So you want to label the DC protest treason insurrection or rebellion.

I think we should label it the same way we label the BLM and ANTIFA actions.

Precious few here are honest enough to do so.
Those rioters are just criminal dirt bags, not traitorous dirt bags, but should be prosecuted also.
Those "rioters" are taxpaying generally law abidding citizens fed up with our corrupt congress----------
That ain't the way, Turtle. Would hate to see you in the soup, but if your were, there wouldn't be a cracker for ya.

The Portland insurrectionists were way worse. they captured a part of the city and barricaded entrances allowing only those they wished in or out. They replaced the government there and ruled as they wished. The very definition of treason and insurrection.
I'm not interested on which one is worse... It's inescapable to believe one was wrong, but the other was not without losing intellectual credibility. I just hope people are honest with themselves enough to grasp that. I don't WANT them to get off tangent of that. And maybe even think about why they believed what they did, when they did.

When the media/politicians have you acting one way for one thing, and another for another... When you clearly know both are wrong... I hope that it's seen as a problem, because I don't know anyone that wants to be a hypocrite, unless it's for a laugh.

Those rioters are just criminal dirt bags, not traitorous dirt bags, but should be prosecuted also.
Those "rioters" are taxpaying generally law abidding citizens fed up with our corrupt congress----------
That ain't the way, Turtle. Would hate to see you in the soup, but if your were, there wouldn't be a cracker for ya.
That is the way---going after a corrupt congress is what our founders envisioned especially my fav Jefferson.

I would label it "A VERY MILD peaceful protest"!

View attachment 441477

Let's face facts:
  1. The Democrats well knew of the Trump rally down the street well in advance.
  2. People at the rally were anything but an angry, riotous mob. They were like any other Trump rally, happy, family people.
  3. People who were there who walked down to the Congress to protest outside report that the people who broke in and went inside WERE ALREADY THERE ahead of them.
  4. There's good reason to believe the rally was exploited to make it into an ugly mob for the exact political ends it has become.
  5. There's not a bit of evidence that Trump said, much less expected/intended for it to turn out the way it did, in fact, quite the opposite.
  6. It appears that both the rally and now Nancy's efforts to impeach are yet again one more carefully crafted strategic effort by her to not just get Trump out of office, but to try to put him into a position where he can not only not challenge THIS election but can never run for office again. The Democrats are absolutely paralyzed with fear that someone with Trump's popularity and ability to rally millions and millions with total loyalty represents a long term existential threat to the Democrat's power and goals.

Been around the world. Seen a lot. Been a certain amount of hypocrisy everywhere I have been in both civilian and government service and every country I have been to. Whatever or wherever, always knew things are not all that they seem and certainly not all that are projected. I have adjusted and not become jaded, amazingly enough. Sorry you got so jaded. Good luck to ya.
Oh... I will always be against hypocrisy. You are free to call that whatever you want. It changes nothing that I said.

If so we are also going to have to relabel one or several doz. historical conflicts we tend to forget about.

Whiskey Rebellion, (1794), in American history, uprising that afforded the new U.S. government its first opportunity to establish federal authority by military means within state boundaries, as officials moved into western Pennsylvania to quell an uprising of settlers rebelling against the liquor tax. Alexander Hamilton, secretary of the treasury, had proposed the excise (enacted by Congress in 1791, the first national internal revenue tax) to raise money for the national debt and to assert the power of the national government. Small farmers of the backcountry distilled (and consumed) whiskey, which was easier to transport and sell than the grain that was its source. It was an informal currency, a means of livelihood, and an enlivener of a harsh existence. The distillers resisted the tax by attacking (often tarring and feathering) federal revenue officers who attempted to collect it.

Utah War AKA Mormon rebellion
In 1857–58, President James Buchanan sent U.S. forces to the Utah Territory in what became known as the Utah Expedition. The Mormons, fearful that the large U.S. military force had been sent to annihilate them and having faced persecution in other areas,[7] made preparations for defense. Though bloodshed was to be avoided, and the U.S. government also hoped that its purpose might be attained without the loss of life, both sides prepared for war. The Mormons manufactured or repaired firearms, turned scythes into bayonets, and burnished and sharpened long-unused sabres.

The confrontation between the Mormon militia, called the Nauvoo Legion, and the U.S. Army involved some destruction of property and a few brief skirmishes in what is today southwestern Wyoming, but no battles occurred between the contending military forces.

At the height of the tensions, on September 11, 1857, between 95 and 120 California-bound settlers from Arkansas, Missouri and other states, including unarmed men, women and children, were killed in remote southwestern Utah by a group of local Mormon militia.[10] They first claimed that the migrants were killed by Indians but it was proven otherwise. This event was later called the Mountain Meadows Massacre and the motives behind the incident remain unclear.[11]

The Aiken massacre took place the following month. In October 1857, Mormons arrested six Californians traveling through Utah and charged them with being spies for the U.S. Army. They were released but were later murdered and robbed of their stock and $25,000.[12][13]

Pontiac's War, also known as Pontiac's Conspiracy or Pontiac's Rebellion, was launched in 1763 by a loose confederation of American Indian tribes, primarily from the Great Lakes region, the Illinois Country, and Ohio Country who were dissatisfied with British policies in the Great Lakes region following the French and Indian War (1754–1763). Warriors from numerous tribes joined the uprising in an effort to drive British soldiers and settlers out of the region. The war is named after Odawa leader Pontiac, the most prominent of many Indian leaders in the conflict.
The war began in May 1763 when Native Americans were offended by the policies of British General Jeffery Amherst and attacked a number of British forts and settlements. Eight forts were destroyed and hundreds of colonists were killed or captured, with many more fleeing the region. Hostilities came to an end after British Army expeditions in 1764 led to peace negotiations over the next two years. The Native Americans were unable to drive away the British, but the uprising prompted the British government to modify the policies that had provoked the conflict.

TO BE CONTINUED-
Notably missing is the part where any of these ended with the opposing forces trying to occupy the Capitol to overthrow a duly certified election and the behest of the loser.

False equivalency is still false.

Have you noticed that at the demonstrations, for your cause, includes Nazis.. Does it bother you that you are on the same side as Nazis.
Does it bother you that at demonstrations, for your cause, includes child molesters? Does it bother you that you are on the same side as child molesters?

That is the way---going after a corrupt congress is what our founders envisioned especially my fav Jefferson.
Pad your mask and try to remember cameras are everywhere. Don't PM me to bail you out.

COTUS authorizes in Art. I, sec 8, clause 18, "To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper
You left out the Second Amendment and the other articles of the Bill of Rights with all your creative rationalizations for gun control, your liberal statist constructionism, and stateside legal interpretations to ride roughshod over the common people.

The 2nd A. is not a right, it's shall not infringe is not sacrosanct.

Been around the world. Seen a lot. Been a certain amount of hypocrisy everywhere I have been in both civilian and government service and every country I have been to. Whatever or wherever, always knew things are not all that they seem and certainly not all that are projected. I have adjusted and not become jaded, amazingly enough. Sorry you got so jaded. Good luck to ya.
Oh... I will always be against hypocrisy. You are free to call that whatever you want. It changes nothing that I said.
I didn't create the "Me Too" movement, but in this case, I'll say, Me Too.

I would label it "A VERY MILD peaceful protest"!

View attachment 441477

Let's face facts:
  1. The Democrats well knew of the Trump rally down the street well in advance.
  2. People at the rally were anything but an angry, riotous mob. They were like any other Trump rally, happy, family people.
  3. People who were there who walked down to the Congress to protest outside report that the people who broke in and went inside WERE ALREADY THERE ahead of them.
  4. There's good reason to believe the rally was exploited to make it into an ugly mob for the exact political ends it has become.
  5. There's not a bit of evidence that Trump said, much less expected/intended for it to turn out the way it did, in fact, quite the opposite.
  6. It appears that both the rally and now Nancy's efforts to impeach are yet again one more carefully crafted strategic effort by her to not just get Trump out of office, but to try to put him into a position where he can not only not challenge THIS election but can never run for office again. The Democrats are absolutely paralyzed with fear that someone with Trump's popularity and ability to rally millions and millions with total loyalty represents a long term existential threat to the Democrat's power and goals.

Comedy gold.

Hope Trump continues to remain politically active and fracture the GOP even further.

Have you noticed that at the demonstrations, for your cause, includes Nazis.. Does it bother you that you are on the same side as Nazis.
Does it bother you that at demonstrations, for your cause, includes child molesters? Does it bother you that you are on the same side as child molesters?
Child molesters...like the one Trump partied with and who had in his club?

Are you a Qanon nut case. Do you believe in Santa Claus. Do you think the earth is flat.

And Clinton as well... But it's beside the point and you know it. It was a dumbass argument.

Are you a Qanon nut case. Do you believe in Santa Claus. Do you think the earth is flat.
It's good that you realize how stupid that comment was. I offer for you to delete it, and I'll remove my own. Or ... It can stay. I'm about to go to bed, so...

If so we are also going to have to relabel one or several doz. historical conflicts we tend to forget about.

Whiskey Rebellion, (1794), in American history, uprising that afforded the new U.S. government its first opportunity to establish federal authority by military means within state boundaries, as officials moved into western Pennsylvania to quell an uprising of settlers rebelling against the liquor tax. Alexander Hamilton, secretary of the treasury, had proposed the excise (enacted by Congress in 1791, the first national internal revenue tax) to raise money for the national debt and to assert the power of the national government. Small farmers of the backcountry distilled (and consumed) whiskey, which was easier to transport and sell than the grain that was its source. It was an informal currency, a means of livelihood, and an enlivener of a harsh existence. The distillers resisted the tax by attacking (often tarring and feathering) federal revenue officers who attempted to collect it.

Utah War AKA Mormon rebellion
In 1857–58, President James Buchanan sent U.S. forces to the Utah Territory in what became known as the Utah Expedition. The Mormons, fearful that the large U.S. military force had been sent to annihilate them and having faced persecution in other areas,[7] made preparations for defense. Though bloodshed was to be avoided, and the U.S. government also hoped that its purpose might be attained without the loss of life, both sides prepared for war. The Mormons manufactured or repaired firearms, turned scythes into bayonets, and burnished and sharpened long-unused sabres.

The confrontation between the Mormon militia, called the Nauvoo Legion, and the U.S. Army involved some destruction of property and a few brief skirmishes in what is today southwestern Wyoming, but no battles occurred between the contending military forces.

At the height of the tensions, on September 11, 1857, between 95 and 120 California-bound settlers from Arkansas, Missouri and other states, including unarmed men, women and children, were killed in remote southwestern Utah by a group of local Mormon militia.[10] They first claimed that the migrants were killed by Indians but it was proven otherwise. This event was later called the Mountain Meadows Massacre and the motives behind the incident remain unclear.[11]

The Aiken massacre took place the following month. In October 1857, Mormons arrested six Californians traveling through Utah and charged them with being spies for the U.S. Army. They were released but were later murdered and robbed of their stock and $25,000.[12][13]

Pontiac's War, also known as Pontiac's Conspiracy or Pontiac's Rebellion, was launched in 1763 by a loose confederation of American Indian tribes, primarily from the Great Lakes region, the Illinois Country, and Ohio Country who were dissatisfied with British policies in the Great Lakes region following the French and Indian War (1754–1763). Warriors from numerous tribes joined the uprising in an effort to drive British soldiers and settlers out of the region. The war is named after Odawa leader Pontiac, the most prominent of many Indian leaders in the conflict.
The war began in May 1763 when Native Americans were offended by the policies of British General Jeffery Amherst and attacked a number of British forts and settlements. Eight forts were destroyed and hundreds of colonists were killed or captured, with many more fleeing the region. Hostilities came to an end after British Army expeditions in 1764 led to peace negotiations over the next two years. The Native Americans were unable to drive away the British, but the uprising prompted the British government to modify the policies that had provoked the conflict.

TO BE CONTINUED-
You're just hoping that nobody will notice that you're the real wannabe Nazi. The Nazis were evil mean nasty and rotten but they weren't cowardly sheep so I'm afraid your hopes won't pan out.

And Clinton as well... But it's beside the point and you know it. It was a dumbass argument.
Yeah, I was wondering why you made it. *shrugs*

Yeah, I was wondering why you made it. *shrugs*
So show the dumbass just how dumbass it was. Never mind Elmer... It stays thanks to Candy own dumbassery. I'm more than willing to forgive mistakes and try to correct them should you want to. But... I think it needs to stay now.

Edit: It's not like Candy is going to be hurt by it.

It's good that you realize how stupid that comment was. I offer for you to delete it, and I'll remove my own. Or ... It can stay. I'm about to go to bed, so...
I am getting ready to repost my post: Are you a Qanon nut case. Do you believe in Santa Claus. Do you think the earth is flat.

Forum List

Back