South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

You put people on ignore?
Yes, a few. Just like you do with facts that dont support your cultism.
That is so weak sauce. Why would you do that? I am genuinely curious.
Because some trolls just say dumb shit on purpose that they don't even believe, and threads are easier to follow with them on ignore.
Same could be said for you? Your debate with flac where you consistently ignored the facts he posted even frustrated him. Don't ignore. Its weak.

Your debate with flac where you consistently ignored the facts he posted even frustrated him.
Because his facts were irrelevant and meant to support the idiotic conspiracy theory that doctors are avoiding treating patients to have them for clinical trials. Thats a vile and retarded accusation, and he should be ashamed of himself for making that argument. And you and i both know the only reason an otherwise intelligent and rational person would argue something so retarded is because he is brainwashed by trump cultism.

Always glad to clarify.

Wishful thinking is what makes a state with 7 deaths a “hot spot”.
Let's see, where have I heard idiocy like that before? Hmmmmmm. I know. Trump was touting the fact that the US had only 15 cases. Two weeks later it was 4,643. Some people just can't grasp the concept of exponential spread.

"The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike."
So berg-stein....would you rather be in South Dakota or nyc right now?

POS
Either as he is a foreign Chinese troll. He hates that he cannot live in America, so he bashes it.

The Chinese have long controlled these people. We should take note of the satanic coincidence of a virus unleashed upon us by Chinese Communists while others use it to attack our president and economy.

Wishful thinking is what makes a state with 7 deaths a “hot spot”.
Let's see, where have I heard idiocy like that before? Hmmmmmm. I know. Trump was touting the fact that the US had only 15 cases. Two weeks later it was 4,643. Some people just can't grasp the concept of exponential spread.

"The bump in coronavirus cases is most pronounced in states without stay at home orders. Oklahoma saw a 53% increase in cases over the past week, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Over same time, cases jumped 60% in Arkansas, 74% in Nebraska, and 82% in Iowa. South Dakota saw a whopping 205% spike."
So berg-stein....would you rather be in South Dakota or nyc right now?

POS
Either as he is a foreign Chinese troll. He hates that he cannot live in America, so he bashes it.

The Chinese have long controlled these people. We should take note of the satanic coincidence of a virus unleashed upon us by Chinese Communists while others use it to attack our president and economy.
You see here the freakish results of brainwashing. Had Trump come out and said what the scientists were saying and taken this seriously, not one of these cultists would be tripling down on this horseshit.

“As governors across the country fell into line in recent weeks, South Dakota’s top elected leader stood firm: There would be no statewide order to stay home,” the Washington Post reports.

Sweden and South Dakota learned their lessons the hard way.
Actually there weren't any lessons to learn.

BIG LIE!

The most famous example of the "big lie" is the Salem Witch Trials, where four bored teenage girls convinced their pastor they were possessed by the devil and that dozens of people in their community were agents of Satan. The pastor, in turn, convinced most of Massachusetts that the colony was inundated with witches.

Even though it's hard to imagine today, some 200 people were arrested over the next year. One poor man, Giles Corey, was crushed to death under a pile of giant rocks because he wouldn't confess to being a witch.

And what happened to those who did confess? They were forced to name more witches. Then they were hanged. Before anyone came to their senses, 30 people were put to death.

We "modern" Americans look back at these events and wonder how anyone could have taken seriously a bunch of teenagers prattling on about witches and devils.

But don't be too proud... A court in Arkansas sent three teenage boys to prison in 1994 for murders they couldn't have possibly committed, mostly because the jury firmly believed they were devil worshippers and thought they'd used black magic to pull off the crime.

And with COVID-19, Americans have become just as irrational as those Salem witch hunters or that Arkansas jury.

Your debate with flac where you consistently ignored the facts he posted even frustrated him.
Because his facts were irrelevant and meant to support the idiotic conspiracy theory that doctors are avoiding treating patients to have them for clinical trials. Thats a vile and retarded accusation, and he should be ashamed of himself for making that argument. And you and i both know the only reason an otherwise intelligent and rational person would argue something so retarded is because he is brainwashed by trump cultism.

Always glad to clarify.
You have mental issues. You need professional help.

Some HOT SPOT.

Fewer cases than New York has deaths by far.

And still a whopping 7 deaths.

MarcATL want to come back and explain to us again....how this is a HOT SPOT ?

Or is he just repeating left wing batshit.
I guess I can be the stunt double..they are calling it a hot spot because of the per capita number of cases and the trending numbers. You posted the graph yourself....look at your zero point...count the number of days until today..take that slice and render it into a per capita reading..graph it. Now I'm not saying we're going to have a mass increase of cases in the future..prognostication is not my game...but using the term 'hot spot' is accurate if your comparison to other areas in the US bears out your conclusion..since it does not..in this case, SD was...and still may be, a hot spot. Raw numbers don't really tell the whole story--BTW..I know that you know --that using mortality rates is a goof--number of cases is what we're talking about. I'm pleased that the morbidity of the virus is staying low..good sign.

Some HOT SPOT.

I guess I can be the stunt double..they are calling it a hot spot because of the per capita number of cases and the trending numbers. You posted the graph yourself....look at your zero point...count the number of days until today..take that slice and render it into a per capita reading..graph it. Now I'm not saying we're going to have a mass increase of cases in the future..prognostication is not my game...but using the term 'hot spot' is accurate if your comparison to other areas in the US bears out your conclusion..since it does not..in this case, SD was...and still may be, a hot spot. Raw numbers don't really tell the whole story--BTW..I know that you know --that using mortality rates is a goof--number of cases is what we're talking about. I'm pleased that the morbidity of the virus is staying low..good sign.

A reasonable response.

I would add that the number of cases as a percentage of population is also important to look at.

Sound Dakota has 750,000 people. So the number of cases getting to 1,000 says that we are looking at .13% of the population. That is still to small a number to be able to make many statements about. But, for now, I'll go with your comment.

However, it isn't clear if you are saying it fits or not.

There was a rapid rise and it may be that they are already in decline.

Also, the OP highlited a meat packing plant that was an infection zone.....

If you take those numbers out.....look at what remains and S.D is anything but a hot spot.

This is evidenced by not only the number of deaths, but the rate at which they occur.

Always glad to clarify.
Neato!

So, what was your question?

Is 11.82 materially different than 11.24?
Yes, by 2000 human beings, you freak.
2k out of 330mil is statistically insignificant. We lose 100k to a bad flu season. What else you got?
Tell me..when you were sick..just how 'statistically insignificant' you felt? You false equivalency is wearing thin...this is not the flu--and we all know it. This is what it looks like when the strategy is working..it looks like it was unnecessary...

If u want...tell what do you see today as looking like...if we had treated this a 'just another bad flu season'?

Would we be better off..worse? how do you think the supply chains would look, right now? Everyone mentions the economic pain as being unnecessary..but if this virus had been allowed to rage through the country..i could have gotten worse in ways you might no think of. Nursing homes becoming charnel houses..is happening already in few places. Small town America roadblocking the interstates off ramps--rolling brownouts--total chaos at the hospitals...battlefield triage....anyway--my point is we had to do exactly what we are doing....and I think it's working..and I think the price is worth it. Am I overstating? Maybe..but a Govt. has to plan for the worst can happen..or else it will.

Pretty sure I'm not alone, either.

Texas has 30 million residents, and 400 deaths. of course they should re-open, my friends!

Always glad to clarify.
Neato!

You answered it. Dementia?

2k out of 330mil is statistically insignificant. We lose 100k to a bad flu season. What else you got?
Tell me..when you were sick..just how 'statistically insignificant' you felt? You false equivalency is wearing thin...this is not the flu--and we all know it. This is what it looks like when the strategy is working..it looks like it was unnecessary...

If u want...tell what do you see today as looking like...if we had treated this a 'just another bad flu season'?

Would we be better off..worse? how do you think the supply chains would look, right now? Everyone mentions the economic pain as being unnecessary..but if this virus had been allowed to rage through the country..i could have gotten worse in ways you might no think of. Nursing homes becoming charnel houses..is happening already in few places. Small town America roadblocking the interstates off ramps--rolling brownouts--total chaos at the hospitals...battlefield triage....anyway--my point is we had to do exactly what we are doing....and I think it's working..and I think the price is worth it. Am I overstating? Maybe..but a Govt. has to plan for the worst can happen..or else it will.

I did not realize it was COVID until the end of the illness. I have had worse. Relax, snowflake.

Always glad to clarify.
Neato!

Wait, that was your big question you were whining about? Hahaha...okay. Thanks for wasting my time.

Always glad to clarify.
Neato!

Wait, that was your big question you were whining about? Hahaha...okay. Thanks for wasting my time.
It was, "when would you end the lock down"? You have dementia. And you answered me. Who is wasting whose time?

Some HOT SPOT.

A reasonable response.

I would add that the number of cases as a percentage of population is also important to look at.

Sound Dakota has 750,000 people. So the number of cases getting to 1,000 says that we are looking at .13% of the population. That is still to small a number to be able to make many statements about. But, for now, I'll go with your comment.

However, it isn't clear if you are saying it fits or not.

There was a rapid rise and it may be that they are already in decline.

Also, the OP highlited a meat packing plant that was an infection zone.....

If you take those numbers out.....look at what remains and S.D is anything but a hot spot.

This is evidenced by not only the number of deaths, but the rate at which they occur.
Look at the states population breakdown on a map...look the where the chrono cases cluster..then realize that the vast bulk of the stat's population is clustered..and the other 12% of the population is a virtual virus firewall.

this is the NYT interactive map of SD..up to the minute.

I did not realize it was COVID until the end of the illness. I have had worse. Relax, snowflake.
LOL...I like snowflakes...pretty...and hide the garbage!

Anyway..I'm not worried..just smart. Since i have no particular ax to grind on this issue....i don't have to bend myself into a pretzel as some do..to defend silly stuff.

Errr...ands i see that you chose not to answer the question...shows you're smart as well...LOL!

Forum List

Back