Spring! ...what spring?

Can`t you think for yourself? How hard could it be to figure out what he was saying...or are you pretending that you don`t know ?
Just like in "I`ts hard to wake up those who pretend to sleep"
If people like you would look around instead of burying your head up your own ass you would realize what`s going on.
This is not just "a cold day in Wasawasa" like the warm.org blogs like to call it...it`s a world wide climate event that spans the entire winter season for the last decade....getting colder,starting earlier and lasting longer each year...not just in Canada but round the entire globe north of lat 48 deg.

image-476701-breitwandaufmacher-suuo.jpg

Translated quote:
Schneechaos und Flutgefahr nach Wintereinbruch in Großbritannien -Video - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Europeans have been trying to Google for up to date satellite images...there are none. So Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield snapped some pictures for them from the international space station and uploaded them:
Astronaut Chris Hadfield macht von der ISS aus Fotos von Deutschland - SPIEGEL ONLINE
image-476315-galleryV9-pnwv.jpg

About that hilltop in Germany where you cynically remarked "was that F or C degrees"
In Dawson City, Yukon Territory a prospector from San Francisco scrawled on his cabin wall where he froze to death:
"The coldest winter I ever experienced was a foggy summer day on the Golden Gate bridge"
I`ve been all the way up North and stood on the North Pole, way down south too and also stood the Golden Bridge...and know what he meant. I don`t have to ask a dumb- liberal-smart-ass question like that.
I would like to see how long you would last in a T-shirt on the bridge when the fog rolls in the bay.
I could not do it and neither could you..but I could chop kindling at -45 C in the Yukon at -45 C when the air is bone dry...no problem.

Wow. Your attack is just amazing. How/why would I know what SOG means? And I was not being a "smart ass," I was being humorous. I asked if it was celius or fahrenheit because I was recently, less than 2 years ago, living in Austria for some years, where the temperature is measured in celcius, not farenheit, as it is in Germany too. I am very familiar with what 10 degrees celcius feels like as it was often that where I lived in Austria. I am also very familiar with 10 degrees fahrenheit from skiing in the States, so I did, in fact want to know if he meant farenheit or celcius. Nothing 'smart ass' about it, and I am truly perplexed about the idea that something in my post would be construed as being political in any way. Amazing.

And btw, during 4 years I lived in Austria, there was no indication that winters or summers or any of the seasons were any different than normal. I knew many Austrians and asked them if the weather was typical (it was typically bad), and they always said yes, it was typical. So, as far as your statement "world wide climate event that spans the entire winter season for the last decade....getting colder,starting earlier and lasting longer each year" it does not seem to be the case in Austria. Also, I lived in Germany 20 years ago, and what he described about the weather in mid-February is quite typical, now and 20 years ago.

That was not an attack.
This is an Attack:
You are full of b.s
Germany is my native country. Specifically Bavaria and from Landsberg I can dive for a morning coffee break to Austria and be back in Germany for lunch.
So wo haben Sie in Österreich und Deutschland gewohnt ?
Wenn sie da waren wie Sie behaupten dann können Sie das sehr leicht antworten.

Okay then let`s have the answer...in either language.

It`s not as if I haven`t been back their either or that I don`t maintain daily contact. The only winter which was as severe and as long as the latest one was in 1950.
And 10 years ago you could not go skiing on the Zugspitze at the end of March:
image7uf.jpg

Not all the way down to where Wolfgang is standing. In the last 5 years they don`t even need any more artificial snow any more way down no matter where you go skiing in Austria or Bavaria.
Ask my friend Wolfgang back home who sent me these pictures just this morning...write me a PN and I`ll give you his e-mail address and you can ask him yourself

It is beyond understanding why you are so angry or why you suggest I am lying or being political about this. Anyone I asked about the weather told me it was typical. And though to me it was awful, that's because I don't like long, gray, cold winters. Over the past 10 years I've lived in 4 different countries on different continents. No one in any of them said the weather was anything but typical of that country, That's my experience. And I ask because there is so much in the media about climate change. Why would I lie about it or about where I've lived? You seem to be a very angry person. And your attack was completely unwarranted and way out of proportion to anything in my post. And, I don't need to tell you exactly where I lived or prove anything to you. You seem to be completely out of control of yourself.

Last edited:
Wow. Your attack is just amazing. How/why would I know what SOG means? And I was not being a "smart ass," I was being humorous. I asked if it was celius or fahrenheit because I was recently, less than 2 years ago, living in Austria for some years, where the temperature is measured in celcius, not farenheit, as it is in Germany too. I am very familiar with what 10 degrees celcius feels like as it was often that where I lived in Austria. I am also very familiar with 10 degrees fahrenheit from skiing in the States, so I did, in fact want to know if he meant farenheit or celcius. Nothing 'smart ass' about it, and I am truly perplexed about the idea that something in my post would be construed as being political in any way. Amazing.

And btw, during 4 years I lived in Austria, there was no indication that winters or summers or any of the seasons were any different than normal. I knew many Austrians and asked them if the weather was typical (it was typically bad), and they always said yes, it was typical. So, as far as your statement "world wide climate event that spans the entire winter season for the last decade....getting colder,starting earlier and lasting longer each year" it does not seem to be the case in Austria. Also, I lived in Germany 20 years ago, and what he described about the weather in mid-February is quite typical, now and 20 years ago.

That was not an attack.
This is an Attack:
You are full of b.s
Germany is my native country. Specifically Bavaria and from Landsberg I can dive for a morning coffee break to Austria and be back in Germany for lunch.

It`s not as if I haven`t been back their either or that I don`t maintain daily contact. The only winter which was as severe and as long as the latest one was in 1950.
image7uf.jpg

Not all the way down to where Wolfgang is standing. In the last 5 years they don`t even need any more artificial snow any more way down no matter where you go skiing in Austria or Bavaria.
Ask my friend Wolfgang back home who sent me these pictures just this morning...write me a PN and I`ll give you his e-mail address and you can ask him yourself

It is beyond understanding why you are so angry or why you suggest I am lying or being political about this. Anyone I asked about the weather told me it was typical. And though to me it was awful, that's because I don't like long, gray, cold winters. Over the past 10 years I've lived in 4 different countries on different continents. No one in any of them said the weather was anything but typical of that country, That's my experience. And I ask because there is so much in the media about climate change. Why would I lie about it or about where I've lived? You seem to be a very angry person. And your attack was completely unwarranted and way out of proportion to anything in my post. And, I don't need to tell you exactly where I lived or prove anything to you. You seem to be completely out of control of yourself.
Hey get a grip on yourself !
Are you always that paranoid?
All I wanted to know where you lived in Germany or in Austria, because you profess to know it better than I do.
But don`t bother, I have a good hunch where you lived:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFes2eJ0_ao&list=UUvj7dbOY14kt_MFIR1Y1iwA&index=65"]Screw English.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

And I ask because there is so much in the media about climate change.
When was the last time you asked somebody in Germany or Austria?
I mean normal people, not the kind you`ld meet at a gay parade in Berlin.

Last edited:
That was not an attack.
This is an Attack:
You are full of b.s

image7uf.jpg

All I wanted to know where you lived in Germany or in Austria, because you profess to know it better than I do.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFes2eJ0_ao&list=UUvj7dbOY14kt_MFIR1Y1iwA&index=65"]Screw English.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

It's hard to believe you are anything but 100% American, calling me paranoid, getting so worked up about this, homophobic, being so against 'liberals.' I certainly never dealt with anyone like you in either country. You want to believe I didn't live in either Germany or Austria, do so, I don't fucking care. I don't have to give you any details about my experience or prove anything to you. LOL Just like you want me to contact your brother in Gemany to prove what you say, I could give you the email address of friends in Germany I've known since I lived there 20 years ago and prove I'm telling the truth. But I think that's just bizarre. Why you think I would make it up is beyond understanding, except you are one angry nut.

Last edited:

It's hard to believe you are anything but 100% American, calling me paranoid, getting so worked up about this, homophobic, being so against 'liberals.' I certainly never dealt with anyone like you in either country. You want to believe I didn't live in either Germany or Austria, do so, I don't fucking care. I don't have to give you any details about my experience or prove anything to you. LOL Just like you want me to contact your brother in Gemany to prove what you say, I could give you the email address of friends in Germany I've known since I lived there 20 years ago and prove I'm telling the truth. But I think that's just bizarre. Why you think I would make it up is beyond understanding, except you are one angry nut.

Geeewhiz not only have I attacked you because I asked where you were in Germany or Austria, but now I`m also "homophobic" because my friends are not gay. I don`t hate my own kind...my own kind being homo sapiens...not homos...no they are not my kind. Why not ? Because I`m Catholic...so there now you got something else to rant about.

I could`nt care less where you live or what your e-mail address is nor do I want any of your friends...but you did say that you like asking people in Germany or Austria what the weather is...so I said my friend Wolfgang would gladly answer that if you want to e-mail him....
and you felt threatened by that..

Why you think I would make it up is beyond understanding, except you are one angry nut.
You just made up a whole slew of more crap
It's hard to believe you are anything but 100% American,
homophobic, being so against 'liberals.'
Am I supposed to get as angry over that as you claim I am?
I could give you another e-mail address and you could ask Justin Trudeau yourself if I`m sooo against Liberals...50/50 chance he`ll be our next (Liberal PM)
But you`ll just get paranoid again and figure I`ll ask Justin what your e-mail address is and might stalk you...right ?
Are you by any chance that school teacher in Toronto who called 911 because a Kindergarten kid drew a picture of a gun?
Within the hour her dad`s house was raided by Metro Police and they found the water pistol.
Now I`m a gun nut too Eeeh?
I`m sure glad I don`t have neighbors like you.
You would call 911 just as soon as my grand kids light a Wienie roasting fire or my dog barks at you.
Take a Valium, a deep breath and snap out of it
But I know your kind all too well.
You can`t
You`ll keep going on and and on calling me all kinds of names while claiming "I`m attacking you".
Why don`t you look it up what the theme of this thread is instead of posting what somebody told you during February 20 years ago what the weather was then in Germany.

http://www.weather-forecast.com/static_maps/Germany/temperature/6
Today March 23rd 2013...not February 1993
Sub zero from England right across continental Europe all the way into Turkey and Iran

Last edited:
Screw English.wmv - YouTube

Geeewhiz not only have I attacked you because I asked where you were in Germany or Austria, but now I`m also "homophobic" because my friends are not gay. I don`t hate my own kind...my own kind being homo sapiens...not homos...no they are not my kind. Why not ? Because I`m Catholic...so there now you got something else to rant about.

I could`nt care less where you live or what your e-mail address is nor do I want any of your friends...but you did say that you like asking people in Germany or Austria what the weather is...so I said my friend Wolfgang would gladly answer that if you want to e-mail him....

Why you think I would make it up is beyond understanding, except you are one angry nut.
I could give you another e-mail address and you could ask Justin Trudeau yourself if I`m sooo against Liberals...50/50 chance he`ll be our next (Liberal PM)
But you`ll just get paranoid again and figure I`ll ask Justin what your e-mail address is and might stalk you...right ?
Are you by any chance that school teacher in Toronto who called 911 because a Kindergarten kid drew a picture of a gun?
Within the hour her dad`s house was raided by Metro Police and they found the water pistol.
You would call 911 just as soon as my grand kids light a Wienie roasting fire or my dog barks at you.
You can`t
You`ll keep going on and and on calling me all kinds of names while claiming "I`m attacking you".
Why don`t you look it up what the theme of this thread is instead of posting what somebody told you during February 20 years ago what the weather was then in Germany.

:cuckoo:

You can`t

Just like I predicted here you are,..
What happened ?
Now you are reduced to "emoticons"..:

I came back here because you like to travel and know so much about weather patterns in Europe and people told you in 1993 that it is like it always was.
That`s not what the IPCC says it was. They are meeting in Hobart Australia to discuss the down trend in the last decade.
Go there and enlighten them...
By the way Wolfgang is not my brother. He was one of my classmates.
He is an aviation engineer and a ski instructor + a rescue swimmer.
A few years ago he jumped off a bridge in Landsberg and rescued a 9 year old girl which went down the rapids when the river ice broke.
He is not gay and I`m pretty sure he would make not lift a finger for a fag in girls cloths on an junk of ice going over the rapids
And now I`m off to :
"“Self-realization and self-fulfilment are the sine qua non for human existence.” ~ Arthur Miller
I`ll crank up my V8 Ford F150 global warming car and have some fun with my 3 grand-kids and my wife in Portage La Prairie while you sit in front of your PC for the rest of the day getting more and more pissed off.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Dat groundhog looks like he's winkin' at womens an' sayin' "Hey baby, get ready to pucker up `cause I gonna lay a wet one on ya...
:eek:
Groundhog Phil a furry felon over false forecast
March 22, 2013 — A shadow of a different kind is hanging over Punxsutawney Phil.
Authorities in still-frigid Ohio have issued an "indictment" against the famed groundhog, who predicted an early spring when he didn't see his shadow after emerging from his lair in western Pennsylvania on Feb. 2. Spring arrived Wednesday, and temperatures are still hovering in the 30s in the Buckeye state and much of the Northeast. While it's not the coldest spring on record, it's a good 5 degrees below normal, said Don Hughes, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Wilmington, Ohio.

6ccfe96c04164f3ca135d02fbeabd95d.jpg

This Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013 file photo shows Groundhog Club Co-handler Ron Ploucha holding the weather predicting groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, after the club said Phil did not see his shadow and there will be an early spring during the Groundhog Day ceremony in Punxsutawney, Pa. Authorities in still-frigid Ohio have issued an "indictment" of the furry rodent, who predicted an early spring.

So the heat is on against Phil, and the furry rodent has been charged with misrepresentation of spring, a felony "against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio," wrote prosecutor Mike Gmoser in an official-looking indictment. "Punxsutawney Phil did purposely, and with prior calculation and design, cause the people to believe that spring would come early," Gmoser declared. So what's the penalty?

Death, Gmoser said, tongue firmly in cheek. That's "very harsh," given the nature of the allegations, said Bill Deeley, president of the Punxsutawney club that organizes Groundhog Day. The backlash to Phil's dead-wrong prognostication has not gone unnoticed in and around his hometown of Gobbler's Knob, Deeley said, and security precautions are in place. "Right next to where Phil stays is the police station," he said. "They've been notified, and they said they will keep watching their monitors." The chubby-cheeked animal also has his defenders. "Phree Phil!" declared one supporter on his Facebook page. "We're with you, Phil," wrote another.

As for spring, there's no relief in sight from the wintry conditions. A storm moving into the region Sunday could bring between 4 and 8 inches of snow, said meteorologist Hughes. That might be particularly hard to swallow after last spring, when the U.S. saw the warmest March in recorded history. While Gmoser's indictment made no mention of any co-conspirators in the false early spring prediction, the state's own groundhog forecaster, Buckeye Chuck, also failed to see his shadow when he emerged from his burrow.

Groundhog Phil a furry felon over false forecast | CNS News

Global warming, photography, pictures, photos, climate change, impact, science, weather, arctic, antarctica, climate zones, glacier, arctic warming, antarctica warming, documentation, effects, effects of climate change, paleoclimate, mountain glacier

1875 photo courtesy H. Slupetzky/University of Salzburg

The Pasterze, Austria's longest glacier, was about 2 kilometers longer in the 19th C. but is now completely out of sight from this overlook on the Grossglockner High Road. The Margaritzen-Strausee, a dammed artificial lake, now is in the place where the glacier terminus was in 1875. Measurements of the Pasterze began in 1889 and it has been pulling back the entire time, in approximate step with regional temperatures that have been increasing. The glacier is now about eight Km long and loses about 15 meters per year. However in 2003 the Pasterze decreased 30 meters in length and 6.5 meters in thickness. [1875 image, photographer unknown, is courtesy H. Slupetzky, from the University of Salzburg archives. Gary Braasch photo made Aug 14, 2004]

With the increase winter season, has the recession of the glaciers in the Alps stopped?

On to other topics. Took a week off from work on spring break. 3/4 of a load at PSU and 40 to 45 hrs a week at the mill, I was pretty tired. Left Portland at a little past 4 am, so I missed the rush hours, had just me and long haul drivers on the road. Had snow in Baker City Friday, not unussual in March. Quite pretty, watching the storms drag skirts of snow along the peaks of the Elkhorns and Wallowas. Went down to Richland yesterday. Warmer, about 50 when the wind was not coming down off the mountains. People turning over the soil for their gardens. Going to the John Day Valley tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 60's in Dayville on Tuesday. Back to work on Thursday, back in school on Monday, the first of April.

We have Sidewinder Rattlesnakes here in Eastern Oregon, but they are an extemely timid snake. Big danger from them is stepping on them as they are nearly invisible in the grass. In all the years that I have rambled in the area, I have seen very few, and the last one I ran into, a large one for a Sidewinder, I ate. Not bad, but wouldn't purposely hunt them for food.

Global warming, photography, pictures, photos, climate change, impact, science, weather, arctic, antarctica, climate zones, glacier, arctic warming, antarctica warming, documentation, effects, effects of climate change, paleoclimate, mountain glacier

The Pasterze, Austria's longest glacier, was about 2 kilometers longer in the 19th C. but is now completely out of sight from this overlook on the Grossglockner High Road. The Margaritzen-Strausee, a dammed artificial lake, now is in the place where the glacier terminus was in 1875. Measurements of the Pasterze began in 1889 and it has been pulling back the entire time, in approximate step with regional temperatures that have been increasing. The glacier is now about eight Km long and loses about 15 meters per year. However in 2003 the Pasterze decreased 30 meters in length and 6.5 meters in thickness. [1875 image, photographer unknown, is courtesy H. Slupetzky, from the University of Salzburg archives. Gary Braasch photo made Aug 14, 2004]

With the increase winter season, has the recession of the glaciers in the Alps stopped?

On to other topics. Took a week off from work on spring break. 3/4 of a load at PSU and 40 to 45 hrs a week at the mill, I was pretty tired. Left Portland at a little past 4 am, so I missed the rush hours, had just me and long haul drivers on the road. Had snow in Baker City Friday, not unussual in March. Quite pretty, watching the storms drag skirts of snow along the peaks of the Elkhorns and Wallowas. Went down to Richland yesterday. Warmer, about 50 when the wind was not coming down off the mountains. People turning over the soil for their gardens. Going to the John Day Valley tomorrow. Supposed to be in the 60's in Dayville on Tuesday. Back to work on Thursday, back in school on Monday, the first of April.

We have Sidewinder Rattlesnakes here in Eastern Oregon, but they are an extemely timid snake. Big danger from them is stepping on them as they are nearly invisible in the grass. In all the years that I have rambled in the area, I have seen very few, and the last one I ran into, a large one for a Sidewinder, I ate. Not bad, but wouldn't purposely hunt them for food.
You what??? You ate a rattlesnake ?
But I do admire honey badgers:

Sidewinders in Oregon..no thanks I don`t care how they stay out of sight.
I saw a couple in Utah and they gave me the creeps.
A Utah State Trooper gave me a rattle from a snake that he had run over for a souvenir to take back to Canada. As soon as he was out of sight I picked it up with toilet paper and threw it out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the standard old American Badger in Oregon, but you don't want to cross one that woke up on the wrong side of the bed;
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RqJFza3sbE]Grizzly Bear Vs American Badger - YouTube[/ame]

Some people have no sense of humor.....:tongue:

I remember sitting on a hilltop at 0200 in Germany in February pulling SOG when the temp was about 10 degrees and the wind was howling. I don't think I had much of a sense of humor then, either. :lol:

There seem to be about 40 definitions for SOG, including Son of God, son of a gun, stroke of genius, same old grind....none seem to fit :confused:

10 degrees Fahrenheit or Celcius?

Just curious.

Sergeant of the Guard.

And it was Fahnrenheit.

We have the standard old American Badger in Oregon, but you don't want to cross one that woke up on the wrong side of the bed;
Grizzly Bear Vs American Badger - YouTube
Our "standard old American Badger" is just as fearless as a honey badger.
In the meadow behind my house a badger took on a whole pack of stray dogs, that thought he was easy pray. He is still there but ever since no dogs stray into the meadow again.
This year my backyard meadow is covered under over 1 meter of snow and the river ice is 30 inches thick. Fargo ND is expecting 1 of the top 5 floods in history. The Red River is expected to be at 11.6 meters, that`s 6 meters above the flood stage. We`ll be fine in Manitoba because we got all these river diversions that go straight into Lake Winnipeg, Lake Manitoba then down the Nelson straight into the Hudson Bay.
All Fargo is getting are 1.5 million sandbags
Fargo forecast to have one of top 5 floods in its history - Manitoba - CBC News
Flood mediation

The mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker, said the city has made a number of changes along the banks of the Red River, so fewer properties will be impacted by flooding.
That includes the 1.5 million sandbags.
Fargo mayor wants diversion

Walaker said more work could be done to protect the town.
Walaker wants to see a diversion, similar to the Red River Diversion around Winnipeg, constructed near Fargo.

Like the thread says, "What spring"...It`s coming...eventually, but it won`t be pretty

The Weather Channel's Carl Parker tried to explain that cold actually equaled warm yesterday and 50% snow cover in the Country when it was 7% this time last year means global warming. I like the guy but he doesn't have a doctorate, they just gave him a phony title and stuck him up there because he has a good voice and can read a teleprompter. Why is the Weather Channel in the global warming propaganda business anyway?

o. m. G.

:rolleyes:

Spring is always unsettled, some years it warms up early while other years it snows in early April.

For crying out loud, it's called weather.

o. m. G.

:rolleyes:

Spring is always unsettled, some years it warms up early while other years it snows in early April.

For crying out loud, it's called weather.

No just "unsettling" weather, record cold and snowfall late in the season when it is very unusual. The global warming propaganda wackos live and die on doctored (pardon the pun) statistics. Here we have record cold and real snowfall statistics and they dismiss it because it doesn't fit into the scenario they created.

You what??? You ate a rattlesnake ?

They are very tasty....the taste is similar to turtle or alligator, but not as strong as turtle and maybe a bit stronger than alligator tail, but less strong than alligator side or leg meat.

If you get the chance to taste it, go for it....you wont be disappointed.

The glacier has been pulling back since 1889 and in the 1970's the "weather scientists" predicted a shift to a new ice age. Averaging it all out it seems that the world has been emerging from a catastrophic mini-ice age for the last hundred or so years and we should be thankful but alas, liberals are never thankful for anything. They live for chaos and crisis and they know they can extort all sorts of taxpayer funding with the right crisis at the right time and they can even get the revolution they wanted back in the 60's when they used bombs instead of propaganda.

Forum List

Back