So What Happens If One Chooses Not To Wear One?

You promote hate, I do not. I'm promoting tolerance for LGBT, and for the teachers who WANT to be supportive of LGBT students. In my community, the teachers are very supportive.
May I ask what exactly you mean by teachers being 'supportive'?
Meaning, they accept the child.
So, one has to wear a badge to demonstrate that, rather than - say - their behaviour? So, like I said, they will need to wear a badge for every other discernible group.
Not really. They are concentrating on a specific group that needs attention at this time. You know how sometime the teacher spent more time helping you understand things while the rest of the class moved on?

Hey, if you want your teachers to wear a badge saying WE HATE TRANS, at least the trans kids will know which teachers to NOT go to.
You are assuming people who don't think this should be happening in schools hate trans. Thanks. But, Like I said, I don't think teachers should be wearing badges to single out particular groups of children to support.
Only if they WANT to show their support. If they're uncomfortable they can opt out.

YOU don't have any idea of what trans kids go through. This small show of support may save a child's life.
Then kids who are at risk of being bullied or microaggressed because they are Asian or Hispanic or black or different for some reason also deserve having teachers publicly show their support by wearing badges. It would soon become ludicrous.
No, it would become ludicrous. Ludicrous is your lack of concern for kids wih a 40% chance of dying from suicide.
Well, I understand you're not going to like this, but it's my opinion that that figure could be significantly reduced if kids got proper treatment for the issue instead of being encouraged and given hormones, often before they are even old enough to be sure of how they feel. There are also plenty of stories from people who regret that they accepted such treatment.
These views don't make me a hater, regardless of what you say, Dhara.
It sure does make you a hater. You call me a "militant activist", blow me off for caring about kids, and continue to posts ignorant shit like this post you just wrote.

God, I sure hope you NEVER have a family member who is trans. YOU WILL FUCKING PUSH THEM INTO SUICIDE.

Then kids who are at risk of being bullied or microaggressed because they are Asian or Hispanic or black or different for some reason also deserve having teachers publicly show their support by wearing badges. It would soon become ludicrous.

Becoming ludicrous? I think we're there. What it will become is a scene out of Office Space.

How many badges must you wear to show what an inclusive teacher you are? Sheesh.

---------------------------

It isn't being intolerant to ask that teachers support ALL students and that they don't wear badges singling out particular groups.
Hey, if you want your teachers to wear a badge saying WE HATE TRANS, at least the trans kids will know which teachers to NOT go to.
You are assuming people who don't think this should be happening in schools hate trans. Thanks. But, Like I said, I don't think teachers should be wearing badges to single out particular groups of children to support.
Only if they WANT to show their support. If they're uncomfortable they can opt out.

YOU don't have any idea of what trans kids go through. This small show of support may save a child's life.
No, it would become ludicrous. Ludicrous is your lack of concern for kids wih a 40% chance of dying from suicide.
Their depression is the result of their internal dichotomy and turmoil, it's not about people wearing rainbow badges or saying 'I support you'. Even those who get all the support in the world often remain depressed because they are conflicted and chasing an impossible dream. That's why depression and the suicide rate remains high even after realignment.

Well, I understand you're not going to like this, but it's my opinion that that figure could be significantly reduced if kids got proper treatment for the issue instead of being encouraged and given hormones, often before they are even old enough to be sure of how they feel. There are also plenty of stories from people who regret that they accepted such treatment.
These views don't make me a hater, regardless of what you say, Dhara.
It sure does make you a hater. You call me a "militant activist", blow me off for caring about kids, and continue to posts ignorant shit like this post you just wrote.

God, I sure hope you NEVER have a family member who is trans. YOU WILL FUCKING PUSH THEM INTO SUICIDE.

You're losing it.

I am a fierce Mama for my kids. I will do whatever it takes to help them grow up whole. NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE.

Becoming ludicrous? I think we're there. What it will become is a scene out of Office Space.

How many badges must you wear to show what an inclusive teacher you are? Sheesh.

---------------------------

How many pieces of flair do you wear? :laugh:

It isn't being intolerant to ask that teachers support ALL students and that they don't wear badges singling out particular groups.

How many do you think would believe it to be a good idea to opt out? It's like a witch hunt.
Witch hunt is where YOU are coming from.
I'm asking that singling out doesn't happen. That's the opposite of a witch hunt.

Their depression is the result of their internal dichotomy and turmoil, it's not about people wearing rainbow badges or saying 'I support you'. Even those who get all the support in the world often remain depressed because they are conflicted and chasing an impossible dream. That's why depression and the suicide rate remains high even after realignment.
BULLSHIT

It may save a child's life to wear such a badge. Bravo to the teachers who are sooo caring.
Soooo caring of a singled out group, the kids being unwittingly used by the
LGBT militant activists. No, that has no place in schools, IMHO.
I am the militant you HATE.
I have not said I hate them, I've said keep them out of schools. I remember you saying not long ago that you are not a militant.

How many do you think would believe it to be a good idea to opt out? It's like a witch hunt.
Witch hunt is where YOU are coming from.
I'm asking that singling out doesn't happen. That's the opposite of a witch hunt.
Let the teachers who choose to wear badges if they wish. YOU don't want anyone to have choices. Fucking trans haters, really annoy me.

I understand this is an odd circumstance and you don't understand it, but I do. I HAVE NO CHOICE. This is family, and I am a FIERCE MAMA.

I am a fierce Mama for my kids. I will do whatever it takes to help them grow up whole. NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE.
You can pretty much ignore these guys. They hate kids if they are not heterosexuals.
Agreed. It makes me sooo angry.
They want you to get angry. The best thing you can do is laugh at their ignorance, whining, and inability to do jack shit about it. :laugh:

Surely teachers and staff at the school are "allies" to all students. Why single out the rainbow brigade? Looking for trouble, perhaps?

It's The Agenda, the pushing of the LGTB Agenda....teachers who choose not to wear the rainbow badge probably are going to be publicly denounced as "bigots", you know the drill, same modus operandi with this crowd.
Until now, teachers would have been strongly discouraged from bringing their personal opinions into the classroom that way. Hopefully, the majority still know how to remain professional and present the information to let the students decide.

Sorry, but that is hardly the case.

"Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."
Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
That teacher should have an official warning in her personnel file. One out of line teacher does not an argument make, Political Chic.

It may save a child's life to wear such a badge. Bravo to the teachers who are sooo caring.
Soooo caring of a singled out group, the kids being unwittingly used by the
LGBT militant activists. No, that has no place in schools, IMHO.
I am the militant you HATE.
I have not said I hate them, I've said keep them out of schools. I remember you saying not long ago that you are not a militant.
Keep them out of schools? Newsflash. Trans kids are in schools. They have every right to get an education and have teachers who care about them enough to make this kind of gesture.

Now, mohawks aren't my style of hairdo, but when my ten year old got bullied for having different hair, I met with the teachers AND afterwards cut my hair in a mohawk for solidarity. If my kid lost her hair due to cancer treatment I'd shave my head too.

That's the kind of mama I am.

You promote hate, I do not. I'm promoting tolerance for LGBT, and for the teachers who WANT to be supportive of LGBT students. In my community, the teachers are very supportive.
May I ask what exactly you mean by teachers being 'supportive'?
Meaning, they accept the child.
So, one has to wear a badge to demonstrate that, rather than - say - their behaviour? So, like I said, they will need to wear a badge for every other discernible group.
So what? Don't Christians wear crosses, and Jews wear six pointed stars around their necks? Their CHOICE. YOU are anti-choice Tilly.
it would be really nice if you'd stop telling me what I do and don't think, particularly when I keep telling you.
I don't think this political activism has a place in schools. It's as simple as that. There is no hate involved. I think teachers are perfectly capable of demonstrating that they are supportive and accepting through their behaviour and attitudes. If not, they should wear support badges for all discernible groups of children.

Forum List

Back