🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Spread the wealth - one boat, a few boats, or many boats?

Or Walmart could pay everyone a living wage and decrease welfare a lot.

too stupid and liberal of course since it is welfare that causes the low wages. Eliminate the welfare and Walmart would have to pay more.

the liberal idea is that we could end human poverty if Republican corporations would just hire everyone and pay everyone what they think is fair!! Why not pass a law to make it so?? A liberal will lack the IQ to answer the question.

Wrong answer. In order to qualify for welfare you have to make LESS than what the state says is the qualifying wage. If you have a decent wage (over 18-20 thousand per year), you don't qualify and cannot receive welfare.

Pay a decent wage, and fewer people will qualify for welfare.

eliminate welfare and pay will have to go up! How could anyone live without a living wage?? See why we say slow?

No like Costco.
Costco pays more ... because it can

Or Walmart could pay everyone a living wage and decrease welfare a lot. Given these people are making the Waltons billions they should make enough they aren't on welfare. Why do you like government dependency so much?

Costco charges a membership fee, and is a bulk goods store, comparing it to Walmart is absurd.

Absurd? Dont be so childish. If Costco can pay well why can't walmart?
That would cut into its profits. Why pay when society will? A serious issue with capitalism.

Nothing dumb about it. You are the type who says any job is better than nothing, even it pays $1.00 an hour, and that isn't true.

Walmart starts at $10.10 an hour, offers a 401K and stock options.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc Employer Salary Average Salaries PayScale

That is far better than nothing.

Might want to check your link again. It says that Wal-Mart employees make 15 to 20 thousand dollars a year (minimum wage at 7.25 pays 15 thousand a year). The only ones who make more are those that have special qualifications (like pharmacy techs) or those who are in management.

No like Costco.

Or Walmart could pay everyone a living wage and decrease welfare a lot. Given these people are making the Waltons billions they should make enough they aren't on welfare. Why do you like government dependency so much?

Costco charges a membership fee, and is a bulk goods store, comparing it to Walmart is absurd.

That would cut into its profits. Why pay when society will? A serious issue with capitalism.

Oh whatthefuckever... get back to work stocking shelves at the WalMart....

No like Costco.

too stupid they are different businesses like Rolls Royce and Ford. IF Walmart could pay that a competitior would do it and put Walmart out of business.

If a person is making the minimum wage, it's only 15,080 per year based on a 40 hour work week at 7.25 for 52 weeks.

If a person is making 10.10 per hour (proposed new minimum wage), it goes up to 21,080 per year.

Depending on what the state says is the maximum amount you can earn before being ineligible, it's usually around 18,000 or 20,000/year, so yes, raising the minimum wage to 10.10/hour would GREATLY reduce those who qualify for welfare, thereby shrinking the program because if they make too much, they can't qualify.

BTW..........based on conversations that I've had with many Wal-Mart employees over the years, it seems that the average Walmart worker makes between 8 and 9 dollars an hour, even after having worked there for over 5 years.

Sales Associate - Hourly
754 Walmart Salaries
$9.40/hr

In Bangledesh the average monthly wage in garment work is $66/month. I wonder why the liberals there don't pass a law giving them $30/hour. Think of the poverty it would end!! Yes Walmart would have to double prices and go out of business but at least the garment workers in Bangledesh would be well paid until they too lost their jobs

I just pulled up 10.10 on another site.

So the starting wage for a completely unskilled worker isn't bad.

What is the obsession with WalMArt.. I mean seriously.. it' scary. So all these people work there or something? Sounds like it.

No like Costco.

Oh whatthefuckever... get back to work stocking shelves at the WalMart....
It's known as Externalizing costs, and capitalists love to do so.

Or Walmart could pay everyone a living wage and decrease welfare a lot.

too stupid and liberal of course since it is welfare that causes the low wages. Eliminate the welfare and Walmart would have to pay more.

the liberal idea is that we could end human poverty if Republican corporations would just hire everyone and pay everyone what they think is fair!! Why not pass a law to make it so?? A liberal will lack the IQ to answer the question.

Wrong answer. In order to qualify for welfare you have to make LESS than what the state says is the qualifying wage. If you have a decent wage (over 18-20 thousand per year), you don't qualify and cannot receive welfare.

Pay a decent wage, and fewer people will qualify for welfare.

eliminate welfare and pay will have to go up! How could anyone live without a living wage?? See why we say slow?

Eliminate welfare and employers will volunteer to raise wages?

Are you stupid, drunk or stoned?

What is the obsession with WalMArt.. I mean seriously.. it' scary. So all these people work there or something? Sounds like it.

Walmart employees people who are without marketable skills and are often on Welfare. This gives them a path out of poverty.

Leftists seek to increase dependency, so it outrages them that Walmart provides a path to independence.

If a person is making the minimum wage, it's only 15,080 per year based on a 40 hour work week at 7.25 for 52 weeks.

If a person is making 10.10 per hour (proposed new minimum wage), it goes up to 21,080 per year.

Depending on what the state says is the maximum amount you can earn before being ineligible, it's usually around 18,000 or 20,000/year, so yes, raising the minimum wage to 10.10/hour would GREATLY reduce those who qualify for welfare, thereby shrinking the program because if they make too much, they can't qualify.

BTW..........based on conversations that I've had with many Wal-Mart employees over the years, it seems that the average Walmart worker makes between 8 and 9 dollars an hour, even after having worked there for over 5 years.

Sales Associate - Hourly
754 Walmart Salaries
$9.40/hr

In Bangledesh the average monthly wage in garment work is $66/month. I wonder why the liberals there don't pass a law giving them $30/hour. Think of the poverty it would end!! Yes Walmart would have to double prices and go out of business but at least the garment workers in Bangledesh would be well paid until they too lost their jobs

I just pulled up 10.10 on another site.

So the starting wage for a completely unskilled worker isn't bad.

2 people working at Walmart earn $3200 a month. That's a living wage easily and at only 40 hours a week!!
In Bangledesh the wage for 2 is $120/month

capitalism makes Walmart workers, and other workers, rich compared to most of the world because it forces companies to pay the highest wages possible or go bankrupt!!

And yet I keep destroying your arguments. Must suck to be you.
LOL. No Sweetheart, you don't, but you believe that you do. It's rather painful to watch but I still have to laugh at your total lack of even basic common sense and economic knowledge. Still, that's why I started this thread.

I'm sure your reality insulated bubble is very comfortable.
Little man I live in reality. God only knows what fantasyworld you live in. It's not one of knowledge that's for sure.

Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can sleep at night.
Unlike you I tell myself the truths, so my sleep is often for shit because I live in hell with total morons like those here.

Then why do you spout untruth on here?

Might want to check your link again. It says that Wal-Mart employees make 15 to 20 thousand dollars a year (minimum wage at 7.25 pays 15 thousand a year). The only ones who make more are those that have special qualifications (like pharmacy techs) or those who are in management.

One of the great fuckings America took from Obama was Fascist Care, which forced employers to drastically reduce hours to avoid incurring massive new employment costs.

Here is one that agrees with Edward at $9.40

Walmart Salaries Glassdoor

No like Costco.

too stupid they are different businesses like Rolls Royce and Ford. IF Walmart could pay that a competitior would do it and put Walmart out of business.

Explain why rolls Royce and ford couldn't both pay the same. Are you sure they don't?

Why does Costco pay more than Sams club?

Walmart employees people who are without marketable skills and are often on Welfare. This gives them a path out of poverty.

Leftists seek to increase dependency, so it outrages them that Walmart provides a path to independence.

These are the people making the Waltons billions. They sure have value to them.

The OP is dead on. The OP is how capitalism actually works.

the idiotic insane op says that if a Nazi liberal forces a guy at the point of a liberal gun to buy 10 small boats rather than one big one the economy will somehow be better off. Its too idiotic for words!!

The OP is dead on. The OP is how capitalism actually works.

the idiotic insane op says that if a Nazi liberal forces a guy at the point of a liberal gun to buy 10 small boats rather than one big one the economy will somehow be better off. Its too idiotic for words!!

paint should start with econ 101 if he ever gets to college so he will have some idea of the context in which economic issues are discussed.

Last edited:
. So why can't walmart pay more like Costco?

Same reason Costco cant pay more like Goldman Sachs.

Brainless357 you should read the "Walmart Effect". Its anti Walmart book but concludes that if you took all the earnings and distributed them to employees it would be less than 1.75 hour. Walmart needs to make better margins not worse margins if it plans to stay in business. Its brick and mortar while internet sales keep growing at 25% a year and internet is only one of their competitors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back