Special Counsel Asks Supreme Court To Rule Quickly Whether Trump Can Be Prosecuted

If you can’t identify any harm to Trump, then it’s not a violation of due process.
I'm not one of his attorneys. That's their job. Neither you nor I can make that call, no matter how awesome we think our keyboard jockey skills and law degrees from McDonald's school of law are.

As all normal people know, the reason to expedite the trial is to make them front page news through the campaign season, hoping to damage the defendant's election prospects. If he gets elected and pardons himself, then he's in the clear and the haters will just have to find someone else to cry over. Of course, they won't and will be wailing about him for the next 20 years, but that's their problem.
You don’t think the electorate has an interest in this matter being settled before the election?

This isn’t about expediting the trial, it’s about avoiding an unnecessary delay. The trial isn’t on hold because he needs to prepare longer, it’s on hold because he is killing time by presenting crazy legal theories without merit.

You don’t think the electorate has an interest in this matter being settled before the election?

This isn’t about expediting the trial, it’s about avoiding an unnecessary delay. The trial isn’t on hold because he needs to prepare longer, it’s on hold because he is killing time by presenting crazy legal theories without merit.
The merit of his claims will not be determined by us. If he wants to legally delay the trial, it's his call.

I'm not one of his attorneys. That's their job. Neither you nor I can make that call, no matter how awesome we think our keyboard jockey skills and law degrees from McDonald's school of law are.
So when you said it was bypassing due process, you were just talking out your ass.

He doesn't have authority to launch nukes, so no.
Nor does he have the authority to make the trial go away, unless he is reelected president. So clearly we are talking about what could happen if he is elected. Come on man, stay with me here.

Define "abusing". Right now it sounds like anything someone does legally that you don't like.
Delaying the trial benefits the defendant. Trump will use any tactic to delay the trial, not because his motions have merit but because he wants every possible advantage.

Delaying the trial benefits the defendant. Trump will use any tactic to delay the trial, not because his motions have merit but because he wants every possible advantage.
And his lawyers have no doubt made it clear to him that he likely faces prison time.

And the only way out of that is getting elected first.

Forum List

Back