So, you wake up and someone is trying to set your carpet on fire with a blow torch,so you shoot them

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Got this story from an article about selecting the right ammo for home defense.......

So anti gunners......do you think this guy woke up that morning and thought...Gee....today is the day someone is going to try to start my house on fire...then I will have a struggle with him and then I will shoot them...?

Former CIA Officer Jason Hanson on How to Pick Self-Defense Ammunition: Guns for Beginners - The Truth About Guns

Written by Jason Hanson. Republished with permission from spyescapeandevasion.com

A Peoria, Arizona man named Dave B. awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of his security alarm going off. Dave immediately jumped out of bed and retrieved his handgun loaded with hollowpoint rounds. As Dave went to investigate the alarm an intruder with a blowtorch was setting the carpet in his home on fire . . .

Dave and the intruder got into a physical struggle at which point Dave fired a single round from his .357. The round struck the suspect who immediately retreated out of the home and was caught by police. The suspect is still in critical condition at a local hospital.

Clearly, Dave did what he had to do to protect himself from this crazy person who wanted to harm him. Also, he had good ammunition that did its job and got the intruder to retreat.

.357 hollow point is an excellent choice. I prefer .45 hollow point in a pistol. But...alarm goes off at 2am? I'm getting the AK-47 platform WASR-10 7.62 up from its nap. God help the intruder if they are a threat.

Libs will say he should have talked the man down, used de-escalation tactics, and used some Steve Segal disarming techniques.

.357 hollow point is an excellent choice. I prefer .45 hollow point in a pistol. But...alarm goes off at 2am? I'm getting the AK-47 platform WASR-10 7.62 up from its nap. God help the intruder if they are a threat.

Libs will say he should have talked the man down, used de-escalation tactics, and used some Steve Segal disarming techniques.

actually, the lib would chastise the guy for forcing the lib to find a "safe space" and for trigger warnings......

If I wake up and find someone is inside my house setting the floor on fire, I will wonder why my dogs haven't alerted me. Well, I've got hollow points in my 38. Sure hope there'll be no stain on the carpet.

If I wake up and find someone is inside my house setting the floor on fire, I will wonder why my dogs haven't alerted me. Well, I've got hollow points in my 38. Sure hope there'll be no stain on the carpet.

The guy probably already ruined the carpet anyway.......if you have to replace for burns.....you don't have to worry about blood....

The guy probably already ruined the carpet anyway.......if you have to replace for burns.....you don't have to worry about blood....
oops! Sorry. Is this a no joke thread?

oops! Sorry. Is this a no joke thread?

My threads are an everything thread.......I enjoy seeing where threads go......and I always enjoy good humor.....

Since the left has no sense of humor....just watch funny or die and how bad that is........it is refreshing to see something funny.

Don't you people have locks on your doors and windows? :wtf:

That is a funny thing.....criminals usually just kick doors in or break windows.....you know..they are criminals....that is why you also have a gun.......

Burglars can't get through locks in your neck of the woods?

My only problem with the OP is why struggle with the perp? I have dogs to so sneaking in won't work but if they were in there would be no struggle.

D-Ault buck from a short-barreled shotgun............nothing like nine .40 cal. slugs all hitting 'em at the same time.

Does anyone think just....talking it out with the guy would work?

That is a funny thing.....criminals usually just kick doors in or break windows.....you know..they are criminals....that is why you also have a gun.......

You must have really stupid criminals in your part of the world. Where I live, they usually wait until no one's home to break in, because they just want your stuff, not a showdown. And there are lots of ways to make them think you're home when you're not. I've lived in two of the most supposedly "dangerous" cities in the U.S., and I don't know anyone who had a break-in while they were home, no matter how many episodes of Law & Order they've seen.

Does anyone think just....talking it out with the guy would work?
I would certainly ask him what the bleep he was doing in my house with a blowtorch. Still, no. I don't think talking it out with the guy would work.

You must have really stupid criminals in your part of the world. Where I live, they usually wait until no one's home to break in, because they just want your stuff, not a showdown. And there are lots of ways to make them think you're home when you're not. I've lived in two of the most supposedly "dangerous" cities in the U.S., and I don't know anyone who had a break-in while they were home, no matter how many episodes of Law & Order they've seen.
If you turn lights off when you go to bed and leave your doors and windows unlocked, you are just asking to be robbed? Is that like ladies wearing short skirts are just asking to be raped?

It happens. No matter how you pretend otherwise. The thing is many criminals are not remotely rational, some are so whacked out on drugs they don't know where they are. A gal friend of a friend had a naked guy bust through her door and beat her with a 2x4 with nails sticking out if it.

All it takes is one time. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Got this story from an article about selecting the right ammo for home defense.......

So anti gunners......do you think this guy woke up that morning and thought...Gee....today is the day someone is going to try to start my house on fire...then I will have a struggle with him and then I will shoot them...?

Former CIA Officer Jason Hanson on How to Pick Self-Defense Ammunition: Guns for Beginners - The Truth About Guns

Written by Jason Hanson. Republished with permission from spyescapeandevasion.com

A Peoria, Arizona man named Dave B. awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of his security alarm going off. Dave immediately jumped out of bed and retrieved his handgun loaded with hollowpoint rounds. As Dave went to investigate the alarm an intruder with a blowtorch was setting the carpet in his home on fire . . .

Dave and the intruder got into a physical struggle at which point Dave fired a single round from his .357. The round struck the suspect who immediately retreated out of the home and was caught by police. The suspect is still in critical condition at a local hospital.

Clearly, Dave did what he had to do to protect himself from this crazy person who wanted to harm him. Also, he had good ammunition that did its job and got the intruder to retreat.
The thread premise is moronic idiocy.

No one want’s to ‘take’ anyone’s guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone guns.

No one want’s to ‘deny’ anyone the means to protect himself.

The thread premise fails yet another ridiculous straw man fallacy, yet another ridiculous lie from the right.

Forum List

Back