So the christian jesus was all about peace ?

I disagree.

If you were born perfectly but then were forced to chant verses from the koran for 12 hours a day seven days a week, you too would be eager to blow yourself up by the time you were 12 years old.

To say the book has nothing to do with the evil done in its name is just avoiding the root of the problem of religion in general where a persons degree of faith has come to be determined by their ability to profess a belief in the ridiculous with a straight face..
You claim you disagree then turn around and make my point for me: Mankind is responsible for how they use inanimate objects like swords, shovels and books.

You are assuming people are just soulless meat computers and incapable of thinking for themselves. Yes, if you indoctrinated a class of 30 students from birth until they were 12 years of age, you'd likely find 1 or 2 willing to strap on a suicide belt and go murder a busload of innocent Jews. All of them? No as reality proves. That's why relatively few Palestinians are actually throwing themselves against Israeli defenses.

There are 1.8 million Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip. How many are willing to commit suicide with a bomb?

Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Luke 19:27 is part of a parable, The Parable of the Ten Gold Coins
That was not Jesus saying that.

Of course it was a part of a parable.

Still, misunderstanding the parable has contributed to 2000 years of antisemitism and has inspired mohammed and every wannabe hitler ever since it was written to convince their followers that it is a religious duty to persecute and kill Jews.

You were infighting for years, get a grip. The zealots hated he Sanhedrin , and the Sanhedrin were mainly rich elite Sadducees, who the Pharisees did not get alone with. The zealots hated both, Rome saved you from total self destruction.

The Saducees were NEVER in the Sanhedrin.
Show me a Link that ISN'T from a Christian Rapture site.

It wouldn't even make sense for a Saducee to be in the Sanhedrin since they took Scripture LITERALLY and mixed it with Greek and Roman law.

independent------dey don't know nuthin' from Pharisee vs Sadducee or what da hell was da Sanhedrin. Dey don't even know what a Samaritan is or how to make noodle kugel

My biggest concern is if Penelope's brain is actually seeing her posted lies and delusions.

I am not sure that her brain accurately RECEIVES AND PROCESSES the written
word

Of course you are right, but can you see how any mentally unstable person with a predilection for violence would seize on that verse to justify antisemitism and killing unbelievers and would make them seem like a candidate for being the returning Christ to the ignorant, or, at the very least, a righteous and obedient follower?
One cannot reason with irrational people.

Saying that the Bible, the Quran, the Torah or even a dictionary is responsible for the actions of crazy people is, in itself, insane. The severely mentally ill do whatever the voices in their heads tell them. Blaming inanimate objects for their behavior is not rational nor just.

I disagree.

If you were born perfectly but then were forced to chant verses from the koran for 12 hours a day seven days a week, you too would be eager to blow yourself up by the time you were 12 years old.

To say the book has nothing to do with the evil done in its name is just avoiding the root of the problem of religion in general where a persons degree of faith has come to be determined by their ability to profess a belief in the ridiculous with a straight face..

Luke 19:27 is part of a parable, The Parable of the Ten Gold Coins
That was not Jesus saying that.

Still, misunderstanding the parable has contributed to 2000 years of antisemitism and has inspired mohammed and every wannabe hitler ever since it was written to convince their followers that it is a religious duty to persecute and kill Jews.

You were infighting for years, get a grip. The zealots hated he Sanhedrin , and the Sanhedrin were mainly rich elite Sadducees, who the Pharisees did not get alone with. The zealots hated both, Rome saved you from total self destruction.

It wouldn't even make sense for a Saducee to be in the Sanhedrin since they took Scripture LITERALLY and mixed it with Greek and Roman law.

You might want to revise your Jewish library and encyclopedia.

The Sadducees

These two "parties" served in the
Great Sanhedrin, a kind of Jewish Supreme Court made up of 71 members whose responsibility was to interpret civil and religious laws.

The Sadducees
Great Sanhedrin, a kind of Jewish Supreme Court made up of 71 members whose responsibility was to interpret civil and religious laws.

You lose, BriainDeadChild...This quote, or it's INFERENCE, does NOT exist.
You just pulled a lie out of you rear end.

:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::lol: I just proved you wrong and you just can't admit it.:lol:

I disagree.

You claim you disagree then turn around and make my point for me: Mankind is responsible for how they use inanimate objects like swords, shovels and books.

You are assuming people are just soulless meat computers and incapable of thinking for themselves. Yes, if you indoctrinated a class of 30 students from birth until they were 12 years of age, you'd likely find 1 or 2 willing to strap on a suicide belt and go murder a busload of innocent Jews. All of them? No as reality proves. That's why relatively few Palestinians are actually throwing themselves against Israeli defenses.

There are 1.8 million Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip. How many are willing to commit suicide with a bomb?

Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I absolutely agree-----about 2 out of 30 would by into ACTIVE participation------something like 7 % BY NO MEANS WOULD 100%
be willing to tie bombs to their asses or carry machine guns into cafes or slit the throats of infants...... ONLY 7% of 1.5 billion. Same was true in Nazi germany

Of course you are right, but can you see how any mentally unstable person with a predilection for violence would seize on that verse to justify antisemitism and killing unbelievers and would make them seem like a candidate for being the returning Christ to the ignorant, or, at the very least, a righteous and obedient follower?

Saying that the Bible, the Quran, the Torah or even a dictionary is responsible for the actions of crazy people is, in itself, insane. The severely mentally ill do whatever the voices in their heads tell them. Blaming inanimate objects for their behavior is not rational nor just.

I disagree.

The Sadducees

The Sadducees

:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::lol: I just proved you wrong and you just can't admit it.:lol:

Idiot!!! Look at your OWN LINK!

I disagree.

The Sadducees

The Sadducees

they don't know from Pharisee vs Sadducee---all they know is that the Pharisees were evil people who EXPLOITED everyone else----the catechism whores and sunday school teachers SAY SO

I disagree.

The Sadducees

The Sadducees

they don't know from Pharisee vs Sadducee---all they know is that the Pharisees were evil people who EXPLOITED everyone else----the catechism whores and sunday school teachers SAY SO

Funny how a RC knows more than you Jews, but I guess I just read a bit more. I mean since Jesus was said to of been a Jew one would think Christians would want to know all they could about Judaism.:)

I disagree.

The Sadducees

Funny how a RC knows more than you Jews, but I guess I just read a bit more. I mean since Jesus was said to of been a Jew one would think Christians would want to know all they could about Judaism.:)

I know you read; it's WHAT you read...garbage.

I disagree.

The Sadducees

One would think----but they don't----in fact even for an RC you know less than most. You know nothing. I will help with a simple "test" question-----who wanted Jesus dead? Pharisees or Sadducees? Who wanted the
'money changers' out of the temple courtyard---Pharisees or sadducees? Who were the RICH GUYS----Pharisees or Sadducees? who, TODAY, are sadducees?

I disagree.

One would think----but they don't----in fact even for an RC you know less than most. You know nothing. I will help with a simple "test" question-----who wanted Jesus dead? Pharisees or Sadducees? Who wanted the
'money changers' out of the temple courtyard---Pharisees or sadducees? Who were the RICH GUYS----Pharisees or Sadducees? who, TODAY, are sadducees?

so far I did not win----uhm.....penny's willingness to BITE THE BULLET and answer the very simple questions

so far I did not win----uhm.....penny's willingness to BITE THE BULLET and answer the very simple questions

Both.

Both.

"both"? both chocolate and vanilla? Is that what your catechism whore told you?
***both*** ----"always say 'both' when you don't know the answer"

Both.

Shame one would think you , both declared jews, would want to know the Christian, and Rome knows it.

The Pharisees criticized Jesus and his disciples for not keeping the law and consorting with sinners. Jesus in reply called them hypocrites and accused them of leading people astray, of corruption, betraying the heritage of the Jewish prophets, and generally having their religious priorities mixed up.

There was another side to the Pharisees. By bringing Jewish religious life out of the Temple and into homes, synagogues, and the lives of everyday people, as well as advocating the continuing interpretation of the Torah, they helped preserve Jewish tradition after the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70. But they had a big problem with Jesus' taking on the authority of God-healing people, setting himself up as the interpreter of the law, and forgiving sins.

As did the Sadducees. They saw their role as upholding traditional practices and beliefs, and they resolutely defended worship at the Jerusalem Temple as the action that maintained the covenant between God and Israel. Though they differed with the Pharisees over belief in resurrection, like the Pharisees they vied for influence with the royal court and the Roman rulers and opposed this person Jesus, who challenged just about every religious authority he encountered.

We see more members of the Israelite power elite in the elders, chief priests, and scribes. The elders acted as community leaders and judges. The chief priests were members of the high priestly families or those acting with the authority of the high priest, while the scribes with whom Jesus argued were probably lawyers and judges. While the scribes interpreted Jewish law, they did not make it, hence their conflicts with Jesus, who claimed authority over the law.

Who were the Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes, chief priests, and elders?

And now you know.

Both.

Shame one would think you , both declared jews, would want to know the Christian, and Rome knows it.

The Pharisees criticized Jesus and his disciples for not keeping the law and consorting with sinners. Jesus in reply called them hypocrites and accused them of leading people astray, of corruption, betraying the heritage of the Jewish prophets, and generally having their religious priorities mixed up.

There was another side to the Pharisees. By bringing Jewish religious life out of the Temple and into homes, synagogues, and the lives of everyday people, as well as advocating the continuing interpretation of the Torah, they helped preserve Jewish tradition after the destruction of the Temple in A.D. 70. But they had a big problem with Jesus' taking on the authority of God-healing people, setting himself up as the interpreter of the law, and forgiving sins.

As did the Sadducees. They saw their role as upholding traditional practices and beliefs, and they resolutely defended worship at the Jerusalem Temple as the action that maintained the covenant between God and Israel. Though they differed with the Pharisees over belief in resurrection, like the Pharisees they vied for influence with the royal court and the Roman rulers and opposed this person Jesus, who challenged just about every religious authority he encountered.

We see more members of the Israelite power elite in the elders, chief priests, and scribes. The elders acted as community leaders and judges. The chief priests were members of the high priestly families or those acting with the authority of the high priest, while the scribes with whom Jesus argued were probably lawyers and judges. While the scribes interpreted Jewish law, they did not make it, hence their conflicts with Jesus, who claimed authority over the law.

And now you know.
OMG!! A Link to a CATHOLIC site!!!
I'm SHOCKED!!! Simply SHOCKED!!!

Both.

And now you know.

I already know the catholic version of history---I had long conversations with PRIEST STUDENTS from SETON HALL---way back before 1970. Of course I understand why you couldn't answer the very simple questions in the "test" Catholics want to make Jesus something like ----- A POPE ADVOCATE OF CANON LAW-------nope---that was Constantine-----murderer of tens of thousands.

Both.

And now you know.

it is not complex-----the catholic version of history is------JESUS SAID WORSHIP THE ROMAN EMPEROR, HE IS LIKE GOD.
The then POPEs took on the role of ROMAN EMPEROR along with priests as DEPUTIES

PS----somehow ----the Pharisees did not buy into the idea of worship of the ROMAN EMPEROR-----later known as "POPE"

Both.

And now you know.

it is not complex-----the catholic version of history is------JESUS SAID WORSHIP THE ROMAN EMPEROR, HE IS LIKE GOD.
The then POPEs took on the role of ROMAN EMPEROR along with priests as DEPUTIES

Not worship, but give to Caesars what is Caesars. Most Caesars were deified upon their death. Relax I don't hole you responsible for the death of Jesus. The peasant jews liked Jesus, he gave them hope, some got upset when he cut the literal bread out though.

Forum List

Back