Soaring Bankruptcy Rates Signal A Coming Storm For Broke Elderly

Yeah, the ACA has done massive damage to this country, good find
What does the ACA have to do with it.? The trend started long before the ACA was enacted. A big part of the problem -if you read the attachment- is the short comings of Medicare. Yet the same damned fools who rail against the ACA want to gut or kill Medicare.

Older Americans are filing for bankruptcy at more than double the rate of just 25 years ago, a sign of a "coming storm of broke elderly," a new study finds.

The rate of people 65 and over filing for bankruptcy grew nearly 204 percent from 1991 to 2016, a study published by the Social Science Research Network found, and the percentage of seniors among all U.S. bankruptcy filers increased by nearly five times over the same period.

Soaring bankruptcy rates signal a 'coming storm of broke elderly,' study finds

The gift of Ronald Reagan keeps on giving.
Canary in the coal mine.

Saw nothing about the ACA in that article, it was about senior's on Medicare.
all part of the ACA. you should read up.
Would you care to explain that, or do you expect that we're all going to buy into your appeal to ignorance fallacy?
what is it you need explained for your lesson today?

You're also a fucking idiot Medicare and ACA are not all the same.
well how could they be, one is called medicare and one ACA, however, the bill that was the ACA was to include medicare. again, you should read up on the ACA.
What in the name of fuck are you talking about? Are you confusing Medicare and Medicaid? Or are you just confused?

Would you care to explain that, or do you expect that we're all going to buy into your appeal to ignorance fallacy?
"Three main ACA changes lead to Medicaid enrollment gains. Medicaid expansion to low-income adults. The ACA expands Medicaid eligibility to adults with incomes at or below 138 percent of the poverty line, which is just over $16,000 per year for an individual today.May 5, 2014"

How is the ACA Impacting Medicaid Enrollment?

"New data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) shows that as of the end of March 2014, Medicaid and CHIP enrollment had increased by over 4.8 million people since open enrollment began for the new Health Insurance Marketplaces in October 2013. These data help provide a better understanding of how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is impacting Medicaid enrollment,"

Thank you for acknowledging that you don't know what the fuck your talking about And just making shit up, that you can't back up. EXPLAIN HOW MEDICARE IS PART OF THE ACA. I'm not going to hold by breath.

"Three main ACA changes lead to Medicaid enrollment gains. Medicaid expansion to low-income adults. The ACA expands Medicaid eligibility to adults with incomes at or below 138 percent of the poverty line, which is just over $16,000 per year for an individual today.May 5, 2014"

"New data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) shows that as of the end of March 2014, Medicaid and CHIP enrollment had increased by over 4.8 million people since open enrollment began for the new Health Insurance Marketplaces in October 2013. These data help provide a better understanding of how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is impacting Medicaid enrollment,"
Holy Shit!! You don't even understand that Medicaid and Medicare are entirely different programs!!

What does the ACA have to do with it.? The trend started long before the ACA was enacted. A big part of the problem -if you read the attachment- is the short comings of Medicare. Yet the same damned fools who rail against the ACA want to gut or kill Medicare.

Apparently you don't know anything about Medicare.

Holy Shit!! You don't even understand that Medicaid and Medicare are entirely different programs!!
did the ACA cause an expansion in them or not? I just gave you evidence it did. both government programs correct? paid for with tax dollars correct?

did the ACA cause an expansion in them or not? I just gave you evidence it did. both government programs correct? paid for with tax dollars correct?

No, just Medicaid.

No, just Medicaid.
Differences between Medicare and Medicaid - Medicare Interactive
  • "Medicare is a federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65 and older or have a severe disability, no matter your income.
  • Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income.
  • If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dually eligible individual), you can have both, and they will work together to provide you with health coverage at very low cost to you."
nit picking to me. LOL. both government funded no matter how you fking slice it. and they increased due to the ACA.

Oh really? I'm on Medicare!

No, just Medicaid.
Differences between Medicare and Medicaid - Medicare Interactive
  • "Medicare is a federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65 and older or have a severe disability, no matter your income.
  • Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income.
  • If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dually eligible individual), you can have both, and they will work together to provide you with health coverage at very low cost to you."
nit picking to me. LOL. both government funded no matter how you fking slice it. and they increased due to the ACA.

The ACA in no way affected Medicare other than that Obambi pulled money OUT of Medicare. It caused a great increase in Medicaid.

Yes, it expanded MEDICAID! in the states that chose to do so .What the fuck is wrong with you?

(smile) That means nothing, people on Medicare rely on me for guidance every day.

Yes, it expanded MEDICAID! in the states that chose to do so .What the fuck is wrong with you?
well we were talking about old people going bankrupt. that's what.

(smile) That means nothing, people on Medicare rely on me for guidance every day.
I don't need to rely on anyone. It works for me.

well we were talking about old people going bankrupt. that's what.
You're too ignorant and aggravating to even bother with.

I don't need to rely on anyone. It works for me.

It should, it's a great program

Forum List

Back