So Where's the Public Outrage and Front Page Stories?

Talk is what you do on a forum, or do you do something different...please let us know, if not a degenerate act, that you can keep to yourself!

Im not the one calling for Sharpton to lose his network. You are doing that. Lets see some action. Report back and let us know what happens.

PERHAPS you should learn to read instead of putting words into someone else's mouth... but a common occurrence with those 2 digit IQ'd fools!

Was Sterlings quote any more offensive than Sharpton's? Perhaps, good old Al should lose his National Action Network, and all tax exempt status! After all they basically took away a basketball franchise from a man that made a remark IN PRIVATE, and Sharpton's remarks were anything but private.

So easy putting you in a box!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

So I was right. You are all talk on a forum and nothing else. If perhaps he should lose his network why don't you make it happen?

It's against the rules for me to share one of YOURS, not mine. So long as there is no personal info it is fair game. And here you go calling me a liar, I present you with a clue on how to find it and you run away from it.

No Posting contents of PMs without permission from the sender. A Rep Comment is Not considered a PM. Responses to a Rep comment are considered PM's.

must be good to be the mod and interpret rules as you please

What interpretation? If he's posting a PM that he sent to you, he is the sender, therefore it is up to him if he wants to post the contents. It doesn't say 'no posting contents of PMs without permission from the receiver'. ;)

Im not the one calling for Sharpton to lose his network. You are doing that. Lets see some action. Report back and let us know what happens.

PERHAPS you should learn to read instead of putting words into someone else's mouth... but a common occurrence with those 2 digit IQ'd fools!

Was Sterlings quote any more offensive than Sharpton's? Perhaps, good old Al should lose his National Action Network, and all tax exempt status! After all they basically took away a basketball franchise from a man that made a remark IN PRIVATE, and Sharpton's remarks were anything but private.

So I was right. You are all talk on a forum and nothing else. If perhaps he should lose his network why don't you make it happen?

You're getting as bad as OCD Pogo, when you have nothing else, and have been proved to be an idiot for not being able to read, you'll continue with the "WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING" bullshit! How's this, "why don't you make me!" Two can play that game...:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: :eusa_clap:

Why do so many conservatives on this board assume that being a democrat means not having money? It's very odd because we all know the poorest states in the country are the reddest states. Very odd indeed

Because they are uninformed....all they do is watch Faux News and they still think Republican/conservatives are the wealthy in the country....:lol::lol:

Here's an article, written by a conservative....so let's see how many will claim it's not true.

From the, “you never hear about that from the media” file – Those “Evil, Rich People” that Democrats are always wailing about are actually – Democrats.

While I don’t agree in referring to rich people as “Evil”, Democrats are often making such accusations. But what most people don’t realize is that the Top 3 “richest” people in the country are all Democrats. This list includes: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett & Larry Ellison are all Democrats. Together, they are worth $126 Billion Dollars.

An analysis of the Top 20 Richest People in America (from Forbes Top 100) reveals that a full 60% are actually Democrats. Furthermore, if you look at it from a “family” point of view and not as individuals, that ratio widens even further to: 25% Republican / 75% Democrat.

(The purpose of this analysis is not who makes the most money, but where they contribute / by party affiliation. Obviously, people from the same family would tend to contribute to the same party.)

Analyzing the data takes us even further. Not only are there more Democrats in the Top 20 list, but those Democrats are a lot more stingy with their money when it comes to campaign contributions. Republicans coughed up $5.2 million while Democrats squirted out only $2.1 Million. These statistics would indicate that the more you have, the less you give to your political party.

Those ?Evil, Rich People? ? are Democrats | New American Gazette

And I would suggest that the reason democrats do not contribute to political campaigns to the degree conservatives do is because they do not want those in office to 'buy' the position but to win it in a fairly voted election. It is sickening to see American elections being bought.

I would suggest that without actually knowing the people involved, any speculation as to their motives for what they do with their money is little more than WAGs.

Recently Al Sharpton made another racist comment and when questioned about it shrugged it off as just being about "it was only one Jew". In this obviously edited video to accuse/expose Sharpton, there is a montage of well publicized comments he has made in recent years. Any one of these would have provoked outrage and demands that heads role if it had been somebody else who said them.

Why does Sharpton get/deserve/merit a pass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MlUtZ5F_Mk

Because he is exempt? :cuckoo:

must be good to be the mod and interpret rules as you please

What interpretation? If he's posting a PM that he sent to you, he is the sender, therefore it is up to him if he wants to post the contents. It doesn't say 'no posting contents of PMs without permission from the receiver'. ;)

It was a response...sorta like a response to a rep comment. That is my interpretation. Either way, it is just an abuse of power from a liar who says he condemns white racism and he doesn;t

You're getting as bad as OCD Pogo, when you have nothing else, and have been proved to be an idiot for not being able to read, you'll continue with the "WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING" bullshit! How's this, "why don't you make me!" Two can play that game...:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: :eusa_clap:

I dont want to make you. I want Sharpton to keep his network. Why did you think I wanted to harm him?...:cool:

Perhaps the question should not have been why Sharpton gets a pass, but why he's never lost employment or a business because of his racial remarks.

I don't actually know if he has or has not, but that seems to be what this boils down to. That is the tangible evidence of backlash against some of the examples in this thread. Has Sharpton ever lost a job, had to sell a business, or anything like that because of his racial comments?

If he has, those who complain about him getting a pass might want to rethink their positions. If he has not, there might be some validity to questioning why he gets a pass.

In either case, though, I think the answer is probably at least in part that these things happen on a case by case basis, there is no one-size-fits-all response to publicly aired bigoted remarks.

Because they are uninformed....all they do is watch Faux News and they still think Republican/conservatives are the wealthy in the country....:lol::lol:

Here's an article, written by a conservative....so let's see how many will claim it's not true.

From the, “you never hear about that from the media” file – Those “Evil, Rich People” that Democrats are always wailing about are actually – Democrats.

While I don’t agree in referring to rich people as “Evil”, Democrats are often making such accusations. But what most people don’t realize is that the Top 3 “richest” people in the country are all Democrats. This list includes: Bill Gates, Warren Buffett & Larry Ellison are all Democrats. Together, they are worth $126 Billion Dollars.

An analysis of the Top 20 Richest People in America (from Forbes Top 100) reveals that a full 60% are actually Democrats. Furthermore, if you look at it from a “family” point of view and not as individuals, that ratio widens even further to: 25% Republican / 75% Democrat.

(The purpose of this analysis is not who makes the most money, but where they contribute / by party affiliation. Obviously, people from the same family would tend to contribute to the same party.)

Analyzing the data takes us even further. Not only are there more Democrats in the Top 20 list, but those Democrats are a lot more stingy with their money when it comes to campaign contributions. Republicans coughed up $5.2 million while Democrats squirted out only $2.1 Million. These statistics would indicate that the more you have, the less you give to your political party.

Those ?Evil, Rich People? ? are Democrats | New American Gazette

And I would suggest that the reason democrats do not contribute to political campaigns to the degree conservatives do is because they do not want those in office to 'buy' the position but to win it in a fairly voted election. It is sickening to see American elections being bought.

I would suggest that without actually knowing the people involved, any speculation as to their motives for what they do with their money is little more than WAGs.

I don't know what WAG means, but I do find it absolutely hilarious that you are chastising me for speculating on what democrats are thinking: at least I am one and have some basis for suggesting why they do what the do. On this board, it is overwhelmingly the case that conservatives tell democrats what we think and why we do and say what we do and say. They don't even consider it speculation: they say these things as if they are fact, etched in stone. Pretty ironic, you accusing me of speculation regarding why a democrat does what he/she does. Truly hilarious and utterly ridiculous.

I dont want to make you. I want Sharpton to keep his network. Why did you think I wanted to harm him?...:cool:

Of course not...subversive of the same feather, stay together! Perhaps you can decipher this for us? After all you probably have like minds also!

al-sharpton-resist-we-much.png

He uses a Chrisian ministry for preaching lies that promote unchristian outcomes. Christian outcomes produce true peace. Sharpton's outcomes ensure that wrong is celebrated and people who believe in the goodness of Godliness are angry.

Sounds like a lot of right wingers I know.

Perhaps the question should not have been why Sharpton gets a pass, but why he's never lost employment or a business because of his racial remarks.

I don't actually know if he has or has not, but that seems to be what this boils down to. That is the tangible evidence of backlash against some of the examples in this thread. Has Sharpton ever lost a job, had to sell a business, or anything like that because of his racial comments?

If he has, those who complain about him getting a pass might want to rethink their positions. If he has not, there might be some validity to questioning why he gets a pass.

In either case, though, I think the answer is probably at least in part that these things happen on a case by case basis, there is no one-size-fits-all response to publicly aired bigoted remarks.

I believe that what bothers people.....well racists is that he is untouchable because he owns his stuff so no one can take anything from him. He is paid to bring controversy to the table so he will not loose his job on TV. The only way anyone will get to him is for them to protest like people do when someone else does it. If people that have a problem with him hurt the stations bottom line he would be gone. The fact he isnt gone tells me they see some truth in some of the things he says and therefore there is not enough people against him to make him loose his job on TV.

I don't know what WAG means, but I do find it absolutely hilarious that you are chastising me for speculating on what democrats are thinking: at least I am one and have some basis for suggesting why they do what the do. On this board, it is overwhelmingly the case that conservatives tell democrats what we think and why we do and say what we do and say. They don't even consider it speculation: they say these things as if they are fact, etched in stone. Pretty ironic, you accusing me of speculation regarding why a democrat does what he/she does. Truly hilarious and utterly ridiculous.

If that qualifies as a WAG I shudder to think what Bustball's fantasy of 'progressives' sitting in some secret perpetual meeting in a bunker underneath Dubuque so they can all act and speak the same way qualifies as....

Acronym generator, do yer stuff!

Of course not...subversive of the same feather, stay together! Perhaps you can decipher this for us? After all you probably have like minds also!

Of course you are all talk. Round up your posse and see what you can do. Otherwise you are weak with no backbone or commitment.

So because someone is a Dem, you feel qualified to speak to their motivations for what they do with their money?

That's the kind of partisan, we are all of one mind crap that I find hilarious on this board. And yes, Republicans who think they can speak for Democrats are being ridiculous, as well.

But it is the seeming assumption of so many on this board that they know just about everything about a person based on their political affiliation that I think is humorous and at the same time very sad. More, it's almost an implied invitation for others to assume they know what YOU are thinking based solely on your political affiliation and their perception of what those of your affiliation think.

Sure, political affiliation can give you a general idea about certain things, but saying rich Dems are being stingy (which seemed to imply something about their character) or that they are concerned with overly influencing elections, without any personal knowledge of the people involved, is asinine. It's an attempt to make Democrats look bad on the one hand, and an attempt to make them look good on the other, when it may have nothing at all to do with their politics.

Last edited:

I believe that what bothers people.....well racists is that he is untouchable because he owns his stuff so no one can take anything from him. He is paid to bring controversy to the table so he will not loose his job on TV. The only way anyone will get to him is for them to protest like people do when someone else does it. If people that have a problem with him hurt the stations bottom line he would be gone. The fact he isnt gone tells me they see some truth in some of the things he says and therefore there is not enough people against him to make him loose his job on TV.

But again for the Nth time -- and the OP of this thread, who says she's worked in media, knows this as well as I do -- whether Sharpton or anyone else is or is not "correct" or "valid" or pick-your-affirming-predicate-adjective is irrelevant to his having air time. He's not paid to be correct, any more than Lush Rimjob is; he's paid to draw eyeballs. And one tried and true way to draw eyeballs is to be controversial and push the envelope. Fox Noise makes an prime time ratings run out of it.

As long as the TV channel or radio station has audience, they don't really care whether that audience agrees or disagrees; the fact that the audience is there is enough to sell the ads.

If that qualifies as a WAG I shudder to think what Bustball's fantasy of 'progressives' sitting in some secret perpetual meeting in a bunker underneath Dubuque so they can all act and speak the same way qualifies as....

Acronym generator, do yer stuff!

I'm not actually sure what you're talking about, but that sounds like conspiracy theory forum stuff. :lol:

Of course you are all talk. Round up your posse and see what you can do. Otherwise you are weak with no backbone or commitment.

And what will you do about it, internet tough guy?... More bullshit since you've been verbally knocked down and bloodied? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back