So the republican solution to our healthcare system is as little government as possible right?

Most practitioners out here no longer accept it.

In a very well publicised instance, The Mayo in Scottsdale quit taking medicare for standard checkups and other routine things. They showed how much money they were losing. They still don't take it. They will for proceddures and the like....but it makes not sense for them on a small item basis.

80% of workers in this country live paycheck to paycheck. People have no choice but to work shit jobs because wages are way behind on the cost of living.

Yes. We get it. You condense 1000 variables into a single variable called a "shit job" and try to make a case with it.

You are NOT a critical thinker

Which Congressional reps are insurance experts? Which ones know beans about healthcare? They foisted crappy insurance on the working poor to boast about how many folks were "covered". And they HID the "medicare expansion" costs in the pool rather than funding them.

Even the NAME of the program is an evil taunt. Because NOTHING about actual market costs of services or premium control was ever part of the plan. Other than putting more debt on the Treasury.

You want to solve healthcare? Focus on the 10 to 15% UNINSURED. And give some BARE MIN guidelines for individual insurance plans that includes a REASONABLE definition of "pre-existing".. 60% of every person over 40 right now is declared "pre-existing" simply because they are taking cholesterol drugs or blood pressure meds . That's stupid. It's preventative medicine. NOT necessarily an indicator of outcome.

SHOULD BE MINIMAL dictates on insurance from the FEDERAL level. Let the states experiment WITHOUT Federal intervention. Find the concepts that work.
Reasonable healthcare costs can only be realized if the public was allowed to see Physicians annual tax returns.

Just sayin.

So just to be clear...

The position of the GOP on healthcare is to go back to the failed system we had before the ACA?

The system before the ACA was not a failure.

The ACA uses that system to provide health insurance to others.

Can you be any more stupid ?

Which Congressional reps are insurance experts? Which ones know beans about healthcare? They foisted crappy insurance on the working poor to boast about how many folks were "covered". And they HID the "medicare expansion" costs in the pool rather than funding them.

Even the NAME of the program is an evil taunt. Because NOTHING about actual market costs of services or premium control was ever part of the plan. Other than putting more debt on the Treasury.

You want to solve healthcare? Focus on the 10 to 15% UNINSURED. And give some BARE MIN guidelines for individual insurance plans that includes a REASONABLE definition of "pre-existing".. 60% of every person over 40 right now is declared "pre-existing" simply because they are taking cholesterol drugs or blood pressure meds . That's stupid. It's preventative medicine. NOT necessarily an indicator of outcome.

SHOULD BE MINIMAL dictates on insurance from the FEDERAL level. Let the states experiment WITHOUT Federal intervention. Find the concepts that work.

But people like Billy000 worship the federal government live on it's tit. It can't do anything wrong.

Ever look into the lives of a local doctor? Where they live? The cars they drive, the clubs they are members of? The vacations they take? The real estate they own?

Just sayin x2

So ask yourself....why does the AMA exist ?

Ever look into the lives of a local doctor? Where they live? The cars they drive, the clubs they are members of? The vacations they take? The real estate they own?

Just sayin x2

So? Ever saw how hard doctors work to BECOME doctors? The debt they take on? The responsibilities they have?

If you think the cost of your healthcare is because your doctors salary shows your ignorance.

Just sayin x2
And they make less than a sports star who does nothing but play a fucking game

I have no problem with doctors making a lot of money. The schooling they have to go through is incredible.

And they make less than a sports star who does nothing but play a fucking game

I have no problem with doctors making a lot of money. The schooling they have to go through is incredible.

I wonder if hikerguy complains as loudly about the price of football tickets as he does healthcare. I know that the salary of our quarterback, Drew Brees, over the course of his 16 year career as a QB for the Saints. earned him over 200 MILLION DOLLARS. In that 16 year period. he only went to. and won, ONE superbowl.

Most doctors make less than 500 grand a year. And they have LIVES at stake EVERY DAY. They have to be PERFECT every day. all day long. or else could be liable for a wrongful death and sued for MILLIONS.

I wouldn't do that shit unless I made millions every year. I don't know about you, but I'll hire the cheapest plumber or electrician before I want to hire a cheap doctor.

I wonder if hikerguy complains as loudly about the price of football tickets as he does healthcare. I know that the salary of our quarterback, Drew Brees, over the course of his 16 year career as a QB for the Saints. earned him over 200 MILLION DOLLARS. In that 16 year period. he only went to. and won, ONE superbowl.

Most doctors make less than 500 grand a year. And they have LIVES at stake EVERY DAY. They have to be PERFECT every day. all day long. or else could be liable for a wrongful death and sued for MILLIONS.

I wouldn't do that shit unless I made millions every year.
Exactly. The world's best brain surgeon makes a fraction of what a sports star makes.

It's ridiculous to complain about how much a doctor makes when they literally are saving lives on a daily basis.

Answer the question

Do you expect Americans to provide free healthcare for 10s of millions of foreigners?
That is a bunch of made up fear mongering xenophobic bullshit. There is no need to provide "free "health care. Those people work and contribute to the economy. In fact we need them as labor. Some will qualify for health care subsidies under the ACA. So what? They also pay taxes. The health care industry and the wider economy benefits . Once again I will say, you people just bleat about the cost and never consider the benefits of government programs

In addition:

Many lawfully present immigrants face a five-year waiting period to enroll in Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) coverage, and undocumented immigrants are prohibited from enrolling in any federally funded coverage, including Medicaid, CHIP, Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace, and Medicare coverage.

We have a great healthcare system.

We have a health insurance issue.

Private industry doesn't want to fix it.

I don't recall saying that. What I said was that Obamacare lived off or Romneycare. IOW: Romenycare was held up as being successful and a "point" for Obamacare.

Don't ready to well do you.

Finland is a country of 5 million people. Smaller than about 1/2 our states. I said states would be better than the federal government. What did you think I was talking about ? The state educational system ?

States exist to give their citizens more autonmy and choice. Designing one system for 330,000,000 people is stupid and thinking it can be done is even more stupid.
i don’t even know what your point even is. It’s obvious you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. You aren’t even disagreeing with me besides telling you how dumb leaving it to the states is. How do I know states can’t handle this issue? Because obviously they haven’t done anything to improve it.

Forum List

Back