Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

why do you call this false outrage?

You think its fine for someone to say Dr king was not a very intragle part of the movement?

Do you actually have proof that he said it?

I asked that earlier and got no answer. Oh, wait, you don't have to show proof, you think you are above that.

Immie

why do you call this false outrage?

You think its fine for someone to say Dr king was not a very intragle part of the movement?

What's false about it? Well lets see, First you attributed the Comments to Perry in your OP when they are not his. Then you claim these comments reflect what Most Republicans think.

Let's see false, and false.

Were you not one of the stupid assholes in here telling us it was not fair blame Obama for anything people like Wright, and Ayre's said or did. Just because he spent 20 years in wrights church, and luanched his Political Career in Ayre's Living room?

So now it is ok to attribute what one man said not only to Perry, but to all republicans.

And you wonder why the vast majority of people in here think you are a worthless, Lying, Piece of Garbage.

I suspect in a minute she will ask us to prove a negative.

We are going to have to post links to every single webpage on the entire internet to satisfy her.

Immie

It is evident why you are so misinformed when you get your information from sites like this. I don't believe you have ever read or know anything about David Barton, besides perhaps his Daily Show appearance where he handily defended his positions against Jon Stewart.

Try and do some research and find the quote where David Barton said these racist and vile things. Can you do that?

I wouldn't wait for an answer. She bolted from the thread when Immie posted facts to her.

why do you lie like this?

Unlike you I dont LIVE here

Thanks to your Messiah Obama, and his disciples Harry and Nancy, I have plenty of time to be here. My company closed it's operation because it would no longer be profitable under their anti-business policies. And I have the layoff letter that says this word for word.

On the global front, Barton and company want textbooks to play up clashes with Islamic cultures, particularly where Muslims were the aggressors, and to paint them as part of an ongoing battle between the West and Muslim extremists. Barton argues, for instance, that the Barbary wars, a string of skirmishes over piracy that pitted America against Ottoman vassal states in the 1800s, were the “original war against Islamic Terrorism.” What’s more, the group aims to give history a pro-Republican slant—the most obvious example being their push to swap the term “democratic” for “republican” when describing our system of government. Barton, who was hired by the GOP to do outreach to black churches in the run-up to the 2004 election, has argued elsewhere that African Americans owe their civil rights almost entirely to Republicans and that, given the “atrocious” treatment blacks have gotten at the hands of Democrats, “it might be much more appropriate that … demands for reparations were made to the Democrat Party rather than to the federal government.” He is trying to shoehorn this view into textbooks, partly by shifting the focus of black history away from the civil rights era to the post-Reconstruction period, when blacks were friendlier with Republicans.

Barton and Peter Marshall initially tried to purge the standards of key figures of the civil rights era, such as César Chávez and Thurgood Marshall, though they were forced to back down amid a deafening public uproar. They have since resorted to a more subtle tack; while they concede that people like Martin Luther King Jr. deserve a place in history, they argue that they shouldn’t be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities. As Barton put it, “Only majorities can expand political rights in America’s constitutional society.” Ergo, any rights people of color have were handed to them by whites—in his view, mostly white Republican men.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2010/1001.blake.html

I wouldn't wait for an answer. She bolted from the thread when Immie posted facts to her.

Thanks to your Messiah Obama, and his disciples Harry and Nancy, I have plenty of time to be here. My company closed it's operation because it would no longer be profitable under their anti-business policies. And I have the layoff letter that says this word for word.

why should I believe anything you say

On the global front, Barton and company want textbooks to play up clashes with Islamic cultures, particularly where Muslims were the aggressors, and to paint them as part of an ongoing battle between the West and Muslim extremists. Barton argues, for instance, that the Barbary wars, a string of skirmishes over piracy that pitted America against Ottoman vassal states in the 1800s, were the “original war against Islamic Terrorism.” What’s more, the group aims to give history a pro-Republican slant—the most obvious example being their push to swap the term “democratic” for “republican” when describing our system of government. Barton, who was hired by the GOP to do outreach to black churches in the run-up to the 2004 election, has argued elsewhere that African Americans owe their civil rights almost entirely to Republicans and that, given the “atrocious” treatment blacks have gotten at the hands of Democrats, “it might be much more appropriate that … demands for reparations were made to the Democrat Party rather than to the federal government.” He is trying to shoehorn this view into textbooks, partly by shifting the focus of black history away from the civil rights era to the post-Reconstruction period, when blacks were friendlier with Republicans.

Barton and Peter Marshall initially tried to purge the standards of key figures of the civil rights era, such as César Chávez and Thurgood Marshall, though they were forced to back down amid a deafening public uproar. They have since resorted to a more subtle tack; while they concede that people like Martin Luther King Jr. deserve a place in history, they argue that they shouldn’t be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities. As Barton put it, “Only majorities can expand political rights in America’s constitutional society.” Ergo, any rights people of color have were handed to them by whites—in his view, mostly white Republican men.

Revisionaries - Mariah Blake

So since you just keep on Posting more about Barton and attributing it to Perry and all Conservatives. I take it you will not complain when we do the same to Obama or any other Democrat? I mean you are all about fairness right.

Because he's more trustworthy than you are?

Well, because "truth matters" right?
:dunno:

oh brother...:lol:

In other words, they want a more accurate picture of history. How dare a historian suggest we actually look at history accurately. That doesn't help TM's agenda!

You do realize that ripping quotes out of context doesn't make them say what you are trying to claim right?

I hope you realize that is an opinion piece and does not directly quote Barton nor does it provide proof that he actually thinks those things.

Immie

You do realize your link doesn't actually quote anything David Barton said in context that can be interpreted to mean anything you just claimed right?

Roflmao I was just about to mention that. Not only did TM attribute these comments to Perry and say the reflected the views of his Base. But the link he put up does not even directly attribute the comments to Barton. It's nothing but a Liberal Smear artist speculating on what they think perry meant.

To fucking funny.

I have always known this about TM, but it sure is fun. She serfs the Liberal Blogs and sites and posts things here based on the Headlines alone. Does not even read the Articles. How else can you explain the Depth of her Ignorance.

Last edited:

He's a damned sight more honest than you.... but since your reputation is as someone who lies in every post, that's not saying much.

Liar.

I hope you realize that is an opinion piece and does not directly quote Barton nor does it provide proof that he actually thinks those things.

Immie

Whether she realizes it or not, she doesn't care. The truth doesn't help her agenda.

This is direct evidence of the racism of this base

Yes, we all know that daring to disagree with liberals' sacred myths is defined by them as "racism". Of course, we all know that liberals also think the definition of "racism" is "doing and saying things I don't like".

Pity for liberals that fewer and fewer people give a rat's ass WHAT they think.

Forum List

Back