Some Inconvenient Facts About Social Security

The issue is really how SS is funded. There is a cap on the taxable income that goes to ss and medicare. Itsonl paid on the first$250000 you make in a year.

The working class pay fica taxes on 100% of their income. The wealthy barely pay 1%-2%

And its not enough, because there isnt enough new income to make up for people living longer and using more money.

They need to raise or remove the cap.
SS is based on the amount you pay…so if you raise the cap, the folks paying more get more.

i agree it’s part of how it’s funded…because it’s set up like a ponzi scheme.

2021-01-06d.jpg

2021-01-06.jpg

d7a2611c0e2fe52cbd22f2a3005ca1a138bddf46e7d19bc2df9e1f4e5820a41e.jpg

SS is based on the amount you pay…so if you raise the cap, the folks paying more get more.

i agree it’s part of how it’s funded…because it’s set up like a ponzi scheme.
Boomers use far more than what they paid.

The issue is really how SS is funded. There is a cap on the taxable income that goes to ss and medicare. Itsonl paid on the first$250000 you make in a year.

The working class pay fica taxes on 100% of their income. The wealthy barely pay 1%-2%

And its not enough, because there isnt enough new income to make up for people living longer and using more money.

There is a cap on the taxable income that goes to ss and medicare. Itsonl paid on the first$250000 you make in a year.

You're mistaken.

They all pay the same rate up to the cap.

Why would that help? Be specific.

Try $160,200 for 2023. You need to research a comment so you are not showing your ass!

Boomers use far more than what they paid.
i don’t disagree…that’s cause it’s set up like a ponzi scheme…taking more from people to pay other people…is rhe hallmark of a ponzi scheme. It fundamentally needs to change..i say we look to Sweden, they had the same problem and successfully changed it

Virtually all of the aged denizens of this great nation express similar opinions on Social Security regardless of political affiliation, to wit: “I paid into Social Security. It’s MY money. I am entitled to get it back when I retire.”
It is our fucking money so stfu!

Lying pos. You scum wanna see blood run, cancel SS.
no no it’s a tax…literally called a tax. You pay 6.2 percent your employer pays the other half for you…unless your are self employed then you pay 12.4 percent of your income.

and you have no right to benefits…see Fleming v Nester 1960

quote where i said it was a right…i’ve literally be highlighting repeatedly it wasn’t
If you can't read your own post, you are honed to the fine edge of a beach ball intellectually.

You said, "rights aren’t based on politics. rights protect us from politics." We were discussing SS. Did you mean this applied to car insurance of something else stupid and off topic?

If you can't read your own post, you are honed to the fine edge of a beach ball intellectually.

You said, "rights aren’t based on politics. rights protect us from politics." We were discussing SS. Did you mean this applied to car insurance of something else stupid and off topic?
wow reading comp is a problem for you. i said that in response to show that it wasn’t a right

Forum List

Back