So, you want the NRA/pro-gun side to compromise...?

You do realize that less than 2% of gun sales are 'private sales', don't you?

The fact is that with the gun grabbers ramping up their rhetoric, law-abiding gun owners are highly motivated to keep every gun they have, AND stockpile MORE.

That also explains their escalating prices, no?

It doesn't matter if it's 2% or .2%, this loophole allows felons and nutcases to obtain deadly weapons with no questions asked, and that is just crazy.

90% of americans think it should end, and I agree. You would have to be nuts not to support it.

90% huh? Another MSM poll? :cuckoo:

As of last night, Quinnipiac poll shown on the news said "92%" want background checks.

Since the mass murder of 20 children in Sandy Hill, 1644 Americans have been murdered with guns. The equivalent of a Sandy Hill each and every day.

We cannot stop each and every "bad guy" from getting a gun so, the nutters are saying we should do nothing at all? You know, like we've done with cars, booze, drugs, cigarettes, etc.

Most Americans do not want to just give up and let the nutters just go right on making sure the terrorists, mentally ill, illegals, drug dealers and other criminals get every gun and every high capacity clip they want and need in order to run their business.

The real question is WHY do the nutters want those people to have easy access to what they want? And, no, it has nothing at all to do with hunting, self protection or taking over the government.

(Only a real MAROON would say that.

If the dems didn't want to compromise, they would go on an all out blitz to bring back the assault weapons ban.

Having gun owners pass a background check before acquiring a firearm is just common sense legislation.

As it sits now, any gang banger, maniac, or other thug can walk into any gun show or through a private sale and obtain firearms, no questions asked.
That is downright nuts and anyone that supports this is even more insane.

The fact is that with the gun grabbers ramping up their rhetoric, law-abiding gun owners are highly motivated to keep every gun they have, AND stockpile MORE.

It doesn't matter if it's 2% or .2%, this loophole allows felons and nutcases to obtain deadly weapons with no questions asked, and that is just crazy.

90% of americans think it should end, and I agree. You would have to be nuts not to support it.

Maybe there's a magic number of dead children that would change the minds of the nutters. its obvious that 20 isn't enough. Neither are the constant string of deaths every day.

How many deaths do they need before they want to help stop giving guns to the "bad guys"?

Compromise necessitates that you give a little to get a little, and that you have something to offer that the other side wants.

What does the anti-gun/pro-gun control side have to offer the NRA/pro-gun rights side?

Obama and the Democrats don't do Compromise, that would be why we haven't had a budget since mid 2009. They want to just get what ever they demand.

Loosening up the restrictions on fully automatic weapons would be nice.
Lets say lifting the post-86 ban.
What would you be willing to give for that?

A private person selling guns at a gun show would need to have a background check done for each sale. Either by paying a dealer at the show or the sponsors of the show could provide it. Except if the buyer has a concealed weapons license.

Compromise necessitates that you give a little to get a little, and that you have something to offer that the other side wants.

What does the anti-gun/pro-gun control side have to offer the NRA/pro-gun rights side?

Obama and the Democrats don't do Compromise, that would be why we haven't had a budget since mid 2009. They want to just get what ever they demand.

Nice epic failed right wing talking point :eusa_hand: If we didn't have a budget, the federal government would cease to run.

The GOP's idea of a budget bill is to destroy medicare and social security, while spending ourselves into oblivion to bankroll the rich and their cronies. The GOP are a bunch of america hating idiots.

They do, it's called they are not "gunna takkkkkkkkkke yurrrrrrrrrrrr gunnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"
It is so easy to obtain a firearm it's pretty unreal. Private sales don't even require a background check which is outrageous.
Lets try this again:
What does the anti-gun/pro-gun control side have to offer the NRA/pro-gun rughts side?

That they can keep their guns, that's what. All that is being proposed is to strengthen background checks, which 90% of americans support.

If the right wingers fight back against that, it will destroy them in 2014.

Please provide a reliable source for that supposed 90 percent claim of yours.

Maybe there's a magic number of dead children that would change the minds of the nutters. its obvious that 20 isn't enough. Neither are the constant string of deaths every day.

How many deaths do they need before they want to help stop giving guns to the "bad guys"?

Since you're the one that brought up "magic", do you have a "magic" plan that would set off some "magic" alarm when a "bad guy" tries to buy a gun?

Convicted felons and those that have been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent a given of course.

I would love my CWP/CCP to be honored in all 50 States and the District of Columbia. Including New York City and Chicago. Even though I have no intentions of ever going to either one of those cess pools.

Lets try this again:
What does the anti-gun/pro-gun control side have to offer the NRA/pro-gun rughts side?

That they can keep their guns, that's what. All that is being proposed is to strengthen background checks, which 90% of americans support.

If the right wingers fight back against that, it will destroy them in 2014.

Please provide a reliable source for that supposed 90 percent claim of yours.

Post #39 on the previous page :up:

Since you're the one that brought up "magic", do you have a "magic" plan that would set off some "magic" alarm when a "bad guy" tries to buy a gun?

Convicted felons and those that have been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent a given of course.

Gun nutters have no way of knowing this but we now have something called a "computer". Its a very radical and obscure science that allows the user to instantly access enormous data banks.

If only gun nutters had computers themselves and could learn about this amazing "new" technology.

The NRA is a lobbyist group that has no say in what the federal government does. Also as in the thread I made the other day, most people look at candidates endorsed by the NRA strongly less favorably, and only .81% of the candidates they threw funds behind actually won.

The american people strongly support the president and his common sense legislation.
The right wingers can keep up with their ultra-right wing BS and I hope they do, it will cause them to get their asses handed to them in 2014 just like they did in 2012 :up:

I realize the NRA doesn't make policy, I also realize that it's much better for politicians to be on the NRA's good side, than their bad. Do you honestly believe that gun grabbing Legislation is popular with the Law abiding American people? That they want to hand away their Freedoms so liberals can sleep better at night... I highly doubt it. In 2012 the Democrats thought better of taking an anti-gun stance, even Nancy Pelosi said it was a bad idea during Obama's last term. I guess we shall see.

"Facts are stubborn things" :up:

Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

NRA Endorsement Repels Voters More Than It Attracts, New Poll Finds

Daily Kos :: News Community Action

Quinnipiac: 56 Percent Support Assault Weapons Ban | TPM LiveWire

Thanks for the FACTS.

The reason the left wants the NRA to compromise is because they have embarked upon a gun grabbing mission, and they are finding out that gun control is going to be a catastrophe for Democrats in the next election cycles. No, I propose the NRA accept no compromise and allow Democrats to find out what it's like to get voted right out the door in 2014.

The NRA is a lobbyist group that has no say in what the federal government does. Also as in the thread I made the other day, most people look at candidates endorsed by the NRA strongly less favorably, and only .81% of the candidates they threw funds behind actually won.

The american people strongly support the president and his common sense legislation.
The right wingers can keep up with their ultra-right wing BS and I hope they do, it will cause them to get their asses handed to them in 2014 just like they did in 2012 :up:

Sugar pills must work great on you.

Only when they contain lysergic acid diethylamide.

90% huh? Another MSM poll? :cuckoo:

As of last night, Quinnipiac poll shown on the news said "92%" want background checks.

Since the mass murder of 20 children in Sandy Hill, 1644 Americans have been murdered with guns. The equivalent of a Sandy Hill each and every day.

We cannot stop each and every "bad guy" from getting a gun so, the nutters are saying we should do nothing at all? You know, like we've done with cars, booze, drugs, cigarettes, etc.

Most Americans do not want to just give up and let the nutters just go right on making sure the terrorists, mentally ill, illegals, drug dealers and other criminals get every gun and every high capacity clip they want and need in order to run their business.

The real question is WHY do the nutters want those people to have easy access to what they want? And, no, it has nothing at all to do with hunting, self protection or taking over the government.

(Only a real MAROON would say that.

I am not sure if you are LYING, if you are WILLFULLY IGNORANT, or if you are just STUPID...but i am sure you are one of those three!

Those who are waving their bloody hands about and crying that something has to be done to save the children just might be a bit more believable if they were also talking about 300,000 children's lives lost last year to abortions.

But they don't care about those lives lost.

Those who are waving their bloody hands about and crying that something has to be done to save the children just might be a bit more believable if they were also talking about 300,000 children's lives lost last year to abortions.

How many women's lives were saved? What's up with connecting guns to abortions?

Any woman who would wilfully choose to abort her baby doesn't need to be a mother any how.

I have resigned myself to view the upside as self-induced, SCOTUS sanctioned eugenics.

Children who lost their lives. Planned Parenthood killed 300,000 children just last year.

The gun grabbers are claiming that in order to save children's lives, I and other must give up our rights to own certain guns and gun accessaries.

If that were true and all you were concerned about were saving the lives of Children, you would be concerned about the 300,000 that were aborted just by Planned Parenthood last year alone. You would be demanding that women give up some of their "rights" to save their children.

Any woman who would wilfully choose to abort her baby doesn't need to be a mother any how.

I have resigned myself to view the upside as self-induced, SCOTUS sanctioned eugenics.

Oh, if only men could get pregnant...maybe the lunacy would end...

So you are admitting that you are just another left wing hypocrite?

Lunacy ? I'm saying do your thing sister.

I know the results of children brought about by unfit breeders.

Forum List

Back