soccer ref struck in face by player dies

People aren't usually interested in what demonstrated liars have to say, that's what it has to do with the kid.

Nope, not me.

See, trolls like mer whatever come flying into any thread where the "a" word is mentioned, and start posting a bunch of garbage and expect everybody to just start crying "Amen sistah! you tell em!"

Well if I'm in a thread, I'm going to expose their lies. I don't care if they're trolling or not, until everybody recognizes them as a complete fraud and a liar, I will take pains to point out their lies until they lose all credibility and end up in ignore land....

That's what happened with Jake. He used to pull that crap all the time..he'd jump in the middle of discussions with just insane off the wall lies...eventually, everybody figured him out. After his lies were pointed out enough times, that is.

Nope, not me.

See, trolls like mer whatever come flying into any thread where the "a" word is mentioned, and start posting a bunch of garbage and expect everybody to just start crying "Amen sistah! you tell em!"

Well if I'm in a thread, I'm going to expose their lies. I don't care if they're trolling or not, until everybody recognizes them as a complete fraud and a liar, I will take pains to point out their lies until they lose all credibility and end up in ignore land....

That's what happened with Jake. He used to pull that crap all the time..he'd jump in the middle of discussions with just insane off the wall lies...eventually, everybody figured him out. After his lies were pointed out enough times, that is.

So...are you justifying your lies by pointing out others'?

No one said the kid should get off Scott free...no one said there should be no consequences. Which is what you keep saying.

As far as the "a" word....do you think that perhaps you have something to do with that? I mean
....I've voiced over and over that I am anti-abortion....but just because I don't take it to the same level as you and others....meaning wanting it outlawed completely....you call me a baby killer.

Do you really think that's either accurate or fair? And please....I am being civil here...I'd appreciate the same.

Meh. The tone of the posts was "You monster, this poor child is traumatized enough! He needs counseling! The dead guy is dead, we can't bring him back, why ruin the life of the kid too?"

If you aren't happy with my paraphrases, oh well.

But that is not the same as making very specific claims (thousands of children will die if there is no obamacare, for example) and then refusing to acknowledge that it's a lie even after the evidence is brought to bear, and fleeing into ignore land so you don't have to address it.

I wasn't making an argument when I expressed incredulity and disgust at the attitude of the liberal posters (who have also repeatedly lied and maintained that I want the death penalty for this kid). I was just pointing out the idiocy of the posters. And my characterization of their posts is close enough to hold water.

Last edited:
kg could never stand me to call out her lies and prove her liar.

She would go insane.

Meh. The tone of the posts was "You monster, this poor child is traumatized enough! He needs counseling! The dead guy is dead, we can't bring him back, why ruin the life of the kid too?"

But that is not the same as making very specific claims (thousands of children will die if there is no obamacare, for example) and then refusing to acknowledge that it's a lie even after the evidence is brought to bear, and fleeing into ignore land so you don't have to address it.

I wasn't making an argument when I expressed incredulity and disgust at the attitude of the liberal posters (who have also repeatedly lied and maintained that I want the death penalty for this kid). I was just pointing out the idiocy of the posters. And my characterization of their posts is close enough to hold water.

Well...I can't help what others write. Perhaps it's a retribution type thing...I don't know. I do wish we'd all stop flying off the handle so often. Yes....I know I do it too....and I'm sorry.

But...as a social worker...you know how long the odds are for a convict to do well in society after release. You probably know better than I. I feel terribly for the family of the referee....I want you to know that.

On a personal note....I used to be a hard ass about stuff like this. You know what changed my mind? About...oh....10 years ago? There was an Amish school shooting around Lancaster. This guy went off his rocker and shot 10 Amish girls, killing 5, then committed suicide in the schoolhouse. The response from the Amish community? They buried their dead and went to the shooter's funeral and prayed for his soul...they also took the wife of the shooter and her children under their wing and befriended them.

That's what being a Christian is...I know I would have fallen short of that one...the courage and love that those people showed was unfathomable to me. How could they DO that? I looked for answers in Scripture...Jesus said to love your enemy as well as your neighbor like you do the Lord. He said to turn the other cheek, and if someone sues you for your coat, give him your shirt too.

I still don't know if I could do what the Amish did...but I would like to try my best.

I just think juvenile detention would be better if the kid's nose is clean other than this incident.

Anyone who has been on this board for more than 15 minutes knows you aren't a liar but Jake Starkey is and that's why he's called Jake Fakey so much.

Being Christian isn't about shirking accountability. It's about paying the piper, accounting for oneself, facing and repenting of your sin and taking the consequences.

I have worked with inmates, I have worked with children in juvenile, I have worked in group homes. I have compassion for all humans. But that doesn't mean I don't think they should be accountable for their actions.

I've said from the beginning, despite the repeated attempts to paint me otherwise, that the charges as I've heard them seem perfectly appropriate. Whether he does his time in juvie or prison, meh, he's 17 and he is capable of killing a man with his fist, and he was a soccer star. Chances are he has reasonable intellect and at the very least less obvious dysfunction in his family than most of the inmates. Going to prison is not a death sentence for a kid.

But the fact of the matter is, a kid who is that out of control and flies off the handle that badly under such minor provocation is a menace. Most 17 year old boys don't kill someone before they realize they have the potential to, and they know that hitting people when they aren't suspecting is bad. Yes he made a bad decision...but it isn't like he ate dessert before dinner and got a tummy ache. He needs to go through the process, just like everyone else. Prison isn't fun. It's not supposed to be. There are bad men in there. And he will be one of them. Hopefully he will turn himself around. But that is definitely where he belongs.

The criminal mentality of "gosh he only hit him, whoda thunk the dude would have up and died!" is just that...a criminal mentality. And that attitude that pounding on people is to be accepted, and if someoe pounds on someone and the person dies the person shouldn't be considered a *real* killer is also a criiminal attitude and is exactly what gets these kids into trouble. They're raised thinking it's macho and to be expected that they fight and hit people.

Well, sometimes when you hit people in anger..they die. And when they die, you're in deep shit. And nobody should or will give you a free pass cuz you're a guy and guys hit people all the time.

Last edited:
KG...never said he should escape accountability....never said that's what Christianity is all about. Re-read my long ass post and tell me where I said either of these things. Juvenile detention probably isn't fun either...is it?

Katz....a 17 year old athlete may have the body of a man...but has the mind of a kid.

Why does it have to be either/or with some of you?

I say....he should go to Juvie....you say....I'm letting him walk

You say....he should do hard time.....another person says....you're gassing him.

Fuck....why does everything have to turn into a pissing contest?

A 17 year old big and strong enough to kill with a punch is no kid.

No, he's not.

Which is why we as a society must demand that they behave. 17 year olds may be children inside, but they can learn to control themselves at a very young age. The fact that we wink and shrug when a 17 year old cold cocks a referee and kills him IS the problem.

My boy is 10 and I've been talking to him about being able to control himself, particularly when he's angry, for many years.

Anyone who has been on this board for more than 15 minutes knows you aren't a liar but Jake Starkey is and that's why he's called Jake Fakey so much.

The mainstream of the Board is laughing at your reactionary silliness.

That you defend a crazy like kg demonstrates you have a very low ethical standard.

Tis what tis.

Omg, you did not.

So are you going to pretend you represent the MAIN STREAM consciousness of this board...My god, that means you are the everyman that defines mainstream for the nation...the world...the UNIVERSE!

So is that lying hag mertex one of your "mainstream" cohorts?

Tell me...are all board members who have been here years and years pmming you and telling you how they're laughing at me?

Why don't they rep you when they do that? Hmmmm....

I think you may officially be the lamest person I've come across online, ever. And that represents a LOT of lame people. You're the lame maistream, perhaps.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I've been on this board a lot longer than 15 minutes and kg is a liar.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I've been on this board a lot longer than 15 minutes and kg is a liar.

No, I'm not, and you know it, which is exactly why you have me on ignore. You don't like the fact that I pegged you as a grasping, lazy loser.

Forum List

Back