So Polygamists must also be protected by this new SCOTUS ruling, right?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
If the SCOTUS used the 14th Amendment as the basis for this decision on Gay marriage then they have implicitly given the same rights to Polygamists since they are entitled to the same privileges as Gays or any other citizens under the 14th Amendment. If you disagree, then tell me why that would not apply to Polygamists.

Polygamy has existed in America before, though that is predominately a Christian thing - Mormon to be precise. But guess after all this Religious rights carry-on, you only believe in them selectively.

People try and mud-sling with polygamy, but LGBT groups never claimed religion as their sole motivation, unlike the same sex marriage opponents who did.

So if you want or don't want polygamy, have a look at your bible and decide, as there is incest (if you forgot lot's daughters) and polygamy in there. Only gay sex is 'not condoned', even if religious cleansing/genocide, slavery, incest, and polygamy is there.

Straight whites shouldn't care. Bristol, the daughter of their goddess, doesn't seem to.

Once a country accepts perversion it doesn't stop until it collapses or is conquered.

Once a country accepts perversion it doesn't stop until it collapses or is conquered.
Grumpy Cat Good(1).jpg

This the part where all the horrible things you said were going to happen are supposed to happen. What excuse are you going to use when it doesn't?

Polygamy has existed in America before, though that is predominately a Christian thing - Mormon to be precise. But guess after all this Religious rights carry-on, you only believe in them selectively.

People try and mud-sling with polygamy, but LGBT groups never claimed religion as their sole motivation, unlike the same sex marriage opponents who did.

So if you want or don't want polygamy, have a look at your bible and decide, as there is incest (if you forgot lot's daughters) and polygamy in there. Only gay sex is 'not condoned', even if religious cleansing/genocide, slavery, incest, and polygamy is there.

More proof that the far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet!

This the part where all the horrible things you said were going to happen are supposed to happen. What excuse are you going to use when it doesn't?

Have you thanked GWB lately?
When I thank Monsanto for monopolizing the market, screwing over small farmers, and Blackwater for their war crimes. So never.

And you see why the far left is so dangerous, yet they refuse to thank GWB that put the chief justice that has upheld Obamcare twice and paved the way for gay "marriage"..

So when you far left drones going to thank GWB?

Have you thanked GWB lately?
When I thank Monsanto for monopolizing the market, screwing over small farmers, and Blackwater for their war crimes. So never.

And you see why the far left is so dangerous, yet they refuse to thank GWB that put the chief justice that has upheld Obamcare twice and paved the way for gay "marriage"..

So when you far left drones going to thank GWB?
Never voted for Bush, and never voted for Obama or Romney. So why support people I didn't vote for?

The fact something was in the Bible, does not mean that it was acceptable. Lot's daughters were a negative, not a positive. One of the validating aspects of the Bible, is that it is in fact 'real'. In a made up story, people tend to smooth over, or omit aspects considered disgusting or negative.

The Bible does not do that. Moses murdering the Egyptian for example. For the vast majority of people, if you are the hero of the book, you don't write in that you are a murderer.

So with that said....

I am convinced that there is nothing wrong with polygamy. Now that's one man, and multiple women. From everything I've read, there is no one women with multiple husbands, and several verses that indicate that would be bad.

But, nothing suggests that polygamy is a sin. Now there is TONS that suggest that polygamy is not ideal. The ideal situation is one man, one woman.

There are several stories in the Bible, like Jacob and Rachel and Leah, or Elkanah, Hannah and Penina. In both cases, and others, having multiple wives, resulted in tension in the family (imagine that). We would like to think that we can treat everyone entirely equally. But we can't. You will always love one more than the other. You'll always have a favorite between any number.

So it's not ideal, but I see nothing that suggests it's sinful or wrong.

Therefore, if there is a future battle over polygamy, I will not be fighting in it. I'd leave that alone.

That said..... I highly doubt it would be much of an issue honestly. The whole reason we have such a high divorce rate is because self-centered narcissistic people, refuse to compromise or accept the judgement of others. Do you really think the me-centered, selfish women of America, are really interested in being stuck in a house with two people they want to compromise with? And knowing one of you will be the favorite?

Call me cynical, but I don't see many American women wanting to sign that deal. I could be wrong. I don't know for sure.

Forum List

Back