🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Social Justice Math" actually a reality now for K-12

Is sending one's child to public school akin to child abuse in 2015?

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Take your kids out of public school, it's akin to child abuse. They are 100% progressive brainwashing centers now. Did you even know that your kids were being subject to this?

Children as young as nine are learning families come in all genders, colors and sizes, thanks to efforts made by their enterprising teacher.

Elementary public school teacher Alicia Gunn is slipping pro-diversity messages into her math lessons, to 'disrupt the single story that many of our kids have about LGBTQ families.'

'Social justice math happens when students are solving problems using real, engaging, and meaningful numbers,' she said, speaking at the Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity on April 10.

'Social justice issues happening in their school, community, or even globally become the context for the math that the students are doing.'

Gunn has been criticized by anti-LGBTI groups for not seeking permission from parents before teaching her students about a range of issues, including diversity, autism, and the environment.

Social Justice Math Lesson Teaching Mathematics Through a Social Justice Lens
OUR TIMES Canada s Independent Labour Magazine
Lesbian I use math class to teach young kids about homosexuality so I can hide it from parents News LifeSite
Teacher hides pro-LGBTI messages in math classes to help kids understand diversity Gay Star News
https://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/irp/program_delivery/making_space/mkg_spc_4_7.pdf

Teaching Awards - Beginning Teacher Winner

None of that would stop Ms Gunn from keeping the kids active and engaged. With a colleague, she formed the Oakridge Community Action Committee. She became a seasoned grant-proposal writer and got an after-school program started. As a result, students have been introduced to swimming, soccer, tennis and playground games. For many of the students, these were completely new experiences. She’s arranged to have skates sharpened and helmets supplied. And to ensure everyone has a chance to participate, she arranged for transportation back to the apartment complex, too.

You'll be exhausted just watching Alicia in action.

Ms Gunn doesn’t slow down inside the classroom either. Her principal calls her teaching “innovative and creative”. She uses a hands-on approach to learning and allows time for experimenting. A teacher of social justice, she selects an “ism” each month and works with her students on understanding the principals of respect, cooperation and common sense.

Last edited:
Pffffffffffft.

When I went was force marched to school back in the 16th century, they sent me to parochial (religious) school. THAT was cruel and unusual punishment. Until you've been there, you don't have a clue in the world what "brainwashing" is. Nor, apparently, a clue of the ability of kids to resist and rebel against it.

All because the fucking ****** is too fucking stupid to do as other people can do. We have to fuck up the system to make it somehow fair. WOW.

******* already get 100+ sat points added to their scores and AA.

FUCK THE ******. I hate this subrace of animals.

All because the fucking ****** is too fucking stupid to do as other people can do. We have to fuck up the system to make it somehow fair. WOW.

******* already get 100+ sat points added to their scores and AA.

FUCK THE ******. I hate this subrace of animals.
Tell us how you really feel next time. Stupid ******* eh Matt?

Take your kids out of public school, it's akin to child abuse. They are 100% progressive brainwashing centers now. Did you even know that your kids were being subject to this?

Children as young as nine are learning families come in all genders, colors and sizes, thanks to efforts made by their enterprising teacher.

Elementary public school teacher Alicia Gunn is slipping pro-diversity messages into her math lessons, to 'disrupt the single story that many of our kids have about LGBTQ families.'

'Social justice math happens when students are solving problems using real, engaging, and meaningful numbers,' she said, speaking at the Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity on April 10.

'Social justice issues happening in their school, community, or even globally become the context for the math that the students are doing.'

Gunn has been criticized by anti-LGBTI groups for not seeking permission from parents before teaching her students about a range of issues, including diversity, autism, and the environment.

Lesbian I use math class to teach young kids about homosexuality so I can hide it from parents News LifeSite
Teacher hides pro-LGBTI messages in math classes to help kids understand diversity Gay Star News

I have two nieces who graduated from public schools. One is an M.D., one teaches math in college.

Pffffffffffft.

When I went was force marched to school back in the 16th century, they sent me to parochial (religious) school. THAT was cruel and unusual punishment. Until you've been there, you don't have a clue in the world what "brainwashing" is. Nor, apparently, a clue of the ability of kids to resist and rebel against it.
I went to Catholic school in my early years - it was a nightmare. You make an excellent point. I believe Catholic school is worse than public but Common Core - is a close second for worst possible thing you could do to your child. Take them out and home school them. Get a group of parents together and arrange a group setting of home schooling and take turns if you cannot afford to do it full time. Where there is a will there is a way!

I can teach a kid more in 10 hours per week than they now learn in a week at school, make it fun, and make it memorable. But I charge $100 per hour, for no more than 4 kids.

I have two nieces who graduated from public schools. One is an M.D., one teaches math in college.

We're talking about 2015 you dipshit.

You take a couple classes in community college and all of a sudden are all knowing about what is being done in this country in thousands of classrooms? Your reverting to insults shows me you're an immature little child, no matter how many classes you've taken.

Teaching Awards - Beginning Teacher Winner

None of that would stop Ms Gunn from keeping the kids active and engaged. With a colleague, she formed the Oakridge Community Action Committee. She became a seasoned grant-proposal writer and got an after-school program started. As a result, students have been introduced to swimming, soccer, tennis and playground games. For many of the students, these were completely new experiences. She’s arranged to have skates sharpened and helmets supplied. And to ensure everyone has a chance to participate, she arranged for transportation back to the apartment complex, too.

You'll be exhausted just watching Alicia in action.

Ms Gunn doesn’t slow down inside the classroom either. Her principal calls her teaching “innovative and creative”. She uses a hands-on approach to learning and allows time for experimenting. A teacher of social justice, she selects an “ism” each month and works with her students on understanding the principals of respect, cooperation and common sense.

Yeah, I know it. We have the same shit over here. While learning little about math etc, we are now experts in tolerance. I also had a lesbian teacher.

It's not what teachers are teaching, in my opinion. It's the atmosphere of gang banging, cliques, metal detectors, drug dealings, bullies, etc. Kinda hard to learn anything in that environment. If I had kids that were school age..I would home school them.

It's not what teachers are teaching, in my opinion. It's the atmosphere of gang banging, cliques, metal detectors, drug dealings, bullies, etc. Kinda hard to learn anything in that environment. If I had kids that were school age..I would home school them.
Our school was not like this. You did not have to fear "gangstas" but to leave the school without having learned the things you need for life.

The amazing thing about America's public schools is their ability to change almost overnight.
Think of it 50 states, 13,000 school districts and 3 million teachers all able to change with a new president, or a new policy. Add to that education is a state mandate unless the state wants to accept some federal policies.

The amazing thing about America's public schools is their ability to change almost overnight.
Think of it 50 states, 13,000 school districts and 3 million teachers all able to change with a new president, or a new policy. Add to that education is a state mandate unless the state wants to accept some federal policies.

Yes. there is no 'Federal School System', every school district in the U.S. is an independent, locally run school. If you don't like the Federal controls, then don't take their money. We spend more already than most nations, yet still get crappy results. I seem to remember a couple of generations of schools that had no computers, students had no calculators, no social promotions, and classrooms that were cold in the winters, hot in the spring and summers, no huge building projects, big sports stadiums, all that stuff, yet those generations managed to put people on the Moon, design and build computers, satellites, lasers, artificial limbs, an entire interstate highway system, and on and on and on. They didn't spend near what we spend now in adjusted dollars. Why the differences? Mindless runaway academic sociology, a couple or three generations of 'teachers' who are themselves products of grade inflation and a dumbing down process who have been busy dumbing down current generations.

Home schooling is indeed a better option, and it's actually far cheaper per student to do, something near $800 to $1,500 per year, depending on how much you want to waste on unnecessary toys, compared to my local school district in a town of 15,000 that spends some $8,000 a year and produces a large demographic of halfwitted amoral sociopaths with high self-esteem and three kids apiece, not counting all the new buildings, along with 'administrative offices' that cover half a block now.

Last edited:

Yes. there is no 'Federal School System', every school district in the U.S. is an independent, locally run school. If you don't like the Federal controls, then don't take their money. We spend more already than most nations, yet still get crappy results. I seem to remember a couple of generations of schools that had no computers, students had no calculators, no social promotions, and classrooms that were cold in the winters, hot in the spring and summers, no huge building projects, big sports stadiums, all that stuff, yet those generations managed to put people on the Moon, design and build computers, satellites, lasers, artificial limbs, an entire interstate highway system, and on and on and on. They didn't spend near what we spend now in adjusted dollars. Why the differences? Mindless runaway academic sociology, a couple or three generations of 'teachers' who are themselves products of grade inflation and a dumbing down process who have been busy dumbing down current generations.

Home schooling is indeed a better option, and it's actually far cheaper per student to do, something near $800 to $1,500 per year, depending on how much you want to waste on unnecessary toys, compared to my local school district in a town of 15,000 that spends some $8,000 a year and produces a large demographic of halfwitted amoral sociopaths with high self-esteem and three kids apiece, not counting all the new buildings, along with 'administrative offices' that cover half a block now.
Our local high school had a 75% dropout rate, Those that graduated had some semblance of education, but then in the Forties a new problem emerged, " Juvenile Delinquency", and communities were encouraged, almost mandated, to adopt new policies to keep kids off the streets and in school. To do this schools begin changing their grading system, their course requirements and try to equip every student not just for college but also for a job. We must remember that for every student that enters high school with an IQ over 100 another enters with an IQ below 100. The dropout rate is now part of every school's evaluation.

Our local high school had a 75% dropout rate, Those that graduated had some semblance of education, but then in the Forties a new problem emerged, " Juvenile Delinquency", and communities were encouraged, almost mandated, to adopt new policies to keep kids off the streets and in school. To do this schools begin changing their grading system, their course requirements and try to equip every student not just for college but also for a job. We must remember that for every student that enters high school with an IQ over 100 another enters with an IQ below 100. The dropout rate is now part of every school's evaluation.

Yes. The problem is trying to shove so many into college, when there is no real demand for so many college graduates; many are just wasting their time on academics past the 8th grade. They need more vocational classes and a path to employment. Some of the European and Asian countries fare much better at this, and ironically it's because they use 'old fashioned' western methods, and don't give a rat's ass about their students' 'self esteem' and focus on achievement and results. Check out Singapore's education system, for instance; they spend quite a bit, but also get impressive results. Of course many of these countries are already heavily socialized as a culture and aren't trying to be all things to all peoples; they're practically mono-cultural. The Progressives of the 19th and early 20th century were very big on assimilation, Hull House et al. It wasn't perfect but certainly worked better than the idiocy being promoted now; they're pretty much cheating and screwing over latino immigrant kids in our schools here by making it not only possible but desirable to not assimilate at all. It's 'racist' or something to say or do otherwise. It's more like utterly ridiculous, in practice and results gained..

I've never been a fan of IQ tests, so I don't much stock in them personally.

Last edited:
Yes. The problem is trying to shove so many into college, when there is no real demand for so many college graduates; many are just wasting their time on academics past the 8th grade. They need more vocational classes and a path to employment. S.

This right there. Before I finished my degree I worked as a waiter for almost four years! Even though I had pictures of my own carpentry and woodworking, when I applied for ANY type of construction job they said "Sorry, you have no experience."

So how was I supposed to get experience if no one would even give me a chance?

LOLOLOL

Now imagine if they had vocational carpentry classes in high class, and other such classes. People could actually get meaningful jobs the moment they left highschool or even while still in highschool.

The current public education system renders you USELESS upon graduation (and even if you can do the work, no one wants to take the risk of hiring you and having you fuck up and cause insurance claims/court/etc).

Forum List

Back