So the christian jesus was all about peace ?

Wrong again-----the bible is NOT THE ONLY history that exists for the first century AD. ...
No fucking shit my exuberant, over-anxious and self-admitted angry opponent.

Please QUOTE me (using your angry tactics) showing where I said the Bible is the only history of the 1st Century.

Your anger is your worst enemy, irosie91. Defeat that enemy and your life will turn for the better.

you are incoherent, wind-----and have a remarkably inflated view of your own stinking ass

Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 22:36
He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book
Ask any Muslim what happens to him when he converts to Christianity. There's your sword.

Matt;

10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

While the idea of Jesus as the paragon of niceness and non-violence sits well in the christians delusions and imagination, it is not true according to their own "holy" book
Ask any Muslim what happens to him when he converts to Christianity. There's your sword.

The implications of the claim that Mohammed was the last and greatest prophet is that Mohammed was the fulfillment of both the second coming of Christ and the fulfillment of Jewish messianic expectations, something Christians and Jews will never accept.

As such many feel morally justified and even obligated to kill all who do not accept Mohammed based on luke 19:27. where they believe that Jesus himself predicted that he would order the murder of unbelievers when he returned which is exactly what Mohammed did, ordered the murder of unbelievers, even though the verse was never intended to be taken literally and is a subtle teaching about the hidden subject of ritual slaughter that has literally nothing to do with killing anybody..

"But as for those enemies of mine who would not have me for their king, bring them here and slaughter them in my presence."

Last edited:
Matt;

The implications of the claim that Mohammed was the last and greatest prophet is that Mohammed was the fulfillment of both the second coming of Christ and the fulfillment of Jewish messianic expectations, something Christians and Jews will never accept.

As such many feel morally justified and even obligated to kill all who do not accept Mohammed based on luke 19:27. where they believe that Jesus himself predicted that he would order the murder of unbelievers when he returned which is exactly what Mohammed did, ordered the murder of unbelievers, even though the verse was never intended to be taken literally and is a subtle teaching about the hidden subject of ritual slaughter that has literally nothing to do with killing anybody..

"But as for those enemies of mine who would not have me for their king, bring them here and slaughter them in my presence."

Luke 19:27 is part of a parable, The Parable of the Ten Gold Coins
That was not Jesus saying that.

Matt;

Of course it was a part of a parable.

Still, misunderstanding the parable has contributed to 2000 years of antisemitism and has inspired mohammed and every wannabe hitler ever since it was written to convince their followers that it is a religious duty to persecute and kill Jews.

Matt;

Still, misunderstanding the parable has contributed to 2000 years of antisemitism and has inspired mohammed and every wannabe hitler ever since it was written to convince their followers that it is a religious duty to persecute and kill Jews.

You were infighting for years, get a grip. The zealots hated he Sanhedrin , and the Sanhedrin were mainly rich elite Sadducees, who the Pharisees did not get alone with. The zealots hated both, Rome saved you from total self destruction.

Matt;

Agreed, yet by telling a parable, the story teller is responsible for the telling.

That said, the same parable is told in Matthew 25:14-30. Although the wording of the ending is not the same, the message of the parable is the same. No, it's not about killing people.

Matthew 25 KJV
29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30) - Bible Commentary - Theology of Work
The meaning of the parable extends far beyond financial investments. God has given each person a wide variety of gifts, and he expects us to employ those gifts in his service. It is not acceptable merely to put those gifts on a closet shelf and ignore them. Like the three servants, we do not have gifts of the same degree. The return God expects of us is commensurate with the gifts we have been given. The servant who received one talent was not condemned for failing to reach the five-talent goal; he was condemned because he did nothing with what he was given. The gifts we receive from God include skills, abilities, family connections, social positions, education, experiences, and more. The point of the parable is that we are to use whatever we have been given for God’s purposes. The severe consequences to the unproductive servant, far beyond anything triggered by mere business mediocrity, tell us that we are to invest our lives, not waste them.

Matt;

Guano once again locks in his moronic knowledge award for yet another year.

Matt;

You were infighting for years, get a grip. The zealots hated he Sanhedrin , and the Sanhedrin were mainly rich elite Sadducees, who the Pharisees did not get alone with. The zealots hated both, Rome saved you from total self destruction.

You were infighting for years? Get a grip?

WTF

Who do you think I am? The Jews?

Agreed, yet by telling a parable, the story teller is responsible for the telling.

That said, the same parable is told in Matthew 25:14-30. Although the wording of the ending is not the same, the message of the parable is the same. No, it's not about killing people.

Of course you are right, but can you see how any mentally unstable person with a predilection for violence would seize on that verse to justify antisemitism and killing unbelievers and would make them seem like a candidate for being the returning Christ to the ignorant, or, at the very least, a righteous and obedient follower?

Last edited:
Matt;

The Saducees were NEVER in the Sanhedrin.
Show me a Link that ISN'T from a Christian Rapture site.

It wouldn't even make sense for a Saducee to be in the Sanhedrin since they took Scripture LITERALLY and mixed it with Greek and Roman law.

Of course you are right, but can you see how any mentally unstable person with a predilection for violence would seize on that verse to justify antisemitism and killing unbelievers and would make them seem like a candidate for being the returning Christ to the ignorant, or, at the very least, a righteous and obedient follower?
One cannot reason with irrational people.

Saying that the Bible, the Quran, the Torah or even a dictionary is responsible for the actions of crazy people is, in itself, insane. The severely mentally ill do whatever the voices in their heads tell them. Blaming inanimate objects for their behavior is not rational nor just.

It wouldn't even make sense for a Saducee to be in the Sanhedrin since they took Scripture LITERALLY and mixed it with Greek and Roman law.

You might want to revise your Jewish library and encyclopedia.

The Pharisees

The most important of the three were the Pharisees because they are the spiritual fathers of modern Judaism. Their main distinguishing characteristic was a belief in an Oral Law that God gave to Moses at Sinai along with the Torah. The Torah, or Written Law, was akin to the U.S. Constitution in the sense that it set down a series of laws that were open to interpretation. The Pharisees believed that God also gave Moses the knowledge of what these laws meant and how they should be applied. This oral tradition was codified and written down roughly three centuries later in what is known as the Talmud.

The Pharisees also maintained that an after-life existed and that God punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous in the world to come. They also believed in a messiah who would herald an era of world peace.

Pharisees were in a sense blue-collar Jews who adhered to the tenets developed after the destruction of the Temple; that is, such things as individual prayer and assembly in synagogues.

The Sadducees

The Sadducees were elitists who wanted to maintain the priestly caste, but they were also liberal in their willingness to incorporate Hellenism into their lives, something the Pharisees opposed. The Sadducees rejected the idea of the Oral Law and insisted on a literal interpretation of the Written Law; consequently, they did not believe in an after life, since it is not mentioned in the Torah. The main focus ofSadducee life was rituals associated with the Temple.

The Sadducees disappeared around 70 A.D., after thed estruction of the Second Temple. None of the writings of the Sadducees has survived, so the little we know about them comes from their Pharisaic opponents.

These two "parties" served in the Great Sanhedrin, a kind of Jewish Supreme Court made up of 71 members whose responsibility was to interpret civil and religious laws.

Pharisees, Sadducees & Essenes | Jewish Virtual Library

Saying that the Bible, the Quran, the Torah or even a dictionary is responsible for the actions of crazy people is, in itself, insane. The severely mentally ill do whatever the voices in their heads tell them. Blaming inanimate objects for their behavior is not rational nor just.

Along with some of the zealot leaders instigating craziness. Some people are easy to lead and are very gullible due to falling in a pit and become ultra overly religious zealots. Some fake it to make lots of money off the gullible people who really do need help and not just prayer and belief, fast a little more, pray a lot more, sackcloth an ashes comes to mine, oh woe is me mentality. Let go and let God.

I disagree.

If you were born perfectly but then were forced to chant verses from the koran for 12 hours a day seven days a week, you too would be eager to blow yourself up by the time you were 12 years old.

To say the book has nothing to do with the evil done in its name is just avoiding the root of the problem of religion in general where a persons degree of faith has come to be determined by their ability to profess a belief in the ridiculous with a straight face..

Matt;

as a first---I will jump to the defense of Pharisee Jesus-----Luke did not speak Aramaic and never met Jesus. Luke was
greek and came from a society in which mass
crucifixtions solved local and international squabbles (remember Sparticus?---) I do not believe that Jesus PROCLAIMED HIMSELF---king of anything or demanded worship of HIM-----VERY UNPHARISAICAL. I consider Luke to be CLEARLY a proponent of early dogmatic Christianity----but not a friend of Jesus~~~~~
"hidden subject of ritual slaughter" <<<<
^^^^^~~~wat da fluck are you talkin'
about????

independent------dey don't know nuthin' from Pharisee vs Sadducee or what da hell was da Sanhedrin. Dey don't even know what a Samaritan is or how to make noodle kugel

The Sadducees

These two "parties" served in the
Great Sanhedrin, a kind of Jewish Supreme Court made up of 71 members whose responsibility was to interpret civil and religious laws.

The Sadducees
These two "parties" served in the
Great Sanhedrin, a kind of Jewish Supreme Court made up of 71 members whose responsibility was to interpret civil and religious laws.

You lose, BriainDeadChild...This quote, or it's INFERENCE, does NOT exist.
You just pulled a lie out of you rear end.

independent------dey don't know nuthin' from Pharisee vs Sadducee or what da hell was da Sanhedrin. Dey don't even know what a Samaritan is or how to make noodle kugel

My biggest concern is if Penelope's brain is actually seeing her posted lies and delusions.

Forum List

Back