So Only Cops And Crooks Can Have Assault Weapons In California?

391-AWs.jpg

Your lack of a cogent, responsible reply betrays much about you intellectual standing.

Play ground responses such as yours have no credibility in serious debate.

While I would certainly not call you an idiot...we've debated this often and I know better...I'll never understand the lefts fixation with ARs and AKs.

A semi-automatic is a semi-automatic is a semi-automatic.

Whoopi Goldberg thinks they are fully automatic.

You don't believe that too I hope.

One trigger pull, one bullet...just like every other commonly owned firearm in the United States.
Why are 'mass shootings' 'mass' shootings? Could it be the rat of fire and capacity of the weapon? What is the noble practical use of such weapons? To be a more effective sportsman, or to run up,the body count?

A gun for self defense should have the capacity needed to protect one and one's family period

And that capacity is for the gun owner to decide upon not you
If you cannot hit a target inside you house with six rounds, perhaps you are not competent to be trusted with firearms.

Sounds to me like you never shot a gun in your lifetime.
Being an expert marksman or a complete novice has no bearing on facts.

While I would certainly not call you an idiot...we've debated this often and I know better...I'll never understand the lefts fixation with ARs and AKs.

One trigger pull, one bullet...just like every other commonly owned firearm in the United States.
Why are 'mass shootings' 'mass' shootings? Could it be the rat of fire and capacity of the weapon? What is the noble practical use of such weapons? To be a more effective sportsman, or to run up,the body count?

A gun for self defense should have the capacity needed to protect one and one's family period

If you cannot hit a target inside you house with six rounds, perhaps you are not competent to be trusted with firearms.

Yes, it does.
Firearms are part of the fabric that makeup this country, they are an absolute right.
This country was formed to get away from the oppressive control freaks that used laws and taxes to force their will on their subjects.

What the hell are "assault weapons"? It used to be military semi-auto surplus but I guess a round magazine Ruger 922 for squirrel hunting would be considered an assault weapon by people who ain't got a clue

That term (Assault Rifle) pisses me off and always has. (1) The term AR means "Armalite Rifle" - the original designation for the designer. However, the hippies see the frame - and they go crazy. Trust me when I tell you this - I can do 10X the damage with a stock Remington 700, a good scope and a good line of sight.

But what the hell, nothing like a limp-wrested liberal to get it wrong - (as they usually do).

That term (Assault Rifle) pisses me off and always has. (1) The term AR means "Armalite Rifle" - the original designation for the designer. However, the hippies see the frame - and they go crazy. Trust me when I tell you this - I can do 10X the damage with a stock Remington 700, a good scope and a good line of sight.

But what the hell, nothing like a limp-wrested liberal to get it wrong - (as they usually do).
The bleeding hearts use their politically correct emotions to make up their minds...

Its easy, don't like things in California?

As the voice in the Amityville Horror would say, "GET OUT".

Stop yer whining and bitchin and get walking. Enjoy your $7.50/hr job in Taxus and shoot at signs on yer way to work.

Have fun Goober.

Yes, it does.
Firearms are part of the fabric that makeup this country, they are an absolute right.
This country was formed to get away from the oppressive control freaks that used laws and taxes to force their will on their subjects.
No rights are absolute rights. And 'control freaks' are precisely what's needed in the face of extremists.

Yes, it does.
No rights are absolute rights. And 'control freaks' are precisely what's needed in the face of extremists.
Control freaks are the extremists dumbass
They are called Progressives
The second admendment is an absolute right...

Sure it does, because if you ever fired a gun before, you would realize how difficult it is to hit a target. The farther away you are, the more difficult it is. It's not like a BB gun that has no kick to it and you can shoot accurately all the time. Even in training we were taught that shooting at another human being that may be shooting back at you is not like shooting at cardboard targets. You get excited, your heart starts racing, you instantly think how this could be the end of your life, or that you are about to take a life.

That being said, it makes perfect sense to have higher capacity magazines in your weapon for self-defense. I carry my 9mm with a 15 round magazine.

Yes, it does.

Who is more extremist than a control freak?????

Yes, it does.

Control freak is how rustic described a gun novice. I am not a gun novice. I am a gun owner. But that does not make me an absolutist where guns are concerned.

Yes, it does.

Control freak is how rustic described a gun novice. I am not a gun novice. I am a gun owner. But that does not make me an absolutist where guns are concerned.
Then you are a control freak...

Yes, it does.
Wrong.

No right is 'absolute,' including the Second Amendment right (see DC v. Heller)

This country was formed to ensure the people are subject solely to the rule of law, to safeguard their protected liberties, where citizens have the right to enact laws as they see fit; and when the people err, and enact measures repugnant to the Constitution, they are likewise at liberty to seek relief in Federal court, and have those laws invalidated.

The people of California have seen fit to explore this aspect of firearm regulatory policy, the proposed measure is consistent with current Second Amendment jurisprudence, and until such time as the courts rule otherwise, the proposed measure, if it becomes law, does not 'violate' the Second Amendment.

Yes, it does.

Then you are a control freak...
Wrong again.

Seeking to enact lawful regulatory measures is not being a 'control freak,' such a notion is childish, ignorant, and ridiculous.

Bravo! Such weapons belong in the hands of a well regulated militia, not on the streets.

First...they were never on the streets, there are over 3,700,000 AR-15s in private hands, and less than 5 are ever used for crime in any given year........

And they won't be in the hands of the militia......they will be in the hands of whatever criminal actually wants one.

Forum List

Back