Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump

This is too much. Can you say Fascis?

Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump
The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
I'm surprised Moore was still "in the fold." But the SB's are having trouble letting Trump go.

Not exactly breaking news. But I have some sympathy for them if they see an "assault" on their moral views of transgender folks being able to play sports or whether gay people are different from people who cheat on spouses or drink too much. I don't really agree with them, but ..... live and let live, imo

Is there are reason why lbgtqnation should be taken seriously? It really looks like some wokerista on the editorial board made it up.
Pure idiocy. LBGTQ isn't a "nation." It's a "sexual dysfunction."
There are mult stories on Moore being shown the door. But, again, imo the transgender folks lost a bit when the ceased being about not having kids beaten up for being "sissy" or "butch," and instead being able to play girls' sports.

I had no idea there was a Trump pledge of allegiance that people recited?
Learn something new every day. ... :cool:
No, but there sure was these Obama song's, and every other idolization of the man when he became president, but Trump was a problem for these Wacko's who quickly forgot all that ??

Why not judge the man Trump on his service to the country, and not expect that he should have represented the church or any other social construct known about in this country ?? That's the problem anymore, where as it's not what the citizen's want in a president, and in a majority as long as it's not against the law, but it's more about catering to specialized groups whom want government to force it's specialized bullcrap down everyone's throats against it's will. Trump tried to work to help all in achieving their economic security, but the social issue's trumped that work, otherwise for those who were attempting to destroy Trump over their social issue's. Everyone lost, because the nation is now in grave danger in regards to the world view of this nation.

Nuclear weapons won't shield us forever, and especially with nation's who are watching, and have the same amount of strike capabilities that we have. No one likes being led by a nation of demonic beings, otherwise if that is how they begin viewing us as.

It's a lie. The truth of the matter is that crazy angry lefties long for the days when they supported "real" preachers like Jim Jones.

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

I am not a big fan of Baptists or anyone trained at the Dallas Theological Seminary.
I'm not a big fan of anything Dallas. LOL

Personally, I have a hard time with any religion that tells someone what they need to believe beyond the very basics of there's a supreme being with a plan that somehow promotes treating people decently. All politicians are people who fail to live up to what they espouse. Preachers too.

Animals, kids and sleeping people are off limits though.

The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
A fag site? Oh puh leeeez.

Sunday, May 23, 2021

continued
Best thing that could happen to them. The parallel to the mythical messiah is kicking them in the face. Maybe some.of them will wake up.

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

I am not a big fan of Baptists or anyone trained at the Dallas Theological Seminary.

Personally, I have a hard time with any religion that tells someone what they need to believe beyond the very basics of there's a supreme being with a plan that somehow promotes treating people decently. All politicians are people who fail to live up to what they espouse. Preachers too.

They have really screwed around with scripture and introduced futurism and that charlatan Hal Lindsey.. All this work for 80 years to promote Zionism.

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

They have really screwed around with scripture and introduced futurism and that charlatan Hal Lindsey.. All this work for 80 years to promote Zionism.
Yeah, the literal rapture is bizarre. At least the hindu version of worlds being born and reborn is actually about .... worlds being born and reborn. LOL

It's all good until one partisan side seeks to use religion to promote its own side.

Forum List

Back