the population. A great rule in life is to never take offense where none is intended. The PC crowd looks for ways to be offended.

In what possible way for example does the name Washington Redskins harm anyone? I've never heard it in all the years I've been a fan of the team used derogatorily towards anyone

I don't know what you're talking about. That makes two of us

Yes, he doesn't. And it's not attacking or intimidating when the left does it, only when the right does, and it's that even when it isn't.

Unless it's overturned on appeal, I lost my favorite football team to the political correctness Nazis

Yes, he doesn't. And it's not attacking or intimidating when the left does it, only when the right does, and it's that even when it isn't.
It may be that they do it so naturally now that they don't even realize it.

So if you say anything about any right group, you are "bitching about them." That's your standard? You will shut up or you're bitching? Somehow I don't think that's actually your standard...

No surprise here, none at all.

NEARLY 3 IN 4 AMERICANS THINK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS A PROBLEM

Political correctness is one of the biggest arguments in favor of–and against–the presidential candidacy of Donald Trump. How do Americans feel about it? A new Rasmussen poll shows a clear majority opposed.
From Rasmussen Reports:

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump during the first pre-primary debate reiterated a point he’s made throughout his campaign that “the big problem this country has is being politically correct.” Most Americans strongly agree with that sentiment.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 71% of American Adults think political correctness is a problem in America today, while only 18% disagree. Ten percent (10%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Poll: 7/10 Americans Think Political Correctness Is a Problem

To each Occupied's own or you're bitching, but he isn't bitching when he tells you that

So if you say anything about any right group, you are "bitching about them." That's your standard? You will shut up or you're bitching? Somehow I don't think that's actually your standard...
I say what I want and if it pisses you off I don't give a fuck, this board is for that sort of thing. As to your comment and the one that follows: please edit for clarity before I tell you why you're full of shit.

I say what I want and if it pisses you off I don't give a fuck, this board is for that sort of thing. As to your comment and the one that follows: please edit for clarity before I tell you why you're full of shit.

Wow, settle down there guy, no reason to explode in anger like that. It's just an internet discussion. I'm going to let you calm down a little. No worries, all is good. Just relax before you pop a vein.

Forum List

Back