So NY says their cost go down with Obamacare. Ohio says it goes up 55-85 percent.

Indeed, since the value of the federal subsidies is determined by the market rate of the plans, lower prices mean lower federal spending. Which means comparing next year's premiums with the CBO's earlier estimates will be especially interesting.

Are the premiums (and thus the federal subsidies) lower than CBO thought they would be? Yes, they are!

The Obama administration on Thursday highlighted lower-than-expected premiums for healthcare plans sold through ObamaCare's new insurance marketplaces.

In the 11 states that have released rates for next year, premiums for a middle-of-the-road plan are an average of 18 percent cheaper than the Congressional Budget Office had expected.

The Health and Human Services Department highlighted the rate information in a new report Thursday, just as President Obama was set to deliver a speech highlighting the law's savings to consumers.

New York is the latest state to report that premiums for plans offered through its exchange would be cheaper than expected — and, on average, 50 percent cheaper than comparable policies available in the state today.

California also reported lower-than-expected premiums for the policies sold through its exchange. Although some consumers in the state will see their premiums rise, bare-bones policies are available for less than $200 per month — well below initial estimates.

Raise your hand if any of you actually BELIEVE that costs will be going down in NY State?

:lol:

(Raise your hand if you are confirming that you are a gullible moron.)

Going down?

No.

Not going up as fast? Yeah.

Lowering the number of people clogging up the emergency rooms? Juries still out, but I am hoping..

It's like lowering the yearly deficit from a trillion to half a trillion.

The national debt is still massively and dangerously too high, and still growing at an alarming rate, but it's only growing at a smaller alarming rate. So, that must be ok, then.

No.

That's shit.

The rates in NY will not just continue to rise (and it will not be at a lower rate of increase), but the impact of Obamacare is going to wreck the economy of NY and the Union. He is guilty of trying to conduct an illegal national experiment which the Constitution clearly never authorized (despite the incoherent pronouncement of the idiot SCOTUS majority) and which is pre-doomed to failure. The unintended effects of this insane plan is going to hurt us big time.

And meanwhile, we are like fucking zombies. Those rocks and boulders up there are moving. Down. It's a fucking AVALANCHE! It's coming right at us! We see it coming but we refuse to either put on the brakes or get the fuck out of the way.

Doubtful..to any of this.

And Constitutional? Really?

It got through 2 houses of Congress and passed SCOTUS muster.

I didn't know there was anything more need me done.

Going down?

No.

Not going up as fast? Yeah.

Lowering the number of people clogging up the emergency rooms? Juries still out, but I am hoping..

It's like lowering the yearly deficit from a trillion to half a trillion.

The national debt is still massively and dangerously too high, and still growing at an alarming rate, but it's only growing at a smaller alarming rate. So, that must be ok, then.

No.

That's shit.

The rates in NY will not just continue to rise (and it will not be at a lower rate of increase), but the impact of Obamacare is going to wreck the economy of NY and the Union. He is guilty of trying to conduct an illegal national experiment which the Constitution clearly never authorized (despite the incoherent pronouncement of the idiot SCOTUS majority) and which is pre-doomed to failure. The unintended effects of this insane plan is going to hurt us big time.

And meanwhile, we are like fucking zombies. Those rocks and boulders up there are moving. Down. It's a fucking AVALANCHE! It's coming right at us! We see it coming but we refuse to either put on the brakes or get the fuck out of the way.

Doubtful..to any of this.

And Constitutional? Really?

It got through 2 houses of Congress and passed SCOTUS muster.

I didn't know there was anything more need me done.

It passed UNREAD.

And the SCOTUS decision was a fucking abdication by the Chief Justice and all those dopey liberals on that bench. Disgraceful.

Something needs to be done alright.

it needs to get rescinded.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back