So, who will emerge unscathe from the GOP upcoming brawl?

On another thread, some right winger has found "new love" for an ABC (aka liberal media) poll that shows Hillary dropping in the popularity polling.....

So, I looked up how that same "liberal media" is polling the GOP clown posse. Here it is (and note that NO ONE is even reaching the low-teens in the polling):
2016 Republican Presidential Nomination
ABC/Wash Post
Bush 10, Rubio 10, Walker 11, Carson 8, Huckabee 9, Paul 11, Cruz 8, Christie 6, Trump 4, Perry 2, Kasich 3, Santorum 4, Fiorina 2, Graham 1

So, which GOPer will rise from the ashes of future debates and negative ads to challenge the democrat nominee???
None of them will emerge unscathed. Someone will emerge battle tested and ready. Unlike the Democrat minstrel show where Hillary will cruise to an easy primary victory, only to crash and burn under the bright lights of the general.

LOL. As accurate as your 2012 predictions.

Mitt would have won had the Democrats not ginned up their fraud machine.

Are you saying he really didn't have a dancing horse, or a car elevator, and that the video saying he didn't care about 47% of the country was a fabrication??
I think he's saying the vote was rigged. If it was possible to rig a winning margin that big we would never have democrats in office.

The GOP will be butt hurting about Obama for a long term:booze::eusa_boohoo:....and if Hillary wins.....HOLLY COW

We could see suicides on the same scale as the Great Depression! :ack-1:
This may turn out to be least inspiring general in decades. I'm sad to say that an uninspired electorate favors the republican.

When Hillary puts Julian Castro on the ticket, it will get Dems inspired. And I honestly expect Hillary to run a very good campaign.
Because she's done such a terrific job so far, right? And based on her sterling performance in 2008 when she lost to an unknown one term senator we should expect wonderful things. And adding an unknown party hack will sure juice her chances.
Go home, you're drunk.

On another thread, some right winger has found "new love" for an ABC (aka liberal media) poll that shows Hillary dropping in the popularity polling.....

So, I looked up how that same "liberal media" is polling the GOP clown posse. Here it is (and note that NO ONE is even reaching the low-teens in the polling):
ABC/Wash Post
Bush 10, Rubio 10, Walker 11, Carson 8, Huckabee 9, Paul 11, Cruz 8, Christie 6, Trump 4, Perry 2, Kasich 3, Santorum 4, Fiorina 2, Graham 1

So, which GOPer will rise from the ashes of future debates and negative ads to challenge the democrat nominee???

Well, when political damage is going to be forecast in an atmosphere such as a primary, there isn't "unscathed". Your "rise from the ashes" is an apt analogy.

Primarily there are two factors involved. The first is that the front-runners are going to take the majority of the attacks at the outset. In a large field with several potential front-runners, there is a narrative that the damage done will be divided equally and any damage will be somewhat mitigated by the multiple targets. There is some validity to that narrative however by the 3rd contest, the front-runners will be established going into Super Tuesday on March 1.

The second factor is whom is left standing after the early primaries and Super Tuesday are over and (more importantly) whom they encourage their backers to support. In a large field with so many accomplished politicians, getting the support of a former governor like Huckabee can mean more than it would mean in other years because the money will be split among the front-runners as well.

Forecasting the breakdown will get easier as the contests are decided of course but it's easy to see some of the breakdown already. Perry is pretty much dead in the water. I can see his support going to Cruz who is fighting a crusade more than running a campaign. Ben Carson supporters will most likely fall to the most conservative candidate in the field not named Ted Cruz. Kusinich, Huckster, Graham, Forina will support the front runner

I'd agree with objectice republicans that Walker may indeed be on a GOP ticket (either first or for VP)....However, if this guy were EVER to sit in the oval office, they would have to add 2 more desks there for each of the Koch brothers.

Looking at the cadre of republican "candidates", I'm trying to decipher WHO among them would NOT accept the VP post (or some high cabinet post) before throwing his/her support to someone else.
(certainly Jeb would not accept anything but the highest nomination.)

I'd agree with objectice republicans that Walker may indeed be on a GOP ticket (either first or for VP)....However, if this guy were EVER to sit in the oval office, they would have to add 2 more desks there for each of the Koch brothers.
blahblahblah
Tom Steyer has had more effect on domestic policy than Steven Cho. That's pretty sad. Obama and the Democrats are totally beholden to rich liberals.

Are you saying he really didn't have a dancing horse, or a car elevator, and that the video saying he didn't care about 47% of the country was a fabrication??
I think he's saying the vote was rigged. If it was possible to rig a winning margin that big we would never have democrats in office.

The GOP will be butt hurting about Obama for a long term:booze::eusa_boohoo:....and if Hillary wins.....HOLLY COW

This may turn out to be least inspiring general in decades. I'm sad to say that an uninspired electorate favors the republican.

When Hillary puts Julian Castro on the ticket, it will get Dems inspired. And I honestly expect Hillary to run a very good campaign.
Because she's done such a terrific job so far, right? And based on her sterling performance in 2008 when she lost to an unknown one term senator we should expect wonderful things. And adding an unknown party hack will sure juice her chances.
Go home, you're drunk.

You would never vote for her in the first place, and your post assures us that the people that always hated her still hate her. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that, and your disapproval won't change much.

Go home, you're drunk.

You would never vote for her in the first place, and your post assures us that the people that always hated her still hate her. I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that, and your disapproval won't change much.
You're right I would never vote for her in the first place. Bt a lot of people who would are now turned off of her. See the other thread by Welfarequeen here.

Go home, you're drunk.

You're right I would never vote for her in the first place. Bt a lot of people who would are now turned off of her. See the other thread by Welfarequeen here.

That loon? Are you trying to say Hillary once had support from there? NO. The Hillary haters still hate Hillary. No surprise there.

Go home, you're drunk.

That loon? Are you trying to say Hillary once had support from there? NO. The Hillary haters still hate Hillary. No surprise there.

Given this kind of animosity by tea baggers toward Hillary, her likely win in 2016 may prompt a whole bunch of constipated right wingers...Prepare yourself; prune juice prices will go through the roof.

Go home, you're drunk.

Given this kind of animosity by tea baggers toward Hillary, her likely win in 2016 may prompt a whole bunch of constipated right wingers...Prepare yourself; prune juice prices will go through the roof.
You are an an idiot. The animosity is not from "teabaggers" It is from Democrats and Independents. Didnt you bother to read the OP?

Yup, she may as well write off 47% of the electorate.....wait.....where have I heard that before?

Go home, you're drunk.

You are an an idiot. The animosity is not from "teabaggers" It is from Democrats and Independents. Didnt you bother to read the OP?

OH! You are not throwing the "independents" into the fire? You guys are always trying to stake a larger tent, huh? GOOD GRIEF!

Go home, you're drunk.

I am concerned about mass suicide. There are only so many funeral homes in this country....

Go home, you're drunk.

True, and they will then snuggle a little deeper I their conspiracy theories, because they will have all the proof they think they need that some secret organization rigged the election........just like when Obama won both times. I almost feel sorry for them.

OH! You are not throwing the "independents" into the fire? You guys are always trying to stake a larger tent, huh? GOOD GRIEF!
Are you trying for "Dumbest Poster on USMB"? You are making a good effort.
The OP reported results among Independents, who are crucial for winning the office. Hillary's standing with them is going down. She will not win with those numbers.

The OP reported results among Independents, who are crucial for winning the office. Hillary's standing with them is going down. She will not win with those numbers.

Except that she is still ahead of all the clowns....WOW! Gotta be embarrassing...

ABC/Wash Post

None of them will emerge unscathed. Someone will emerge battle tested and ready. Unlike the Democrat minstrel show where Hillary will cruise to an easy primary victory, only to crash and burn under the bright lights of the general.

:"battle tested and ready" like Mitt was? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Romney was apart of the "Democratic" fraud machine,(actually the establishments fraud machine), as is Cruz this time around.

Come on, you're among "friends".....Tell us, will you be changing your screen name when and if Hillary wins?

ABC/Wash Post

:"battle tested and ready" like Mitt was? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Romney was apart of the "Democratic" fraud machine,(actually the establishments fraud machine), as is Cruz this time around.

WHAT! Are you off your meds again?

Forum List

Back