🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, Paul Ryan wants to "privatize" Medicare and S.S. and V.A.?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Screwed up Ayn Rand followers must have never read a book on history. For example, as the thread's title states, Ryan wants to privatize all those "evil" government programs, to let the "free market" take care of us all since the free market is so damn altruistic, right?

Why not take a look at what happened in Russia once all that country's government assets were turned over to a handful of entrepreneurs. Prior to Putin's Mafia, the average Russian boasted an income of about $16,000 per year......now, that income is less than $9,000.

The above may seem like a situation much less drastic than what is happening in the U.S., but giving our government programs to private outfits will result in the same situation if fucked up Ryan-Rand has his way.

But the new and improved privatization of the Legislative and Executive branches are coming along so well, what could possibly go wrong with the same approach toward Medicare, Social Security and the Veterans Administration?

What could possibly go wrong?

Touching senior and poor medical entitlements will hurt the GOP seriously in the following election.

Touching senior and poor medical entitlements will hurt the GOP seriously in the following election.

Well, I NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the American right wing voter. This is why I almost wanted the Trump "replacement" of the ACA to go through.....just to test how the 2018 elections would go.

Big government does not work. It never has. Government should GET OUT of the insurance business, given its predictable record....

taxpayer funded insurance = cost to taxpayer due to abuse and fraud and waste

S&L insurance = $500 billion
Pensions - PBGC = $200 billion
Housing - Fannie and Freddie = $2 trillion
Medicare and Medicaid = $trillions

Government doesn't respond to market forces and hence should not be in the insurance business. Any sub human taxpayer funded leech who argues otherwise is cheering for another huge bailout like the above ones on the taxpayer...

What Ryan wants is the ACA for senior Americans.

Such is the hypocrisy of the right.

The ignorance of people like you is astounding given the access to all the information you need.
As a Medicare ADVANTAGE plan (concept alien to you I'm sure!!!) I'm getting the best care Medicare offers and in the process my Medicare Advantage plan MAKES a profit!
Each month under contract with Medicare my MA get's a check for $800.00 from Medicare on my behalf. Out of which I receive so many more benefits then Medicare could offer.
A) Instead of paying out of SS check the $121.80 Part B premium that many of you suckers pay... MY MA pays it!
B) My MA calls me periodically to make sure I'm seeing my doctor.
C) MY MA pays ALL my prescription drugs.
D) MY MA also provides me with up to $50 per month in over the counter products I get from their web site.
E) There are NO physician co-pays.
F) I was in hospital for 3 days ...bill over $30,000 I paid $200.

Oh and did I say my MA makes a profit? Out of which THEY pay taxes!
All courtesy of those evil capitalist privatizing money hungry business.

Also did you know if THEY didn't make a profit.... guess what the states wouldn't let them sell in their states. WHY you dummies ask is that so important???

I'm going to shout! CLAIM RESERVES COME FROM PROFITS. CLAIM RESERVES PAY FUTURE CLAIMS!

Something non-privatized entities like Medicare don't have to be concerned about!

But don't believe me. My case is anecdotal... except my fellow 15 million MA members wouldn't be here if what I was saying wasn't true!

So Ryan wants healthcare run by the same insurance companies who got out of the exchanges because they couldn't make enough money off them?

What Ryan wants is the ACA for senior Americans.

Such is the hypocrisy of the right.

The ignorance of people like you is astounding given the access to all the information you need.
As a Medicare ADVANTAGE plan (concept alien to you I'm sure!!!) I'm getting the best care Medicare offers and in the process my Medicare Advantage plan MAKES a profit!
Each month under contract with Medicare my MA get's a check for $800.00 from Medicare on my behalf. Out of which I receive so many more benefits then Medicare could offer.
A) Instead of paying out of SS check the $121.80 Part B premium that many of you suckers pay... MY MA pays it!
B) My MA calls me periodically to make sure I'm seeing my doctor.
C) MY MA pays ALL my prescription drugs.
D) MY MA also provides me with up to $50 per month in over the counter products I get from their web site.
E) There are NO physician co-pays.
F) I was in hospital for 3 days ...bill over $30,000 I paid $200.

Oh and did I say my MA makes a profit? Out of which THEY pay taxes!
All courtesy of those evil capitalist privatizing money hungry business.

Also did you know if THEY didn't make a profit.... guess what the states wouldn't let them sell in their states. WHY you dummies ask is that so important???

I'm going to shout! CLAIM RESERVES COME FROM PROFITS. CLAIM RESERVES PAY FUTURE CLAIMS!

Something non-privatized entities like Medicare don't have to be concerned about!

But don't believe me. My case is anecdotal... except my fellow 15 million MA members wouldn't be here if what I was saying wasn't true!

What Medicare Advantage plan do you have and how much is it? Why is Medicare sending them 800 a month??

So Ryan wants healthcare run by the same insurance companies who got out of the exchanges because they couldn't make enough money off them?

More precisely, you want a single payer system since that makes the most taxpayer money vanish into the hands of left wing kleptocrats like yourself....

Screwed up Ayn Rand followers must have never read a book on history. For example, as the thread's title states, Ryan wants to privatize all those "evil" government programs, to let the "free market" take care of us all since the free market is so damn altruistic, right?

Why not take a look at what happened in Russia once all that country's government assets were turned over to a handful of entrepreneurs. Prior to Putin's Mafia, the average Russian boasted an income of about $16,000 per year......now, that income is less than $9,000.

The above may seem like a situation much less drastic than what is happening in the U.S., but giving our government programs to private outfits will result in the same situation if fucked up Ryan-Rand has his way.

This massive J.O. has been in Congress since he was 29 years old. Before that he drove the big yellow WeinerMobile. That's the truth. He's never held a real job in his entire life.

I got my first job at 14, left home at 17 and have been independent ever since. But this pinhead wants to screw around with my retirement and "golden years"? FUCK HIM.

More precisely, you want a single payer system since that makes the most taxpayer money vanish into the hands of left wing kleptocrats like yourself....

That's not how single payer systems work. But if you would rather be at the mercy of the 1% and massive insurance corporations who now all run their operations out of the Philippines using the cheapest labor they can find, then you voted for the right people, idiot.

That's not how single payer systems work

Yes it is. That's why socialized countries have people who come here for treatment. They HATE the kleptocratic laziness of government controlled anything....

But if you would rather be at the mercy of the 1% and massive insurance corporations

I'd rather have the right not to purchase overpriced government FORCED insurance, by you and Obama FORCED me to buy what I didn't want to. Under the old rules, I could opt out. It is called freedom, and you and your side HATE IT when it interferes with your ability to steal ever more from the taxpayer.

What book on history? Turning things over to a couple of "entrepreneurs" (oligarchs of Russia) is not free market capitalism. Capitalism is the incentivizing of service to humanity, dependent on competition that's continually improves the service of humanity, while lowering the price. We've gone a long way from the free market, but we blame the free market when we shy away from it.

Capitalism has brought 2 billion people out of poverty, VS communism that has killed 100 million people in the past century. I know which direction I'm leaning towards on what's better.

if the government is doing such a great job with medical programs why is Obummercare failing and why is Medicare going broke? and Medicaid is pretty much a joke...

so why don't YOU take a real good look at Russia......that country has suffered from leftist/commie/totalitarian government for decades.....exactly the same stupid direction you Dumbocrats wish to take this country.....your government ideas STINK....

What book on history? Turning things over to a couple of "entrepreneurs" (oligarchs of Russia) is not free market capitalism. Capitalism is the incentivizing of service to humanity, dependent on competition that's continually improves the service of humanity, while lowering the price. We've gone a long way from the free market, but we blame the free market when we shy away from it.

Capitalism has brought 2 billion people out of poverty, VS communism that has killed 100 million people in the past century. I know which direction I'm leaning towards on what's better.

Too simplistic and shows you lack of comprehension of both history and economics.

I am NOT defending communism...I pointed out that when Russia decided to dismantle their communistic policies and handed over to a few cronies all the industries of Russia, THAT brand of capitalism failed,

Bottom line is simple......Would a company rather have MORE customers or would that company rather have MORE profits?

Address that question and you'll be a bit smarter.

That's not how single payer systems work

Yes it is. That's why socialized countries have people who come here for treatment. They HATE the kleptocratic laziness of government controlled anything....

But if you would rather be at the mercy of the 1% and massive insurance corporations

I'd rather have the right not to purchase overpriced government FORCED insurance, by you and Obama FORCED me to buy what I didn't want to. Under the old rules, I could opt out. It is called freedom, and you and your side HATE IT when it interferes with your ability to steal ever more from the taxpayer.

Only wealthy people come here. Its time to get insurance and pay your way.

if the government is doing such a great job with medical programs why is Obummercare failing and why is Medicare going broke? and Medicaid is pretty much a joke...

so why don't YOU take a real good look at Russia......that country has suffered from leftist/commie/totalitarian government for decades.....exactly the same stupid direction you Dumbocrats wish to take this country.....your government ideas STINK....

Its not, only if you listen to the GOP.

Forum List

Back