So this guy from Chicago, shows up at a Florida Convenience store showing the clerk he has a gun. Clerk shows robber his gun. Yeah for 2nd amend.

They work just fine when enforced... the problem is they aren't being enforced. There are no consequences for breaking a law, there's no point in having a law.

You never seem to think that about common criminals.

Well sure. Removing penalties for criminal behavior enables criminals.

That's a program that leftists don't understand.

We lock up 2 million people. If putting people in jail prevented crimes, then we'd have the lowest crime rates in the industrialized world, not the highest.

More than 30 individuals in Chicago accused of crimes ranging from murder, attempted murder, or violent firearm-related crimes were free on bail when they were initially charged last year.

Just 30? That doesn't sound like a particularly big number in a city that has thousands of crimes a year.

You never seem to think that about common criminals.

Common criminals have nothing to lose... this is what you don't seem to get.

I'm not going to kill my ex-boss (as much as that would improve the world) because I have too much to lose. I have property, wealth, affluence, a nice girlfriend. I'd lose all of that if I went to jail.

But if you are poor, living on the street, have no job prospects, frankly threatening someone with jail time isn't that much of a threat. This is the cycle we need to break.

People like you and HolierThanThou sleep in your warm beds with full stomachs and have no idea what real hardship is like. And frankly, neither do I.

If they made you live on the street for a year, you'd probably turn into a real psychopath because you can barely contain your rage in a comfortable life.

We lock up 2 million people. If putting people in jail prevented crimes, then we'd have the lowest crime rates in the industrialized world, not the highest.

Just 30? That doesn't sound like a particularly big number in a city that has thousands of crimes a year.
The leftists have the brilliant solution of enabling criminals which, much their surprise, caused crime rates to explode. It was a brilliant idea that caused business to leave and Firearms sales to set new records as people sought to defend themselves.

Yeah, just 30 people dead. Not a big deal. It's the cost of doing leftism.

The leftists have the brilliant solution of enabling criminals which, much their surprise, caused crime rates to explode. It was a brilliant idea that caused business to leave and Firearms sales to set new records as people sought to defend themselves.

Yeah, just 30 people dead. Not a big deal. It's the cost of doing leftism.

We have 19,500 gun murders a year, and you guys are fine with that.
As opposed to most other industrialized countries, which have less than 300.

Let's look at those gun murders in those other industrialized nations. We'll just stick to the G-7 nations.

Japan - 1 in 2017. 1?
United Kingdom - 32
Germany - 82
Italy - 110
France - 92
Canada -249

Incidentally, crime rates have hardly "exploded". It went from a high of 758/100K Under Bush the Elder to a low of 361/100K under Obama. It went up to a 10 year high under Trump, who is truly the master of fucking up everything.

1667383877844.png

Let's look at those gun murders in those other industrialized nations. We'll just stick to the G-7 nations.

Japan - 1 in 2017. 1?
United Kingdom - 32
Germany - 82
Italy - 110
France - 92
Canada -249

Incidentally, crime rates have hardly "exploded". It went from a high of 758/100K Under Bush the Elder to a low of 361/100K under Obama. It went up to a 10 year high under Trump, who is truly the master of fucking up everything.

View attachment 719759

The Europeans murdered 15 million people in 6 years.

The Japanese murdered 3 million people in 6 years.

These are not combat deaths, these were civilians rounded up and murdered.

In the U.S. we have had 2,460,000 gun murders in the entire 246 year history of our country.

Government is the biggest murderer around, far worse than our 246 year history of gun murder......so telling us to follow the example of Europe and Japan is just stupid....you simply like government doing all the murder

The Europeans murdered 15 million people in 6 years.

The Japanese murdered 3 million people in 6 years.

Um, yeah, those are called wars.

Funny, you never want to talk about the 3 million Vietnamese or 1 million Iraqis we managed to kill.

In the U.S. we have had 2,460,000 gun murders in the entire 246 year history of our country.

Government is the biggest murderer around, far worse than our 246 year history of gun murder......so telling us to follow the example of Europe and Japan is just stupid....you simply like government doing all the murder

Yeah, only if you don't count the genocide of Native Americans, I guess.

When Hitler came up with the idea for Concentration Camps, he took inspiration from Native American Reservations.

If the government decides it wants to start murdering people, there isn't going to be a whole lot anyone can do about that.. and it's no excuse for sharing my streets with gun toting maniacs like you.

Yeah, only if you don't count the genocide of Native Americans, I guess.

When Hitler came up with the idea for Concentration Camps, he took inspiration from Native American Reservations.

If the government decides it wants to start murdering people, there isn't going to be a whole lot anyone can do about that.. and it's no excuse for sharing my streets with gun toting maniacs like you.

There was no genocide, and as the poster caveman pointed out, most of the disease deaths of indians happened in the 1600s...you idiot

There was no genocide, and as the poster caveman pointed out, most of the disease deaths of indians happened in the 1600s...you idiot

Wow... some random poster?

Yes, what we did to Native Americans was a genocide. Their cultures were completely destroyed.

Has it ever occurred to you that many sane, decent people would really rather not share the streets with sociopathic criminal filth such as yourself?

Based on your body of work here on this forum, I think it would be a very reasonable think to assume, that you are a far great threat to most people's safety and well-being, than the average gun owner. I do not know what crimes you may have actually committed, but you never cease to take the side of criminals against the side of human beings. Why would you do that, unless you have strong criminal inclinations yourself?

Wow... some random poster?

Yes, what we did to Native Americans was a genocide. Their cultures were completely destroyed.

Nope....he cited facts...you twit.

Just one example....

Between 1492 and 1600, 90% of the indigenous populations in the Americas had died.

Has it ever occurred to you that many sane, decent people would really rather not share the streets with sociopathic criminal filth such as yourself?

Based on your body of work here on this forum, I think it would be a very reasonable think to assume, that you are a far great threat to most people's safety and well-being, than the average gun owner. I do not know what crimes you may have actually committed, but you never cease to take the side of criminals against the side of human beings. Why would you do that, unless you have strong criminal inclinations yourself?

I'm not the one who wants to murder women for having abortions, buddy. That would be you.

Nope....he cited facts...you twit.

Just one example....

Between 1492 and 1600, 90% of the indigenous populations in the Americas had died.

Wow, you just cited an article that called what we did to Native Americans "Genocide".

Japan - 1 in 2017. 1?
United Kingdom - 32
Germany - 82
Italy - 110
France - 92
Canada -249

View attachment 719759

Why not address the leftist policies that enable criminals?

Do any of the countries noted in your post dump career criminals on the streets and enable their crimes with policies that don’t impose consequences?

Leftists have a solution to career criminals: Enable them.

The gun store paid 2 million dollars because the snipers bought a gun there despite being prohibited.

They work just fine when enforced... the problem is they aren't being enforced. There are no consequences for breaking a law, there's no point in having a law. So when you rush back to Congress and get a law passed immunizing you from civil liability, what is your incentive to obey the law?
And yet another easily predicted dodge. You just can't bring yourself to admit you were just making it up because it sounds good, can you? You stated that they passed a background check they should have failed and can't prove it. Just admit it.

Your complaint that store owners weren't doing their job isn't addressed by passing more laws which will in turn be ignored by those determined to, wait for it, break the law.

Why not address the leftist policies that enable criminals?

Do any of the countries noted in your post dump career criminals on the streets and enable their crimes with policies that don’t impose consequences?

Well, let's look at that one.
Except for Japan, most of the other G-7 countries have ended capital punishment.

While we lock up 2 million people thanks to Reagan's War on Drugs, and the Prison-Industrial Complex, the European countries lock up the following numbers of people.

Japan - 47,064
United Kingdom - 83,000
Germany - 58,000
Italy - 53,000
France - 62,000
Canada -38,000

So, um, no, despite people who get a woody at the thought of locking up poor people of color, prisons don't make us safer. They make things worse.

And yet another easily predicted dodge. You just can't bring yourself to admit you were just making it up because it sounds good, can you? You stated that they passed a background check they should have failed and can't prove it. Just admit it.

They should not have passed a background check.
They went into a gun store and bought guns anyway.
A court found that the gun store AND the gun maker were liable for failure to keep guns out of their hands.
The Gun industry ran off to Congress to get special protections from liability laws rather than, you know, cleaning up their act.

Because getting guns to criminals is part of their fear-based business model.

Well, let's look at that one.
Except for Japan, most of the other G-7 countries have ended capital punishment.

While we lock up 2 million people thanks to Reagan's War on Drugs, and the Prison-Industrial Complex, the European countries lock up the following numbers of people.

Japan - 47,064
United Kingdom - 83,000
Germany - 58,000
Italy - 53,000
France - 62,000
Canada -38,000

So, um, no, despite people who get a woody at the thought of locking up poor people of color, prisons don't make us safer. They make things worse.

They should not have passed a background check.
They went into a gun store and bought guns anyway.
A court found that the gun store AND the gun maker were liable for failure to keep guns out of their hands.
The Gun industry ran off to Congress to get special protections from liability laws rather than, you know, cleaning up their act.

Because getting guns to criminals is part of their fear-based business model.
So which of the countries in your listing refuse to bring charges for felony crimes and instead turn career criminals loose on the streets?

According to the Tribune, Foxx’s office has dismissed “thousands” of felony cases, including gun cases, sex assault cases, attacks on police officers, and even homicides. In all, “25,183 people had their felony cases dismissed” per the Trib.

“[T]he Tribune found that Foxx’s higher rates of dropped cases included people accused of murder, shooting another person, sex crimes, and attacks on police officers — as well as serious drug offenses that for decades have driven much of Chicago’s street violence,” the outlet said.

Forum List

Back