So very sorry Republicans Putin gambled and lost

Ukraine War: Vladimir Putin has gambled everything and lost

Ukraine War: Vladimir Putin has gambled everything and lost​

Until Vladimir Putin lunched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in the early hours of February 24, he was winning his standoff with the West. He had compelled the United States and Europe to take his demands seriously; he experienced the pleasure of being treated as the leader of a great power; and he had succeeded in intimidating the Ukrainians as well as Russia’s other neighboring states and the wider world.

All he had to do to solidify his victory was to recognize the independence of the so-called separatist republics in the Donbas, acknowledge that Ukraine’s chances of joining NATO were nil, and continue his creeping subversion of Ukraine in the expectation that, sooner or later, it would drift back into Russia’s orbit.

And then he blew it all by invading Ukraine.

Overnight, Russia became a pariah state. The West has already imposed an expanding range of sanctions with more expected. International opinion has almost unanimously condemned Putin’s war of aggression, and thousands of his own citizens have expressed their opposition to the war in demonstrations and petitions.

Most importantly, Ukrainians have fought back, fiercely. This was something Putin probably did not expect. In his initial announcement of a “special military operation,” Putin called on Ukrainian soldiers to lay down their arms, not out of concern for their lives, but because he truly believed they would be happy to do so. But they weren’t and they didn’t. Instead, they have inflicted punishing losses on his invasion force and have inspired the watching world with their courage.

Now the supposed chess grandmaster Putin has effectively maneuvered himself into an unwinnable position. Ukrainians throughout the entire country, regardless of the language they prefer to speak, their religion or ethnic background, have rallied around the flag. Tens of thousands have volunteered for territorial defense units. Many more have donated blood. Untold others have handed over their savings to help finance the defense of the country. An historic wave of patriotic fervor has gripped Ukraine.

The Ukrainian nation has been joined by diaspora Ukrainians, who are now busy staging rallies and fundraising for their homeland. All these Ukrainians now consider themselves part of a modern Ukrainian nation that is as diverse as it is united in its opposition to Putin and everything he stands for: namely dictatorship and vassalage. Ukrainians have demonstrated that they love their country, despite all its extant faults, and that they are willing to sacrifice greatly for it.

Ukraine’s dramatic show of wartime unity and national strength is exceptionally inconvenient for Putin. In his increasingly unhinged attempts to justify his war, the Russian ruler has claimed to be fighting against a ragtag band of “fascists,” “Nazis,” and “drug addicts” who represent no one but their own interests and their “paymasters” in the West. As it turns out, Putin has declared war on a patriotic nation of more than 40 million people in a country the size of France.

His options are now all bad. He could still physically destroy Ukraine and commit a massive genocide against its inhabitants, but even the craziest of Russian imperialists would probably balk at the idea of what would be the most colossal atrocity in human history.

Putin may yet try to establish a puppet Ukrainian regime in Kyiv that would be happy to do his bidding, as intelligence reports have long predicted. However, that would mean occupying a huge country indefinitely. This would probably require around a million soldiers, all of whom would become targets of a Ukrainian resistance movement that would be sure to emerge.

Alternatively, Putin could try to work out some kind of deal with the current Ukrainian administration, but that would mean effectively admitting to his inner circle if not to the Russian people that his bloody enterprise had actually achieved nothing that negotiations could not have produced at far smaller cost.
He hasn't lost yet, Eddie. Ukraine yesterday seemed to agree to being a demiliterized state, if Russia could offer believable guarantees of non-aggression, but they would not cede Eastern Ukriane or even Crimea. How they expect to get Crimea back is beyond me, but Russia is owed money and Ukraine still needs carbon.

But what guarantee could Putin offer? None, he's invaded them three times in six years. He's even violated his own agreed to Minsk accords and a cease fire. The only guarantee would be three armor brigades and assorted infantry as well as air support.

Again, you support Trump who openly supports putin and communism. You will not denounce his attempt to overthrow democracy so you are a communist just like him.
I don't care how much you deny it, it will now change because I know you don't have the guts to support Biden. You are spineless pos.
Boy, you're retarded.

In case you've missed it (probably because of all the leftist horseshit you're regurgitating), I oppose the invasion.
It doesn't matter how many times I say I oppose Putin's invasion; retarded leftists like you will still insist I support it, in accordance with their programming.
Boy, I sure called that, didn't I?
I've opposed Putin's aggression here before. I guess you missed it, so:

I oppose Putin's aggression. I don't care what Trump says about Putin. Is that clear enough for you, or are you going to keep telling lies? Smart money's on the latter.
Nope. I oppose Putin's invasion.
I have said numerous times I oppose Putin's invasion. I support the Ukranian people's fight against tyranny.
I don't support Biden because he's an utter failure. Your butthurt is not sufficient reason for me to change my mind.

So, boy, your utter inability to think for yourself is not the debate-winner you believe it was. When you get old enough to vote, don't. You can't be trusted with that power. But just remember -- my vote cancels out yours.

I agree, the decline of America will continue on and on, and when the revolution eventually comes, I'll probably be dead by then.
Probably. Because you damn sure ain't gonna fight in your Revolution. You want someone else to do the heavy lifting, and then you believe you'll be given a seat on the Politburo.

I've never met a Communist who at heart didn't want power over people. You're no different.
Poor baby, reading comprehension is clearly beyond your capabilities.
Not at all. You're envious of what other people have, and it's NOT FAIR!!! that they won't give you any. So you want people with guns to take it away from them.
The problem is, you think your irrational hate is in your best interest.
You're projecting your intellectual failure on everyone else. Unlike you, there are very, very few people in the world I hate.

Unlike you, I don't operate solely on emotion.
Hint, you might think you are the guy on the right, but you are really the guy on the left.
View attachment 613435
It's funny when people point to their own bigotries and prejudices as proof that their hatred is justified.

Boy, you're retarded.

Boy, I sure called that, didn't I?

I don't support Biden because he's an utter failure. Your butthurt is not sufficient reason for me to change my mind.

So, boy, your utter inability to think for yourself is not the debate-winner you believe it was. When you get old enough to vote, don't. You can't be trusted with that power. But just remember -- my vote cancels out yours.
Youre a patriots arsehole. You cannot bring yourself to openly admit you are supporting trump and consequently support communism.
You haven't the guts to admit it. Youre nothing but a pimple on the arse of freedom.

You never saw the proof that the donor was connected to Russia or former Soviet republics?

Are you a damn moron?
You are, a gullible moron at that.

Poor RETODD, can't even keep his talking points straight.

Of course, he gets them from other retards.

A new report from Senate Republicans alleges that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million payment from the wealthy wife of Moscow's former mayor.

"Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow," the Republican report, which was the result of an investigation led by GOP Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, explained as one of its "key findings."

From the wife of a former mayor?

Biden never received $3.5 million.

A company received the $$$.

"On Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (Rosemont Seneca Thornton) bank account for a “Consultancy Agreement DD12.02.2014.”

In 2019, The Financial Times described Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC as an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden.

Another senate report found it was false.

"Any credible investigation would have sought the underlying financial records at issue and spoken to the involved parties," they continued. "At Chairman Johnson’s request, HSGAC authorized 46 subpoenas across four business meetings related to his current investigations, none of which sought information that could substantiate or verify the information in these documents."

46 subpoena's and still couldn't prove a damned thing.

Ukraine War: Vladimir Putin has gambled everything and lost

Ukraine War: Vladimir Putin has gambled everything and lost​

Until Vladimir Putin lunched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine in the early hours of February 24, he was winning his standoff with the West. He had compelled the United States and Europe to take his demands seriously; he experienced the pleasure of being treated as the leader of a great power; and he had succeeded in intimidating the Ukrainians as well as Russia’s other neighboring states and the wider world.

All he had to do to solidify his victory was to recognize the independence of the so-called separatist republics in the Donbas, acknowledge that Ukraine’s chances of joining NATO were nil, and continue his creeping subversion of Ukraine in the expectation that, sooner or later, it would drift back into Russia’s orbit.

And then he blew it all by invading Ukraine.

Overnight, Russia became a pariah state. The West has already imposed an expanding range of sanctions with more expected. International opinion has almost unanimously condemned Putin’s war of aggression, and thousands of his own citizens have expressed their opposition to the war in demonstrations and petitions.

Most importantly, Ukrainians have fought back, fiercely. This was something Putin probably did not expect. In his initial announcement of a “special military operation,” Putin called on Ukrainian soldiers to lay down their arms, not out of concern for their lives, but because he truly believed they would be happy to do so. But they weren’t and they didn’t. Instead, they have inflicted punishing losses on his invasion force and have inspired the watching world with their courage.

Now the supposed chess grandmaster Putin has effectively maneuvered himself into an unwinnable position. Ukrainians throughout the entire country, regardless of the language they prefer to speak, their religion or ethnic background, have rallied around the flag. Tens of thousands have volunteered for territorial defense units. Many more have donated blood. Untold others have handed over their savings to help finance the defense of the country. An historic wave of patriotic fervor has gripped Ukraine.

The Ukrainian nation has been joined by diaspora Ukrainians, who are now busy staging rallies and fundraising for their homeland. All these Ukrainians now consider themselves part of a modern Ukrainian nation that is as diverse as it is united in its opposition to Putin and everything he stands for: namely dictatorship and vassalage. Ukrainians have demonstrated that they love their country, despite all its extant faults, and that they are willing to sacrifice greatly for it.

Ukraine’s dramatic show of wartime unity and national strength is exceptionally inconvenient for Putin. In his increasingly unhinged attempts to justify his war, the Russian ruler has claimed to be fighting against a ragtag band of “fascists,” “Nazis,” and “drug addicts” who represent no one but their own interests and their “paymasters” in the West. As it turns out, Putin has declared war on a patriotic nation of more than 40 million people in a country the size of France.

His options are now all bad. He could still physically destroy Ukraine and commit a massive genocide against its inhabitants, but even the craziest of Russian imperialists would probably balk at the idea of what would be the most colossal atrocity in human history.

Putin may yet try to establish a puppet Ukrainian regime in Kyiv that would be happy to do his bidding, as intelligence reports have long predicted. However, that would mean occupying a huge country indefinitely. This would probably require around a million soldiers, all of whom would become targets of a Ukrainian resistance movement that would be sure to emerge.

Alternatively, Putin could try to work out some kind of deal with the current Ukrainian administration, but that would mean effectively admitting to his inner circle if not to the Russian people that his bloody enterprise had actually achieved nothing that negotiations could not have produced at far smaller cost.

The democrats wrecked American domestic energy production because they don't want people to have cheap, plentiful energy.....but, at the same time, biden and his family need to make a living...so they wanted to keep buying oil from Russia, so hunter and "The Big Guy," could still make a living.........

This is the truth......

It is very clear on which side you really stand.

The side that isn't crazy cultists?

Here's the thing Bob. Government doesn't "control my life" and they haven't really done me any wrong. QUite the contrary, I got quite a lot out of my military service, (Paid for college, gave me a professional start in my career).

On the other hand, most of the setbacks I've encountered have usually been due to a rich person getting greedy, whether it be a company that decides the best way to deal with their poor planning is to fire the wage slaves, or a bank that manipulated the housing and stock markets to benefit the investor class over the working class.

The Rich ARE the enemy. If you are too deluded by your wealthy cult leaders to see that, that's on you.

The middle class pays taxes to get SERVICES, not entitlements.

I find it comical you can use the term "less than" before 500 BILLION dollars a year.

I actually totalled up the amount of spending on TANF, SNAP, WIC, Section 8 and yes, it's less than 500 Billion. Where you get tricky is how do you rate Medicaid, which goes to poor people for health insurance, but mostly goes to middle class people to get Nana into a nursing home after she's used up all her other assets.

They are "entitlements" in that more often than not, you are getting more out than you pay in, if you live long enough or are sick enough.

But you are a fan of the bureaucratic class, so I know you won't complain that a lot of that money goes to the middle class government functionaries you are bitching about in your 2nd statement.

Funny thing. Once upon a time, government and private sector jobs were equally good to have. Then the rich decided to screw the private sector while the government workers formed unions and kept their nice middle class lifestyles. And being a dumb white person, you are upset that the government employee still has a good paying job.

The side that isn't crazy cultists?

Here's the thing Bob. Government doesn't "control my life" and they haven't really done me any wrong. QUite the contrary, I got quite a lot out of my military service, (Paid for college, gave me a professional start in my career).

On the other hand, most of the setbacks I've encountered have usually been due to a rich person getting greedy, whether it be a company that decides the best way to deal with their poor planning is to fire the wage slaves, or a bank that manipulated the housing and stock markets to benefit the investor class over the working class.

The Rich ARE the enemy. If you are too deluded by your wealthy cult leaders to see that, that's on you.

I actually totalled up the amount of spending on TANF, SNAP, WIC, Section 8 and yes, it's less than 500 Billion. Where you get tricky is how do you rate Medicaid, which goes to poor people for health insurance, but mostly goes to middle class people to get Nana into a nursing home after she's used up all her other assets.

They are "entitlements" in that more often than not, you are getting more out than you pay in, if you live long enough or are sick enough.

Funny thing. Once upon a time, government and private sector jobs were equally good to have. Then the rich decided to screw the private sector while the government workers formed unions and kept their nice middle class lifestyles. And being a dumb white person, you are upset that the government employee still has a good paying job.

Civil SERVANTS are supposed to be just that. You were supposed to trade high pay for security. Now government jobs are basically the new nobility, and unearned nobility at that.

Government worker unions are a pox on this nation, especially at the State level. You should have civil service protections, OR collective bargaining rights, not both.

You can do just fine in the private sector, you just have to have a marketable valuable skillset. Being able to flip burgers or write a 500 page essay on Lesbian basketweaving in ancient sumeria don't meet that requirement.

Probably. Because you damn sure ain't gonna fight in your Revolution. You want someone else to do the heavy lifting, and then you believe you'll be given a seat on the Politburo.

I've never met a Communist who at heart didn't want power over people. You're no different.

The 1950's called, they want their paranoia back.

Not at all. You're envious of what other people have, and it's NOT FAIR!!! that they won't give you any. So you want people with guns to take it away from them.

As opposed to the rich using people with guns to keep what they have? Whose interests do you think the police and military protect?

I'm actually fine with what I have. I own three properties (A rental, a summer place and my primary residence), make good money, and am relatively comfortable. I don't need a mansion or a sport car and don't want them.

But I realize that when you have a situation where 1% of the population has 43% of the wealth and 40% of the population has less than 1% of the wealth, that society is not sustainable. Or as Jim Morrison once said, "They've got the guns, but we've got the numbers!"

Sure, I could live out the rest of my life in my nice comfy suburb until I retire, and hope my savings and investments last longer than I do. But because I actually, you know, care about this country, I realize we can't keep doing what we are doing.

You're projecting your intellectual failure on everyone else. Unlike you, there are very, very few people in the world I hate.

Unlike you, I don't operate solely on emotion.

Sure Dave... you are totally stable... :rolleyes:

It's funny when people point to their own bigotries and prejudices as proof that their hatred is justified.
Nope, pointing out the obvious. If Republicans didn't have racism, homophobia, misogyny to get dumb white people to vote against their own economic interests, they'd never win an election.

Civil SERVANTS are supposed to be just that. You were supposed to trade high pay for security. Now government jobs are basically the new nobility, and unearned nobility at that.

Yes, how dare they keep their middle class lifestyle after I bartered away mine by trusting rich people!!!

I don't worry about the bureaucrat making six figures, I worry about the one percenter making eight figures who still doesn't think he has enough.

Government worker unions are a pox on this nation, especially at the State level. You should have civil service protections, OR collective bargaining rights, not both.

Actually, everyone should have both.

You can do just fine in the private sector, you just have to have a marketable valuable skillset. Being able to flip burgers or write a 500 page essay on Lesbian basketweaving in ancient sumeria don't meet that requirement.

You know, I keep hearing about these "lesbian basket weaving courses" you talk about. But funny thing, I've written thousands of resumes for people in the job market, public and private sector, and I have not come across ONE person who had a degree in "lesbian basket weaving". I think I've had one guy who minored in "African-American Studies" and we both agreed that shouldn't be on his resume, his major in Business Administration" was enough.

In fact, most people who get degrees get degrees in things that support their career goals.

Yes, how dare they keep their middle class lifestyle after I bartered away mine by trusting rich people!!!

I don't worry about the bureaucrat making six figures, I worry about the one percenter making eight figures who still doesn't think he has enough.

Actually, everyone should have both.

You know, I keep hearing about these "lesbian basket weaving courses" you talk about. But funny thing, I've written thousands of resumes for people in the job market, public and private sector, and I have not come across ONE person who had a degree in "lesbian basket weaving". I think I've had one guy who minored in "African-American Studies" and we both agreed that shouldn't be on his resume, his major in Business Administration" was enough.

In fact, most people who get degrees get degrees in things that support their career goals.

Everything is about your poor life choices, and being held responsible for them. It's everyone else's fault but your own.

Not when the taxpayers are footing the bill, and not when the negotiations between the governments in question and the Unions aren't adversarial negotiations like in private industry, but a one sided kick the can down the street game of giving the unions whatever they want for their member's votes.

As usual, you don't get a joke line.

The NeoCon Atlantic Council? Seriously?

Putin doesn't care about being an "international pariah." When he blocks ICBMs from being put in Ukraine 500 miles from Moscow, he wins, and he goes home. And he doesn't care what anyone thinks.
Umm. ICBMs aren’t useful for targets only 500 miles away.

No, shit you fucking moron.

It's the methane from drilling that burns.
On a regular oil rig, they flare off the methane.
Fracking causes the methane to infiltrate water wells because the methane is under pressure, due to fracking.

You can slink off now.
Hahahah! I just showed you to be a liar moron. That was going on long before fracking became a thing. Learn to read simpleton. Remain ignorant.

Forum List

Back