So, you want the NRA/pro-gun side to compromise...?

Oh! A constitutional ammendment allowing me to shoot anyone trespassing on my property who is probably committing any other crime!

That they can keep their guns...
So, you have nothing to offer other than a promise that you will not take their guns.
That is, you have nothing to -give- them, and so, there's no reason for them to give anything up.

If the dems didn't want to compromise, they would go on an all out blitz to bring back the assault weapons ban.

Having gun owners pass a background check before acquiring a firearm is just common sense legislation.

As it sits now, any gang banger, maniac, or other thug can walk into any gun show or through a private sale and obtain firearms, no questions asked.
That is downright nuts and anyone that supports this is even more insane.

You do realize that less than 2% of gun sales are 'private sales', don't you?

The fact is that with the gun grabbers ramping up their rhetoric, law-abiding gun owners are highly motivated to keep every gun they have, AND stockpile MORE.

That also explains their escalating prices, no?

Compromise necessitates that you give a little to get a little, and that you have something to offer that the other side wants.

What does the anti-gun/pro-gun control side have to offer the NRA/pro-gun rights side?
Be careful before they call out Conservatives and demand fire arm owners be well regulated lol.
What would you like?
How about:
A revision of the 2nd that specifies current SCotUS holdings regarding the protection of the individual right as well as specification as to what constitutes an infringement -- registration, licensing, waiting periods, storage requirements, limits on the number of guns you can buy/have, mandatory training, bans on any sort of firearms or ammunition, taxation of same, etc. Bevause of the 14th amendment, this woudl also to apply to the states.

This is far more than just a promise that you waont ask for anything else, it makes it impossible for you to ask for anything else.
I want to regulate private sales. Go stand in line for a background check to buy any gun.
Are you willing to trade the above for it?

Oh, and bring up real criminal prosecution for gun dealers who "let things slide"
Clearly, that should always be the case, and no one disagrees.

So, you have nothing to offer other than a promise that you will not take their guns.
That is, you have nothing to -give- them, and so, there's no reason for them to give anything up.

If the dems didn't want to compromise, they would go on an all out blitz to bring back the assault weapons ban.

Having gun owners pass a background check before acquiring a firearm is just common sense legislation.

As it sits now, any gang banger, maniac, or other thug can walk into any gun show or through a private sale and obtain firearms, no questions asked.

The fact is that with the gun grabbers ramping up their rhetoric, law-abiding gun owners are highly motivated to keep every gun they have, AND stockpile MORE.

It doesn't matter if it's 2% or .2%, this loophole allows felons and nutcases to obtain deadly weapons with no questions asked, and that is just crazy.

90% of americans think it should end, and I agree. You would have to be nuts not to support it.

That they can keep their guns...

LOL the insane one is you if you think that's how it works. private sale of a private property is just that. Are you really that scared,there has been God who knows how many private sales of guns amongst friends and strangers over the years,and the number of gun crimes is not even a grain of dust compared,yet here you are with your weak emotional rant.

The reason the left wants the NRA to compromise is because they have embarked upon a gun grabbing mission, and they are finding out that gun control is going to be a catastrophe for Democrats in the next election cycles. No, I propose the NRA accept no compromise and allow Democrats to find out what it's like to get voted right out the door in 2014.

It doesn't matter if it's 2% or .2%, this loophole allows felons and nutcases to obtain deadly weapons with no questions asked, and that is just crazy.

90% of americans think it should end, and I agree. You would have to be nuts not to support it.

According to the FBI, that's NOT where felons and nutcases are getting their guns.

90% huh? Another MSM poll? :cuckoo:

LOL the insane one is you if you think that's how it works. private sale of a private property is just that. Are you really that scared,there has been God who knows how many private sales of guns amongst friends and strangers over the years,and the number of gun crimes is not even a grain of dust compared,yet here you are with your weak emotional rant.

Why won't any of you right wingers answer a simple question? Do you support the ability for gang bangers and convicted felons to have the ability to walk into a gun show, and walk out with deadly weapons, no questions asked?

According to the FBI, that's NOT where felons and nutcases are getting their guns.

They just haven't updated their website yet.

Bet your numbers are wrong on that.

How are yo going to enforce a universal background check?

Don't you stupid fucks get it that criminals don't care a rats ass about some law??!!!

The reason the left wants the NRA to compromise is because they have embarked upon a gun grabbing mission, and they are finding out that gun control is going to be a catastrophe for Democrats in the next election cycles. No, I propose the NRA accept no compromise and allow Democrats to find out what it's like to get voted right out the door in 2014.

The NRA is a lobbyist group that has no say in what the federal government does. Also as in the thread I made the other day, most people look at candidates endorsed by the NRA strongly less favorably, and only .81% of the candidates they threw funds behind actually won.

The american people strongly support the president and his common sense legislation.
The right wingers can keep up with their ultra-right wing BS and I hope they do, it will cause them to get their asses handed to them in 2014 just like they did in 2012 :up:

Yes, it is. Most thugs get their weapons 100% legally.

The NRA is a lobbyist group that has no say in what the federal government does. Also as in the thread I made the other day, most people look at candidates endorsed by the NRA strongly less favorably, and only .81% of the candidates they threw funds behind actually won.

The american people strongly support the president and his common sense legislation.
The right wingers can keep up with their ultra-right wing BS and I hope they do, it will cause them to get their asses handed to them in 2014 just like they did in 2012 :up:

Sugar pills must work great on you.

Sugar pills must work great on you.

I'm not diabetic. Though I have no idea what that has to do with laying the smackdown once again :up:

Last edited:

I realize the NRA doesn't make policy, I also realize that it's much better for politicians to be on the NRA's good side, than their bad. Do you honestly believe that gun grabbing Legislation is popular with the Law abiding American people? That they want to hand away their Freedoms so liberals can sleep better at night... I highly doubt it. In 2012 the Democrats thought better of taking an anti-gun stance, even Nancy Pelosi said it was a bad idea during Obama's last term. I guess we shall see.

I realize the NRA doesn't make policy, I also realize that it's much better for politicians to be on the NRA's good side, than their bad. Do you honestly believe that gun grabbing Legislation is popular with the Law abiding American people? That they want to hand away their Freedoms so liberals can sleep better at night... I highly doubt it. In 2012 the Democrats thought better of taking an anti-gun stance, even Nancy Pelosi said it was a bad idea during Obama's last term. I guess we shall see.

"Facts are stubborn things" :up:

Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

NRA Endorsement Repels Voters More Than It Attracts, New Poll Finds

Daily Kos :: News Community Action

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/quinnipiac-56-percent-support-assault-weapons-ban

Last edited:

Yes, it is. Most thugs get their weapons 100% legally.

From their drug dealer??

Forum List

Back