Some of my best friends are Trump supporters

Interesting, but wow this Russian has impeccable English writing skills, Longknife. I smell the blood of an Englishman!
Nice to read something intelligent and thoughtful here, though. Thanks.

At first, I thought this would be a tongue-in-cheek piece but it turns out to be an interesting view of our current political campaign by a former citizen of the Soviet Union. It also air the viewpoints of some of those friends with clear reasons why they feel the way they do.

Read the full interesting piece @ Articles: Some of my best friends are Trump supporters

Thanks, that was a great article!

I especially liked Ann.

Some of my best friends are Trump supporters
My condolences.

Did you read the article? I strongly recommend it.
Yes, I read it. I'm sure the author has a pet leprechaun, too.

First names only, eh? What is this, Trumps Anonymous?

Step Three: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to Donald Trump."

What part(s) of the article make you suspicious of the author's truthfulness?

And what part of what the people said, led you to characterize it as "turn our will and our lives over to Donald Trump"?

It appears Trump supporters are so incredibly cowardly, they don't want their real names used, and they don't want a single one of their own words quoted.

This is precisely what I have always felt about Trump's Chumps. The kind of people lying on the floor in the fetal position whose fears are easily manipulated. Thus, my signature.

It appears Trump supporters are so incredibly cowardly, they don't want their real names used, and they don't want a single one of their own words quoted.

Says the man who is part of the mob.

YOu expressed some concerns in your previous post.

I asked you what in the article made you have them.

No real names. No quotes. It smacks of fabrication.

There is an obvious and very just reason for "no real names" and it was covered in the article.

No quotes? Quotes mean it is more likely to be truthful?

Are you sure the reason you WANT to NOT believe it, is that is challenges your comforting view of Trump supporters as "uneducated, angry, vengeful, racist, xenophobic, and plain stupid"?

There is an obvious and very just reason for "no real names" and it was covered in the article.

Are you sure the reason you WANT to NOT believe it, is that is challenges your comforting view of Trump supporters as "uneducated, angry, vengeful, racist, xenophobic, and plain stupid"?

Yes actual quotes from actual people make a claim much more truthful.

The reasons for no names was covered in the article. And is quite truthful.

If an author is dishonest enough to make up people, imo, he is probably dishonest enough to make up quotes from them too.

I GUESS that there would be a section of writers dishonest enough to lie, and skilled enough to be published BUT not skilled enough to come up with convincing quotes for the people they made up.

But that seems a weak foundation to leap to the conclusion that the article must be fiction.

If an author is dishonest enough to make up people, imo, he is probably dishonest enough to make up quotes from them too.

I GUESS that there would be a section of writers dishonest enough to lie, and skilled enough to be published BUT not skilled enough to come up with convincing quotes for the people they made up.

But that seems a weak foundation to leap to the conclusion that the article must be fiction.

There is nothing verifiable as fact in that opinion piece. You feel it must be true.

Life in the bubble is why Fox is the #1 rated cable news program.

There is nothing verifiable as fact in that opinion piece. You feel it must be true.

Life in the bubble is why Fox is the #1 rated cable news program.

It is a listing of people and their opinions.

Asking for verifiable facts is an odd request.

The individual belief systems presented by each person is far more believable than that presented by the Conventional Wisdom, ie that they must all be "uneducated, angry, vengeful, racist, xenophobic, and plain stupid".

This is precisely what I have always felt about Trump's Chumps. The kind of people lying on the floor in the fetal position whose fears are easily manipulated. Thus, my signature.

Then, instead of hiding your views behind your ridiculous User Name, why don't you provide YOUR full name.

Forum List

Back