Special Counsel Asks Supreme Court To Rule Quickly Whether Trump Can Be Prosecuted

What do you mean “bypass due process”? Why wouldn’t Trump want SCOTUS to make a decision here?
Due process. You know, appeal to the next level of courts, then to the next, eventually to the SC, sometime in the next 3 years or so. IOW, his reason for doing it this way is a transparent attempt to influence the election.

The people have an interest in having this trial before the election.
The defendant has an interest in due process being followed, and his interest TRUMP!'s (see what I did there?) everybody else's.

He is manifestly unfit for the job, if temperament, intelligence, knowledge, empathy, decency, curiosity, honesty, maturity and mental stability are priorities.

He is mentally ill, regularly displaying virtually all of the behaviors associated with Malignant Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

He represents the worst of America with his childish behaviors, and he has emboldened millions of Americans to follow suit.

His instability is dangerous, both domestically and on the world stage. If he returns, our one-time allies will literally no longer trust us.

He has made many comments that make me wonder if he indeed wants to ignore the Constitution and remain in power, with the help of his behaviors.

His authoritarian instincts are abundantly clear, and he regularly praises people like Putin, Xi, Kim, Orban and others for "ruling with an iron fist". His words.

His astonishingly juvenile middle school bully behaviors have metastasized throughout the GQP, spreading to many other legislators

His mental illness creates a fantasy world around him that defies reality, and that is another of his dangerous characteristics that have spread through the GQP.

I know that's all "fake news" to you. I know those aren't good reasons for you. But they're damn good reasons for me.
They are not real tell me the real reason! Those are a description to a t of Joe Biden who is simply allowing Obama a third Presidency without the title, you claim he is a bully but Biden said I would take him behind the wood shed. Put his finger in a guys chest and saidI don't work for you! He sniff children like he isn't sure whether he wants to rape them or eat them!

Due process. You know, appeal to the next level of courts, then to the next, eventually to the SC, sometime in the next 3 years or so. IOW, his reason for doing it this way is a transparent attempt to influence the election.
What harm would Trump suffer by skipping the appellate court and going to SCOTUS?

What harm would Trump suffer by skipping the appellate court and going to SCOTUS?
That's not my call. If he wants to make the trial take longer, he has a lot to say about it as defendant. Why NOT go through the normal process if the prosecutor doesn't want to influence the election?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Special counsel Jack Smith on Monday asked the Supreme Court to take up and rule quickly on whether former President Donald Trump can be prosecuted on charges he plotted to overturn the 2020 election results.

Smith made his request for the court to act with unusual speed to prevent any delays that could push back the trial of the 2024 Republican presidential primary front-runner, currently set to begin on March 4, until after next year’s presidential election.

A federal judge ruled the case could go forward, but Trump signaled he would ask the federal appeals court in Washington to reverse that outcome. Smith is attempting to bypass the appeals court, the usual next step in the process, and have the Supreme Court take up the matter directly.

More at the link below...

SPECIAL COUNSEL PUSHES SCOTUS FOR SPEEDY TRUMP RULING

Wise move by Special Counsel Jack Smith to get speedy SCOTUS ruling. What do you think>
Trump is trying to get his trial moved to beyond the 2024 election. This immunity ploy by Trump is a delaying tactic in furtherance of that goal, and Jack Smith simply won't abide any of Trump's tricks.

Let's hope the Supremes see this bullshit for what it is, too.

That's not my call. If he wants to make the trial take longer, he has a lot to say about it as defendant. Why NOT go through the normal process if the prosecutor doesn't want to influence the election?
If you can’t identify any harm to Trump, then it’s not a violation of due process.

Because as usual, it's Trump that is the one guilty of that of which he accuses others.

He is trying to interfere with the trials in hopes of getting elected and making them go away.b

And those courts will refuse to hear the appeals.
They would refuse to take up the question of whether a president can be charged or not? If random internet keyboard jockeys already know, why not deliberate, give an answer and make the dissatisfied party appeal to the next higher level?

The only reason for expediting this appears to be an attempt to influence the election, and that's a problem.

They would refuse to take up the question of whether a president can be charged or not?
Trump is not president. A president is not charged.

As all normal peole know, the reason to expedite the trials is to get them finished before a corrupt pile of shit can try to make them disappear

Your knew that. You embarrass yourself, with your dishonest questions.

Because as usual, it's Trump that is the one guilty of that of which he accuses others.

He is trying to interfere with the trials in hopes of getting elected and making them go away.b
Uh, massive duh. Of course he wants to influence the election. Unlike the haters, he's actually running.

He's the defendant, and as such, has a lot to say about it. If we were really after justice it would be a no-brainer. As it is, we're seeing a clear attempt to influence the election by holding the trial mid-campaign.

Trump is not president. A president is not charged.

As all normal peole know, the reason to expedite the trials is to get them finished before a corrupt pile of shit can try to make them disappear

Your knew that. You embarrass yourself, with your dishonest questions.
As all normal people know, the reason to expedite the trial is to make them front page news through the campaign season, hoping to damage the defendant's election prospects. If he gets elected and pardons himself, then he's in the clear and the haters will just have to find someone else to cry over. Of course, they won't and will be wailing about him for the next 20 years, but that's their problem.

Forum List

Back