South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

Wishful thinking is what makes a state with 7 deaths a “hot spot”.
Let's see, where have I heard idiocy like that before? Hmmmmmm. I know. Trump was touting the fact that the US had only 15 cases. Two weeks later it was 4,643. Some people just can't grasp the concept of exponential spread.

"The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike."
So berg-stein....would you rather be in South Dakota or nyc right now?

POS

Wishful thinking is what makes a state with 7 deaths a “hot spot”.
Let's see, where have I heard idiocy like that before? Hmmmmmm. I know. Trump was touting the fact that the US had only 15 cases. Two weeks later it was 4,643. Some people just can't grasp the concept of exponential spread.

"The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike."
So berg-stein....would you rather be in South Dakota or nyc right now?

POS
Either as he is a foreign Chinese troll. He hates that he cannot live in America, so he bashes it.

It occurs to me to wonder (if you believe Thailands numbers) how a place that has a city like Bangkok (population 8.8 million) and they have very few deaths.

While I am sure much of the city is O.K., there are places where people are stacked on top of each other in third world conditions.

If New York can't keep it contained....how does Bangkok.

Just wonderin'
The exponential rise of cases in SD has began. Heck of a job, Kristi.

‘It Really Is the Perfect Storm’: Coronavirus Comes for Rural America

“One of the negatives of living in a rural community is you think it protects you somehow,” says Leibrand, who for years has also been the health officer—a sort of local surgeon general—of the county, a sprawling expanse of rich alluvial farmland, exurban bedroom communities and steep Cascade peaks midway between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. “We get a little bit cavalier, a little lazy about social distancing.” On April 1, Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota—one of five states, all in the central heartland, without stay-at-home orders—defended her decision to leave South Dakotans “free to exercise their rights to work, to worship, and to play” by saying, “South Dakota is not New York City, and our sense of personal responsibility, our resiliency and our already sparse population density put us in a great position to manage this virus” without resorting to the “draconian” measures taken elsewhere.

Complacency is fast fading, however, as rural residents realize that, far from being immune, they may be uniquely vulnerable when the epidemic reaches them. Even as Noem spoke, Covid-19 was spreading at a Sioux Falls meatpacking plant that subsequently closed after more than 300 workers fell sick, and local officials across the state begged her to issue shutdown and shelter-in-place orders."

Happy Easter berg...oh I forgot. Sorry.

Anyhow SD has had a total of 6 deaths. NYC which did institute draconian measures has had 16000.

Care to apply some Pharisee logic there?

Is this your definition of “exponential? Yesterday 180 new cases. Today 143. In what world is that exponential growth?

oy vey
What were the figure for the last week?

Berg-stein Claimed an “exponential growth.” He was hoping and wishing.
You can't claim it's not with only 2 data points. Can you provide more to prove your point?

Where did you get that rule? How many data points did the op provide?
So, not so good at math then?

Look, you wanna contradict what he said or not?

No more deaths and new cases dropped yet again today in SD. You want any more assistance in “exponential growth” just let me know.
Still.going up steadily. Also need the governor say S.D. would not "reopen" anytime soon as their peak is predicted for mid June.

Bangkok isn’t saddled with AOC, Cuomo, deblasio, Schumer and Al Sharpton. Bangkok didn’t waste almost 200 million dollars on LGBT services. And Bangkok didn’t have government ministers saying “you are racist if you don’t go out and mix”.

So you believe their numbers ?

I am not challenging....just asking.

No. I believe nothing they say.

You asked if it would change "TOMORROW" and I said not materially.
And that was retarded, obviously. And you are not using the word "materially" correctly anyway.
To a significant extent or degree; substantially.

11.2 to 11.8 is NOT material.
Of course, it is, as are 2000 deaths in a single day. Youre wrong and you should probably shut up immediately.

Or, we can look at it as a matter of opinion. Yours is that 2000 deaths per day from a pandemic is not important. How nauseating. Slap yourself and get better morals.

Of course, it is, as are 2000 deaths in a single day. Youre wrong and you should probably shut up immediately.
Or, we can look at it as a matter of opinion. Yours is that 2000 deaths per day from a pandemic is not important. How nauseating. Slap yourself and get better morals.
We should not be shutting our economy down just because of a flu bug.

You asked if it would change "TOMORROW" and I said not materially.
And that was retarded, obviously. And you are not using the word "materially" correctly anyway.
To a significant extent or degree; substantially.

11.2 to 11.8 is NOT material.

2k out of 330mil. 11.24 to 11.8. IS NOT materially significant.

The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation lowered its predicted death toll by more than 8,000 on Friday, only four days after their previous calculation, noting that most people have followed the health guidelines put in place by both state and federal governments.

The total number of deaths from the model was 68,841 (with an estimated range of 30,188 to 175,965) but was updated to 60,308 (with an estimated range of 34,063 to 140,381). You also keep avoiding my question. Man up.

It was also concluded that the United States "may have" reached the peak of the virus earlier this week when 2,481 people died on Wednesday.

The evaluation also revealed that some states may be able to relax some of their social distancing measures "as early as May 4." They specifically noted that Vermont, West Virginia, Montana, and Hawaii were the states that could be able to reopen sooner than other states, including Iowa, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Utah, Arkansas, and Oklahoma, who may need to wait until late June or early July.

Of course, as a one day change due to 2000 deaths, it is very significant. Go peddle your cultism to someone else, i'm not buying.

The total number of deaths from the model was 68,841 (with an estimated range of 30,188 to 175,965) but was updated to 60,308 (with an estimated range of 34,063 to 140,381)
Yes idiot, I, posted the actual, updated study. You didnt even open the link.

The numbers, by the way, counted on a steep dropoff in deaths three days ago. That didnt happen. Like, they were way off in their projected numbers for yesterday, for example. So, obviously, they are going to have to update it again.

You also keep avoiding my question.
What's your question? I k ow its going to be stupid, but fire away.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.

Define Hot Spot?
South Dakota ranks way down n the list of states

Of course, as a one day change due to 2000 deaths, it is very significant. Go peddle your cultism to someone else, i'm not buying.

The total number of deaths from the model was 68,841 (with an estimated range of 30,188 to 175,965) but was updated to 60,308 (with an estimated range of 34,063 to 140,381)
Yes idiot, I, posted the actual, updated study. You didnt even open the link.

The numbers, by the way, counted on a steep dropoff in deaths three days ago. That didnt happen. Like, they were way off in their projected numbers for yesterday, for example. So, obviously, they are going to have to update it again.

You also keep avoiding my question.
What's your question? I k ow its going to be stupid, but fire away.
When would you end the lock down? You seen overly critical of everyone. You ignore every study. So when would you end the lock down? I look forward to seeing your answer and additional insults. LOL

When would you end the lock down?
I do not know. The antibody tests and the clinical trials on possible treatments are going to determine that. Ask me again when those results are available.
You don't know is right. Antibody tests may take as long as a vaccine Birx said. Treatments exist. Whether you believe them or not. Every day we wait our economy dies a little more.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.

Sweden and South Dakota learned their lessons the hard way.

Forum List

Back