South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

Is 11.82 materially different than 11.24?
Yes, by 2000 human beings, you freak.
2k out of 330mil is statistically insignificant. We lose 100k to a bad flu season. What else you got?
Tell me..when you were sick..just how 'statistically insignificant' you felt? You false equivalency is wearing thin...this is not the flu--and we all know it. This is what it looks like when the strategy is working..it looks like it was unnecessary...

If u want...tell what do you see today as looking like...if we had treated this a 'just another bad flu season'?

Would we be better off..worse? how do you think the supply chains would look, right now? Everyone mentions the economic pain as being unnecessary..but if this virus had been allowed to rage through the country..i could have gotten worse in ways you might no think of. Nursing homes becoming charnel houses..is happening already in few places. Small town America roadblocking the interstates off ramps--rolling brownouts--total chaos at the hospitals...battlefield triage....anyway--my point is we had to do exactly what we are doing....and I think it's working..and I think the price is worth it. Am I overstating? Maybe..but a Govt. has to plan for the worst can happen..or else it will.

Pretty sure I'm not alone, either.

I did not realize it was COVID until the end of the illness. I have had worse. Relax, snowflake.
LOL...I like snowflakes...pretty...and hide the garbage!

Anyway..I'm not worried..just smart. Since i have no particular ax to grind on this issue....i don't have to bend myself into a pretzel as some do..to defend silly stuff.

Treatments exist.
False. No effective treatments exist. We are waiting for the clinical trials. You are spreading lies.
Why did you post that link to me? That's very preliminary results of one clinical trial. That doesn't contradict anything i said.

But , if you posted just to point at something we can put our hope in, okay. Let's hope it is shown to be effective.

Treatments exist.
False. No effective treatments exist. We are waiting for the clinical trials. You are spreading lies.
Why did you post that link to me? That's very preliminary results of one clinical trial. That doesn't contradict anything i said.

But , if you posted just to point at something we can put our hope in, okay. Let's hope it is shown to be effective.
We have treatments that have worked. It confirms it.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.

Hotspot??? :auiqs.jpg: When your loony Goddard published that 5 full days ago, S. Dakota had suffered 6 Chinavirus deaths. Now they are all the way up to - drum roll, please - 7!!! Woo … that's some hotspot!!

JFTR, Goddard is a MORON and those who read his silliness are even dimmer.
Those who post it here are the dimmest humans on the planet. Congrats!! :beer:

SD has 800 cases reported in a huge state with miles of roadway between cities....many towns are very small and secluded...I don't know who labeled them a new hot spot but they are near the bottom of new cases just above HI....so I'm guessing more fake news is linked to this thread....The first casualty of this virus was the truth.....and dems just can't shake lying about it....how sad....

I think specifically the problem is Sioux Falls. Smithfield Farms is now shut down due to the number of virus outbreaks at its facility. This brings into question the future of our country's food supply and how vulnerable it may be if workers are catching the virus from the public and spreading it at work. I think those states where our essential workers are employed not just at your local grocery store but at facilities that serve the country have a responsibility to ensure their safety. Clearly not happening in South Dakota.
Word is the Chinese owners were the infectious agents.

SD has 800 cases reported in a huge state with miles of roadway between cities....many towns are very small and secluded...I don't know who labeled them a new hot spot but they are near the bottom of new cases just above HI....so I'm guessing more fake news is linked to this thread....The first casualty of this virus was the truth.....and dems just can't shake lying about it....how sad....

I think specifically the problem is Sioux Falls. Smithfield Farms is now shut down due to the number of virus outbreaks at its facility. This brings into question the future of our country's food supply and how vulnerable it may be if workers are catching the virus from the public and spreading it at work. I think those states where our essential workers are employed not just at your local grocery store but at facilities that serve the country have a responsibility to ensure their safety. Clearly not happening in South Dakota.
Word is the Chinese owners were the infectious agents.
LOL! Is that...the word? Should I capitalize it..The Word?

Did a search...to link The Word..found some fun stuff..that was the only link i could find...so i guess that's the dog whistle? The Right would become unhinged if the allegation were true--proof a Chinese rich boy infected a couple of thousand American's. It would amuse me when the immigrants all are sneering at would magically, in the course of one news cycle, be transformed into loyal Americans..killed by the Dastardly Chinese!

this is actually a fairly sane report...after you get past the attempt to link the virus with the Chinese owners..who are alleged to have visited a month after Trump banned travel! This would be a crime, yes? Anyway..all anon sources..nothing to verify. Is it made up? who knows..i treat all such stuff like that..until I get some proof.

the article did confirm that there are a number of meat-processing plant across the country have issues..albeit none the scale of Smithfield.

Brief quote:

While Smithfield’s Sioux Falls plant isn’t the only U.S. meat-processing facility with confirmed COVID-19 cases among employees, the scale of its outbreak is by far the worst.
Sanderson Farms, the third-largest poultry producer in the U.S., reported in early April that 15 of its employees tested positive for the CCP virus. Tyson Foods, the world’s second-largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork, on April 14 reported 30 confirmed cases at one of its Washington plants.
Maple Leaf Foods, Cargill, West Liberty Foods, and JBS have also closed some plants after employees or local residents were confirmed to have COVID-19.
Meat producers and processors have temporarily shuttered plants and reduced production as they carried out measures to prevent outbreaks. The industry is also rapidly adjusting to a massive shift in demand toward supermarkets and away from restaurants, schools, and other commercial clients that have been shut down amid the pandemic.

Meat department retail sales were 41 percent higher at the beginning of April compared to the same time last year, according to 210 Analytics.

180 new cases Friday.

The deaths come later

Well you got to feel Good Friday. But declines the last two days. Not exponential growth.

Some HOT SPOT.

Fewer cases than New York has deaths by far.

And still a whopping 7 deaths.

MarcATL want to come back and explain to us again....how this is a HOT SPOT ?

Or is he just repeating left wing batshit.

It’s not a hotspot. Liberals lie. And they were in the wishful thinking mode. And their evil means that death, pain or economic damage to Americans works to their advantage. So they have to pull for a virus when not pulling for the Chinese.

180 new cases Friday.

The deaths come later

Hey whatever happened to “we need 50000 ventilators and Trump is a meanie!”

Didnt need them did you. Nor did the Kurds get slaughtered...Iran didn’t annihilate us...and China didn’t defeat us in a trade war. Where America wins you lose.

Forum List

Back