Spike Lee to boycott Oscars. No mention of boycotting NBA

Thats an intelligent answer...not. We are just 50 years removed from civil rights and in the midst of a desperate white attempt to remain relevant. There have been plenty of roles played by Black actors that should have gotten an oscar but since whites control who wins then it makes sense they dont award them to Black people as much as they award them to white people. That would be like me thinking pig wrestling was more entertaining than say basketball. Since I am Black I wont think pig wrestling is more entertaining. Wake me when the voters are all Black and then you might have a point.

Bullshit. Pedal your racist crap somewhere else.
Actually you were the racist one when you said no Black actors gave oscar performances. I just agreed you whites would really think that because you are racists.
Don't be mad at us that your community didn't produce anything Oscar worthy. You guys need to learn how to get things based on merit. Don't worry though, we will hand you fuckloads of nominations next year. Not because you deserve it, but because you need to be coddled like children.

Just wait and see.... we will drown you with pity awards in 2016.

Bullshit.... Movie Concussion was an excellent performance by Wil Smith. Fassbender and Cranston rated tomato popo but got the nomination.
Last year 2015 Selma was a good movie but no blacks actors nominated. Oscar committee are consist of 98% whites mostly old men.
I'm not black. They don't need a pity they are just asking what is fair not this bullshit that you are parading.
I didnt see concussion, but I heard a lot of complaints about will smith's accent in it. You cant get an oscar without at least nailing the accent of the character you're playing. Selma wasn't that great last year, so no surprise there.

This year, straight outa compton was good, but not quite oscar worthy. Creed was good, but not oscar worthy, not even for best supporting actor, even though stalone did a good job.

Revenant was my pick for best picture/best actor before I knew it was even considered.
Nobody believes you cave monkey. Try harder to convince us.

[
Last year 2015 Selma was a good movie but no blacks actors nominated. Oscar committee are consist of 98% whites mostly old men.

Selma was just more hate-whitey racist crap. Which is stupid since without he welfare and affirmative action us whites give you blacks, youi'd all be starving.

Actually you were the racist one when you said no Black actors gave oscar performances. I just agreed you whites would really think that because you are racists.
Don't be mad at us that your community didn't produce anything Oscar worthy. You guys need to learn how to get things based on merit. Don't worry though, we will hand you fuckloads of nominations next year. Not because you deserve it, but because you need to be coddled like children.

Bullshit.... Movie Concussion was an excellent performance by Wil Smith. Fassbender and Cranston rated tomato popo but got the nomination.
I'm not black. They don't need a pity they are just asking what is fair not this bullshit that you are parading.
I didnt see concussion, but I heard a lot of complaints about will smith's accent in it. You cant get an oscar without at least nailing the accent of the character you're playing. Selma wasn't that great last year, so no surprise there.

This year, straight outa compton was good, but not quite oscar worthy. Creed was good, but not oscar worthy, not even for best supporting actor, even though stalone did a good job.

Revenant was my pick for best picture/best actor before I knew it was even considered.
Nobody believes you cave monkey. Try harder to convince us.
Why are you calling me cave monkey? I'm white.

Thats an intelligent answer...not. We are just 50 years removed from civil rights and in the midst of a desperate white attempt to remain relevant. There have been plenty of roles played by Black actors that should have gotten an oscar but since whites control who wins then it makes sense they dont award them to Black people as much as they award them to white people. That would be like me thinking pig wrestling was more entertaining than say basketball. Since I am Black I wont think pig wrestling is more entertaining. Wake me when the voters are all Black and then you might have a point.

Maybe the accent was part of the plot.... Do you have link by the way? Compared smith to other nominee is a joke......
Yes I pick Revenant. Best actor and best picture.

[

Selma was just more hate-whitey racist crap. Which is stupid since without he welfare and affirmative action us whites give you blacks, youi'd all be starving.

You need to rebuild yourself in order to earn your credibility.....

Maybe the accent was part of the plot.... Do you have link by the way? Compared smith to other nominee is a joke......
The plot was about a Nigerian doctor, and Will apparently did a pretty terrible job with the accent. Take your pick, and there are plenty more if you do a google search. Honestly, how can you win an Oscar with this much criticism aimed at your performance? At the end of the day, they are basically voting for the best acting performance on earth in 2015. Getting the accent right (or at least close) matters.

Fans don't like Will Smith's accent in his latest movie - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

Wetin E Dey Talk? Nigerians on Twitter Are Side-Eyeing Will Smith’s Nigerian Accent in Concussion

All hail Will Smith and Tom Hardy, Hollywood's bad accent kings

‘Concussion’ Trailer: Will Smith Slammed Online For Nigerian Accent

http://zikoko.com/gist/this-is-how-...mith-concussion-film-trailer-nigerian-accent/

Teaching American actors how to do African accents

It's Racist to Deny Will Smith's Terrible Fake Accent an Oscar

Will Smith Has A REALLY Terrible Nigerian Accent As He Portrays Dr. Bennet Omalu In New Movie ‘Concussion” | that1960chick.com

Will Smith's Terrible Nigerian Accent As Dr. Bennet Omalu In "Concussion” - TV/Movies (1) - Nigeria

Will Smith Has A Terrible Nigerian Accent In Concussion And Nigerians Are Catching Feelings

Last edited:

The plot was about a Nigerian doctor, and Will apparently did a pretty terrible job with the accent. Take your pick, and there are plenty more if you do a google search. Honestly, how can you win an Oscar with this much criticism aimed at your performance? At the end of the day, they are basically voting for the best acting performance on earth in 2015. Getting the accent right (or at least close) matters.

Fans don't like Will Smith's accent in his latest movie - Entertainment - NZ Herald News

Wetin E Dey Talk? Nigerians on Twitter Are Side-Eyeing Will Smith’s Nigerian Accent in Concussion

All hail Will Smith and Tom Hardy, Hollywood's bad accent kings

‘Concussion’ Trailer: Will Smith Slammed Online For Nigerian Accent

http://zikoko.com/gist/this-is-how-...mith-concussion-film-trailer-nigerian-accent/

Teaching American actors how to do African accents

It's Racist to Deny Will Smith's Terrible Fake Accent an Oscar

Will Smith Has A REALLY Terrible Nigerian Accent As He Portrays Dr. Bennet Omalu In New Movie ‘Concussion” | that1960chick.com

Will Smith's Terrible Nigerian Accent As Dr. Bennet Omalu In "Concussion” - TV/Movies (1) - Nigeria

Will Smith Has A Terrible Nigerian Accent In Concussion And Nigerians Are Catching Feelings

In reality the nomination process was already done way before shown to the the public. I saw Revenant from a friend house that work for studio 4 weeks before it open Jan. 8..... only thing it say at the bottom it say *Property of ??????? studio not to be duolicated*..... So the comments and opinions from your links doesn't mean much. I saw Trumbo and Jobs movie those actors were terrible.
Last year 2015 best picture Birdman with Michael Keaton..... don't tell me that was a quality Oscar movie. That was a crap movie.
Also some of the bad comments against Smith are coming from Nigerian actors that doesn't mean he acted bad. Compared to Jobs an Trumbo.

Last edited:
Look man.....in general God created blacks with many having somewhat better athletic ability in the fast twitch muscle sports like football, basketball, track, etc.

But all the races were created equally by God in all other physical and mental abilities. He just decided he'd make blacks on average somewhat better at fast twitch sports.

That's what the media tells us anyway. There are physical differences between blacks and whites/asians but mentally we're all the same!!! Even though all the evidence says blacks are mentally inferior.

AllWhiteDemBallotOScars_zpse4ca0drs.jpg

I like having our own awards. I boycott the Oscars every year because I put more emphasis on the BET awards. I dont even know most of the white actors except the really good ones. Its weird to me that Black people would think white film makers and producers would recognize the scores of incredibly great Black actors when most of their money comes from white audiences.
Ultra-liberal Hollywood is finding the chickens coming home to roost. Blacks have learned to hate and blame whitey from the last 7 years of ObamaNation.

Oscar Voter Rips Diversity Plan: "Try Telling the NBA to Hire More White, Latino, Chinese or Eskimo Players"

This piece is by Stephen Verona, a member of the Academy's directors branch who received a best live action short Oscar nomination for 1969's The Rehearsal, is part of an ongoing series of guest columns by Academy members about the #OscarsSoWhite controversy and the Academy's response to it.
I, too, am an outraged Academy member.
I have been in the Academy since I was nominated in 1972. I am a member of the directors branch, serve on the foreign language committee. I’m one of those “old white guys” who was flabbergasted and then outraged when I saw the position taken by Cheryl Boone Isaacs and the Board of Governors.
I produced as well as co-wrote and co-directed The Lords of Flatbush, which brought my discoveries of Sylvester Stallone and Henry Winkler their first screen appearance long before Rocky and Fonzie. I also gave Gladys Knight her first dramatic acting role in Pipe Dreams.
I never, never hire anyone because of their race, religion or political beliefs. To be lumped in as "racist" by the likes of Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith is totally out of line. I believe talent is what should be honored — gifted individuals who help make movies great.
Try telling the NBA to hire more white, Latino, Chinese or Eskimo basketball players and see the backlash. And by the way, why doesn’t Spike Lee return his honorary Oscar if he’s so incensed? If people make better movies, they will be rewarded. That’s as simple as it can be.

Oscar Voter Rips Diversity Plan: "Try Telling the NBA to Hire More White, Latino, Chinese or Eskimo Players"

My son was raised on basketball and played briefly for a D1 team. Basketball is a very racist sport the higher up you get. You can take a black and white player of equal skill, and the black guy is perceived to be a better player. It's really a weird fraternity.

I will say the white Euro's are making a splash

-Geaux

Hey, but whites get to pretend they're black like that bitch who was in front of the NAACP...... oooops, she was white

-Geaux

Our useless controlled media won't ask him about that. Why do we need racial quotas in the movie biz but not in pro sports??

Spike Lee Boycotts Oscars, Compares Himself to Martin Luther King, Jr.

jan 18 2016 Spike Lee will boycott this year’s Academy Awards after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominated exclusively white actors in top categories for a second consecutive year.

In an Instagram post Monday morning, the Chi-Raq director said he meant “no disrespect” toward ceremony host Chris Rock and Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, but felt compelled to act after seeing this year’s nominations.

“How is it possible for the second consecutive year all 20 contenders under the acting category are white?” Lee wrote in a lengthy post. “And let’s not even get into the other branches. Forty white actors in two years and flava at all. We can’t act?! WTF!!”

So how does it feel that your ilk will be the minority in this country very soon ? :eusa_whistle:

Our useless controlled media won't ask him about that. Why do we need racial quotas in the movie biz but not in pro sports??

jan 18 2016 Spike Lee will boycott this year’s Academy Awards after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominated exclusively white actors in top categories for a second consecutive year.

In an Instagram post Monday morning, the Chi-Raq director said he meant “no disrespect” toward ceremony host Chris Rock and Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs, but felt compelled to act after seeing this year’s nominations.

“How is it possible for the second consecutive year all 20 contenders under the acting category are white?” Lee wrote in a lengthy post. “And let’s not even get into the other branches. Forty white actors in two years and flava at all. We can’t act?! WTF!!”

I had a similar discussion with a coworker on the sports issue several years ago. It was when the Rooney Rule came out in the NFL that said minorities had to be interviewed for head coaching and senior operations positions. This coworker thought that was a good idea. I indicated that I thought it was nothing more than affirmative action.

He said why shouldn't minorities be interviewed. I stated that I didn't have a problem with a minority being interviewed but not because the only reason was they were a minority. I proposed the following to him which, of course, he refused:

1) Make the coaching staffs representative of each race/ethnicity in society
2) Make all the rosters the same way.

He likes #1 but said the players should be based on who the coaches thought provided the best talent. In other words he was say it's OK for things to be based on talent when it's what he likes but based on quotas when it's not.

So how does it feel that your ilk will be the minority in this country very soon ? :eusa_whistle:

How does it feel to know that whatever percentage your kind is in society you'll still be a ******?

How does it feel to know that whatever percentage your kind is in society you'll still be a ******?
Batshit is just letting out his inner Nate Turner.

Wonder if he even considered that no black actor or actress gave an academy level performance in 2015??

Nope. Guess that never crossed his mind.
Why would he consider that when that is not true?
What you are demanding is a participation trophy. Is that really what you want?

Forum List

Back