SS not responsible for AGR site

More from Susan Crabtree:

Susan Crabtree

RealClearPolitics White House & Natl. Political Correspondent - The Hill, Roll Call, Wash. Examiner alum. Please DM for email.

@JudiciaryGOP just sent this letter to FBI Director Wray -- highlighting that the committee has talked to whistleblowers about security failures at the rally.
Take a look at the section in the letter referring to Special Agent in Charge of the Pittsburg Field Office Tim Burke and what he says about the meetings before the rally about how they were focused on staffing dual events in the Pittsburg area -- Trump's rally in Butler and Jill Biden's dinner that night in Pittsburg. The NATO summit was putting pinch on the overall Secret Service resources -- not to mention that Kamala Harris had an event in Philly the same day.
I reported Sunday that the Secret Service diverted resources from the Trump rally to the Jill Biden event. My Secret Service sources used the word "diverted" with me. That was rightfully a focus. I believe, from my reporting, there was a resources-allocation issue between the Trump rally and the Jill Biden dinner in the Pittsburg area on the same day, exacerbated by resources needed for the NATO summit and prep for the RNC convention.
Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi has said the resources were not "diverted" from the Trump rally to the Jill Biden dinner -- but is it a semantics issue? Were they allocated in a lopsided or inappropriate way that was not threat-based -- because Trump clearly has more threats facing him than Jill Biden. Did some Secret Service agents advocate for more resources for Trump but did not win that argument and some of those resources they asked for instead went to Jill Biden's dinner?

That is just one aspect the committee needs to drill down on.

I continue to stand by my reporting.

Here's a highlight of the key graphs in the Jim Jordan letter, below.

Forum List

Back