Something the gop has forgotten

ron4342

VIP Member
Feb 29, 2012
I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better. They will not vote for a candidate or party that makes their life worse. Doing so would be stupidity in the extreme. The gop has forgotten this and believe that making peoples lives harder and more difficult is a winning plan.
If you are on the edge of poverty and fighting to survive each day are you going to vote for a candidate or party that wants to cut food stamps or welfare. And yes, you should get a job but what if that job is minimum wage. Or what if no jobs are available? Are you going to vote for the candidate who is against jobs bills and raising minimum wage? Are you going to vote for a candidate who wants to make sure you are denied medical care? The bottom line is you will vote for the candidate and party that makes your life better.
Just for the hell of it I have posted a segment of the republican party platform from the Eisenhower years. Think of what the republican party was for then and what it is for now.
"We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations."

"Continuance of the vigorous SEC policies which are providing maximum protection to the investor and maximum opportunity for the financing of small business without costly red tape."

"The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million."

"All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions."

"Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;"

"We recommend to Congress the submission of a constitutional amendment providing equal rights for men and women."

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system."

Read more:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1681168-1956-republican-platform-what-happened-eisenhowers.html#ixzz2xqqVQApo

The republican party of today is against almost EVERY ONE of these positions. Is it any wonder only about 25% of Americans consider themselves republicans. Oh, and I should point out that number is getting smaller.

Last edited:
I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better.

Oh, sure another "i left the republican party" thread from someone who is clearly full blown LOLberal.

And I haven't seen, in all my years, a candidate make lives better. they fuck up everything they touch. Which is why they were never supposed to have such authority in the first place.

Besides that, the social safety net from that day has come to it's ultimate mathematical conclusion. It's a net drag on the entire economy. It's making productive people into sloths and ultimately, it will collapse. I think republicans , even if in rhetoric only, are on the cutting edge of this realization.

While democrats do not seem to have clue #1 about the pending financial calamity associated with largess welfare.

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better.
Oh, sure another "i left the republican party" thread from someone who is clearly full blown LOLberal.

And I haven't seen, in all my years, a candidate make lives better. they fuck up everything they touch. Which is why they were never supposed to have such authority in the first place.
Indeed. another MORON that leaves the dark side and goes to the darker side.

:eusa_clap:

That's what bed wetters don't understand.

NOT ONE PERSON ON EARTH IS HERE YOUR LIFE BETTER!!!!

Besides yourself of course.

If you're insipid enough to believe that ANYONE is going to seek public office to "make YOUR LIFE better" you need to cut your throat and jump into a sewage treatment tank, thus performing the abortion you should have gotten retroactively.

The only politician anyone with any brains will even consider voting for are those who promise to reduce the power of government, and we must remain vigilant to remove them upon their corruption.

If you vote for people who promise to give you anything (being mindful that they're STEALING from someone else to do so) you're an oxygen thief, a liability and a parasite.

Last edited:
Besides that, the social safety net from that day has come to it's ultimate mathematical conclusion. It's a net drag on the entire economy. It's making productive people into sloths and ultimately, it will collapse. I think republicans , even if in rhetoric only, are on the cutting edge of this realization.

While democrats do not seem to have clue #1 about the pending financial calamity associated with largess welfare.

On that point I disagree...

The democrooks can not possibly be stupid enough to believe what they are doing will result in anything less than the complete destruction of the country.

Mindless little bed wetting drone posters here might be too stupid too see it, but their puppet master can not possibly be.

You sir, must be FUCKING blind. Are you telling me that Social Security hasn't made people's lives better? Are you telling me that the federal interstate system hasn't made lives better? Are you telling me that safe food, water, and medicines haven't made people's lives better? Are you telling me that safer cars and safer air travel haven't made peoples lives better? Are you telling me that Medicare and Medicaid haven't made peoples lives better? Are you telling me that getting medical insurance for millions hasn't made their lives better? All of the things I have mentioned above and hundreds more did not just happen! They happened because politicians and the government made them happen. You must really be a dumb shit if you can look around and not see how the government has made people's lives better. Live in Somalia for a month and then, after you are done kissing the ground upon your return, tell me politicians and the government haven't made lives better.

After voting straight Republican (with a single exception made at Bill Buckley's request) for decades, I stopped voting in 2006. I should have stopped sooner.

I did not, and probably will never, vote Democratic because since shortly after I was born, the Democratic Party became the Nanny State party. The first question they ask when confronted with any problem is, "What is the government going to do about this?" And they then proceed to make the problem worse.

The Democratic solution to really bad government is more government. Not better government.

Then, somehwere in the mid-90s, the Republican Party began to lose its way, too. It became a party which began shedding its principles in exchange for centralized power. This molting process is now complete. The GOP is now an entirely new creature. One which only mimics the GOP of old, paying mere lip service to those long retired principles.

By way of illustration, take Mark Sanford. Here was a married Republican who abandoned his post as Governor in order to run down to Argentina to hump his mistress, instructing his aides to lie to the People of his state and tell them he was hiking the Appalachian Trail, as if he was out replenishing the hardy pioneer blood of our ancestors. Upon being caught returning at the airport, this bozo openly bragged about his "soul mate" whenever anyone put a microphone to his face.

When asked to resign, this man who wore his religious conservative principles on his sleeve had the unbelievable gall to use the Bible to explain why he would not resign as Governor!

So how did the GOP reward this vile, adulterous, hypocrite when he left office at the end of his term?

They elevated him to federal office! Over other Republican candidates who had not sullied the GOP brand. In my younger days, we used to say "he couldn't get elected dogcatcher now" about people like Sanford. Today, the GOP promotes you to the federal level. A serial adulterer like Newt Gingrich, who was also an active agent for the GSEs which led up to the economic crash, was nearly chosen as the GOP candidate for President. Instead, they chose the guy who invented ObamaCare when he was Governor.

Some alleged conservatives, as they read this, are mentally constructing a list of crimes committed by Democrats along the same lines as Sanford. What they fail to comprehend is the Democratic Party has never attached Christianity or upright behavior to its brand. These rubes don't get the difference between being a degenerate and being a hypocritical degenerate.

And that is what we have today. A party of degenerates, psychopaths, liars, and thieves; opposed by a party of hypocritical degenerates, psychopaths, liars, and thieves.

This has become about Power. Not about America. Not any more.

Everything else is theater for the rubes.

Last edited:

You sir, must be FUCKING blind. Are you telling me that Social Security hasn't made people's lives better? Are you telling me that the federal interstate system hasn't made lives better? Are you telling me that safe food, water, and medicines haven't made people's lives better? Are you telling me that safer cars and safer air travel haven't made peoples lives better? Are you telling me that Medicare and Medicaid haven't made peoples lives better? Are you telling me that getting medical insurance for millions hasn't made their lives better? All of the things I have mentioned above and hundreds more did not just happen! They happened because politicians and the government made them happen. You must really be a dumb shit if you can look around and not see how the government has made people's lives better. Live in Somalia for a month and then, after you are done kissing the ground upon your return, tell me politicians and the government haven't made lives better.
Next time? Embolden and underline with a larger font. :lol:

Better to let people die in the street. Have I captured your true feelings?

Yeah, making people dependent on government for something as personal and important as retirement is a postive outcome right?

Fucking retard, the democrooks can have you as if they didn't all along.

/ignore.

Better if you had been sucked down a planned parenthood drain.

:eusa_clap:

That's what bed wetters don't understand.

NOT ONE PERSON ON EARTH IS HERE YOUR LIFE BETTER!!!!

Besides yourself of course.

If you're insipid enough to believe that ANYONE is going to seek public office to "make YOUR LIFE better" you need to cut your throat and jump into a sewage treatment tank, thus performing the abortion you should have gotten retroactively.

The only politician anyone with any brains will even consider voting for are those who promise to reduce the power of government, and we must remain vigilant to remove them upon their corruption.

If you vote for people who promise to give you anything (being mindful that they're STEALING from someone else to do so) you're an oxygen thief, a liability and a parasite.

Wow....Big Fonts. That must mean you have something important to say

Government doesn't make your life better?

Roads, medical research, security, fire protection, environmental protection, schools, weather satellites....

Nothing they do makes your life better?

These people want 1785 and nothing else really matters. They make the extreme left look sane.:eek:

I left the gop because it has forgotten a very basic and important rule. That rule is that people (republican excluded) will vote for the candidate and party that makes their life better. They will not vote for a candidate or party that makes their life worse. Doing so would be stupidity in the extreme. The gop has forgotten this and believe that making peoples lives harder and more difficult is a winning plan.
If you are on the edge of poverty and fighting to survive each day are you going to vote for a candidate or party that wants to cut food stamps or welfare. And yes, you should get a job but what if that job is minimum wage. Or what if no jobs are available? Are you going to vote for the candidate who is against jobs bills and raising minimum wage? Are you going to vote for a candidate who wants to make sure you are denied medical care? The bottom line is you will vote for the candidate and party that makes your life better.
Just for the hell of it I have posted a segment of the republican party platform from the Eisenhower years. Think of what the republican party was for then and what it is for now.
"We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations."

"Continuance of the vigorous SEC policies which are providing maximum protection to the investor and maximum opportunity for the financing of small business without costly red tape."

"The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million."

"All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions."

"Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;"

"We recommend to Congress the submission of a constitutional amendment providing equal rights for men and women."

"We shall continue to seek extension and perfection of a sound social security system."

Read more:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1681168-1956-republican-platform-what-happened-eisenhowers.html#ixzz2xqqVQApo

The republican party of today is against almost EVERY ONE of these positions. Is it any wonder only about 25% of Americans consider themselves republicans. Oh, and I should point out that number is getting smaller.

Well then, the progressives and Democratic party has failed. I'm sure you'll try and blame BOOOSH!, after all he is the most evil and most powerful POTUS of all time, and yet, this is after 4 solid years of OBAMA'S REGIME. A thinking person would wonder where the Democrats have gone wrong.

I sure am...

Shrinking Middle Class

Pew report: City's middle class is shrinking - Philly.com

Retailers experience a shrinking middle*class

On that point I disagree...

The democrooks can not possibly be stupid enough to believe what they are doing will result in anything less than the complete destruction of the country.

Mindless little bed wetting drone posters here might be too stupid too see it, but their puppet master can not possibly be.

You give them too much credit.

Forum List

Back