Stabbings in Penn HS- Knives have no place in society

What if the security guard had a gun?

He may have stopped the culprit before he cut so many students.
Back in 1981, a guy shot four people outside a hotel in Washington. The four were surrounded by the best trained, best armed cadre of body guards in history. Sometimes a guy , or guys, with guns aren't the most effective shield.

The U.S. Secret Service didn't prevent gun violence. And you are wondering about a high school security guard.

Maybe RR should have had MORE guns on hand. One trained on each and every individual in the crowd.

Knives and baseball bats were designed as implements and not deadly weapons. Until someone comes up with a use for a gun that does not include killing humans, I will continue to respect the difference between ball bats, knives and guns.

Umm...how about putting food on the table? Jesus - get a clue. Oh and BTW - the "baseball bat" was the original "club".
And for that purpose, you need a Glock 9? Anything other than bolt action rifles and pump action shot guns are designed to kill humans. If some weapons are restricted due to their lethality, why can't those DESIGNED as lethal be restricted as well?
WHAT is the PURPOSE of ANY WEAPON...but to hurt, MAIM, KILL? What's with the symantics?

IDIOT

And for that purpose, you need a Glock 9? Anything other than bolt action rifles and pump action shot guns are designed to kill humans. If some weapons are restricted due to their lethality, why can't those DESIGNED as lethal be restricted as well?

Because the 2a is designed to offer us recourse against an oppressive government and we can only afford to be handicapped by restrictions on weaponry so much and still be able to repel the storm troopers if they ever come.

A line must be drawn somewhere and though I think we deserve any weapon we can handle and practice regularly with and afford to own, the line was drawn as it is.

You don't like it?

Fuck ya.

:D
FIRST and foremost. The Founders were quite clear. The Progs don't wish to confront reality.

And a dollar to a donut I'd bet they would love to use violence on those of us who take the Constitution seriously and as the founders intended.

Hell, the Progs have been looking for a way to invalidate the Constitution since the Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson was in the WHITE house.

This post is the funniest one in the thread because it makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

That asshole Holy Rolling Bible thumping turd quotes Scripture to repress people then makes glib, idiotic comments when high school kids are bleeding in their school. Conservatives can keep him. No one with a conscience will.

Are you really so ignorant that you can recognize a satire thread? Give it a rest already.
This happened east 40 miles east of Pittsburgh. I live 40 miles west of Pittsburgh. You watch all the local coverage of this incident and let it roll off your back and write satirically about it. Or maybe kids in danger at school is something you accept without shock so when the next Sandy Hook or Virginia Tech happens, you can still love all them there guns.

Because the 2a is designed to offer us recourse against an oppressive government and we can only afford to be handicapped by restrictions on weaponry so much and still be able to repel the storm troopers if they ever come.

A line must be drawn somewhere and though I think we deserve any weapon we can handle and practice regularly with and afford to own, the line was drawn as it is.

You don't like it?

Fuck ya.

FIRST and foremost. The Founders were quite clear. The Progs don't wish to confront reality.

And a dollar to a donut I'd bet they would love to use violence on those of us who take the Constitution seriously and as the founders intended.

Hell, the Progs have been looking for a way to invalidate the Constitution since the Racist Democrat Woodrow Wilson was in the WHITE house.
That's OK...the Government is already geared to confront US. I say bring it ON. THEY bring it upon themselves for the abuse they've visited upon us.

It IS time for another revolution.

This post is the funniest one in the thread because it makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

That asshole Holy Rolling Bible thumping turd quotes Scripture to repress people then makes glib, idiotic comments when high school kids are bleeding in their school. Conservatives can keep him. No one with a conscience will.

Are you really so ignorant that you can recognize a satire thread? Give it a rest already.

Humorlessness is one of the characteristics which define liberals.

Trained and certified to use a gun. Great. What was your point again?

The point is nobody on campus had one to stop the attacks. That's a problem. You can't stop psycho's when you have nothing to fight them with.

There was an armed security guard. You want all the students armed now? Luckily the stabber didn't have a gun so the principal could tackle him. That man is a hero.

You have a link for that? I'm not seeing this anywhere but you proclaiming it.

This happened east 40 miles east of Pittsburgh. I live 40 miles west of Pittsburgh. You watch all the local coverage of this incident and let it roll off your back and write satirically about it. Or maybe kids in danger at school is something you accept without shock so when the next Sandy Hook or Virginia Tech happens, you can still love all them there guns.
WHO but YOU gives a FUCK where YOU live? What has that got to do with the topic? Wanna cookie for living close to the scene?

JACKASS.

Joking about a tragedy? Classless. You people are pathetic. I'm praying for the victims.

Sure you are.

Sure you are.

Progs are pathological liars

Yes I am. Meanwhile you and these other clowns are making jokes. Very sad.

Bad shit happens to good people, been that way since the beginning, being all sad and morose won't change that. Red Skelton said it best, he said: "Don't take life too seriously because you won't get out of it alive anyway. You know in England since they banned guns the bad guys have started using knives and now they restrict their sale. Everyone feels bad for the kids, the point of this thread was to make fun of the folks that want to further restrict guns. Lighten up a bit, you'll enjoy life a bit more.

Umm...how about putting food on the table? Jesus - get a clue. Oh and BTW - the "baseball bat" was the original "club".

You don't like it?

Fuck ya.

Let me get this straight. You are willing to accept the cost of gun violence, the tragic and continuous lose of life, innocent children killed in cross fire, people gunned down in theaters, churches, shopping centers and schools just so you can repel a cadre of storm troopers who exist ing your imagination only? You think that you and a gang of your buddies in a Dodge Durango hav a shot against the largest military in history?

That sums up your priorities? A serious public health hazard (because that what gun violence is beyond a criminal undertaking) is less important than your wish to play Rambo against imaginary Strom troopers?

The constitution says "well regulated militia". Some weapons were designed exclusively for combat. Those weapons have one value other than the amusement some feel when discharging them. That is to kill as many human beings as possible as quickly as possible. Those weapons belong in the hands of that well regulated militia, not on our streets. Or in our churches, schools, theaters and campuses.

Last edited:
Knives and baseball bats were designed as implements and not deadly weapons. Until someone comes up with a use for a gun that does not include killing humans, I will continue to respect the difference between ball bats, knives and guns.

You just showed your stupidity. EVERY gun EVER made was designed to KILL. You are one of those that sees this:

A4.gif

and thinks that it is some sort of evil "monster gun" or worse yet an "assault rifle" because it has AR in it's nomenclature. "AR" does NOT stand for assault rifle. It stands for it's early version, made by the Armalite Corporation - ARMALITE RIFLE.

Little education for you...the round it fires is slightly more powerful that a .22 long rifle. You are a paranoid. I have a bolt action rifle (a 30-06) PRIMARILY used for hunting that can take your head off at nearly a mile. But it "looks" safe in your world.

I don't care for Glock. My Preference is Sig Sauer and H&K pistols. Just as deadly and built 10 times better. Once shot a prairie dog at 50 yards with my Sig 226. Luckiest shot of the day award.

Also, once shot a Christmas tree with my 12 Guage. Several of us went out hunting and decided to take this beautiful Frazier Fur home for my living room. No axe. So, we blew it down with shotguns.

Get a clue, will you? A firearm is nothing more than a tool, just like a knife is. IT IS ALWAYS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL AS TO HOW IT IS USED. I damn well don't need YOU telling ME how to utilize MY weapons.

Oh, and just for the record - my last elk was taken with a .308 that looked nearly identical to the examples in the above picture a AR-10 Ummmm....Elk.....good eating!! :D

Last edited:

You don't like it?

Fuck ya.

Let me get this straight. You are willing to accept the cost of gun. Violence, the tragic and continuous lose of life, innocent children killed in cross fire, people gunned down in theaters, churches, shopping centers and schools just so you can repel a cadre of storm troopers who exist ing your imagination only? You think that you and a gang of your buddies in a Dodge Durango hav a shot against the largest military in history?

That sums up your priorities? A serious public health hazard (because that what gun violence is beyond a criminal undertaking) is less important than your wish to play Rambo against imaginary Strom troopers?

The constitution says "well regulated militia". Some weapons were designed exclusively for combat. Those weapons have one value other than the amusement some feel when discharging them. That is to kill as many human beings as possible as quickly as possible. Those weapons belong in the hands of that well regulated militia, not on our streets. Or in our churches, schools, theaters and campuses.
And Government has ALL of them designed to KILL...Maybe WE should disband the military?

YOU would love that wouldn't you fuckstick? YOU have NO idea the price of Liberty.:eusa_hand:

You just showed your stupidity. EVERY gun EVER made was designed to KILL. You are one of those that sees this:

A4.gif

and thinks that it is some sort of evil "monster gun" or worse yet an "assault rifle" because it has AR in it's nomenclature. "AR" does NOT stand for assault rifle. It stands for it's early version, made by the Armalite Corporation - ARMALITE RIFLE.

Little education for you...the round it fires is slightly more powerful that a .22 long rifle. You are a paranoid. I have a bolt action rifle (a 30-06) PRIMARILY used for hunting that can take your head off at nearly a mile. But it "looks" safe in your world.

I don't care for Glock. My Preference is Sig Sauer and H&K pistols. Just as deadly and built 10 times better. Once shot a prairie dog at 50 yards with my Sig 226. Luckiest shot of the day award.

Also, once shot a Christmas tree with my 12 Guage. Several of us went out hunting and decided to take this beautiful Frazier Fur home for my living room. No axe. So, we blew it down with shotguns.

Get a clue, will you? A firearm is nothing more than a tool, just like a knife is. IT IS ALWAYS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL AS TO HOW IT IS USED. I damn well don't need YOU telling ME how to utilize MY weapons.

Oh, and just for the record - my last elk was taken with a .308 that looked nearly identical to the examples in the above picture a AR-10 Ummmm....Elk.....good eating!! :D
Rate of fire. That's what puts the "mass" in "mass shooting". Shoot all the bolt action rifles you like, but if you need rapid rate of fire and a large capacity magazine to hunt, I suggest you are no sportsman. Perhaps Lionel trains would be a better hobby. Because if rapid fire and lots of it is how you want to drop game, you're not hunting at all.

[B]compared to rifles it is TRUE[/B]......Obama wants to ban semi-auto rifles...so he should also ban knives....as well as hands, feet, clubs, and hammers....

Screenshot2013-01-18at34046PM.png

TRUE per FBI statistics...
Facebook post says more people were murdered with knives, body parts or blunt objects than with rifles | PolitiFact

There are ten enemies attacking you and you have a choice to defend yourself with your knife or your rifle ( LESOCOM), which one are you and most intelligent people are going to choose in MOST situations? Why do many people who are strong advocates of and believe in the Second Amendment want these firearms available? Especially when that "deadly" knife which is allegedly more "effective" is available?
Hey Rambo! Do you find yourself being attacked by ten assailants on a monthly basis?

I guess that you didn't read the entire context..........."genius"! :)

You don't like it?

Fuck ya.

Let me get this straight. You are willing to accept the cost of gun. Violence, the tragic and continuous lose of life, innocent children killed in cross fire, people gunned down in theaters, churches, shopping centers and schools just so you can repel a cadre of storm troopers who exist ing your imagination only? You think that you and a gang of your buddies in a Dodge Durango hav a shot against the largest military in history?

And Government has ALL of them designed to KILL...Maybe WE should disband the military?

YOU would love that wouldn't you fuckstick? YOU have NO idea the price of Liberty.:eusa_hand:
The price of liberty is 4,000 dead in Iraq, 2,700 in Afghanistan, 57,000 in Vietnam, another 45,000 in Korea, 680,000 in the Pacific and Europe and North Africa in World War II. And I believe we should have the best armed military on earth.

Are you suggesting that your paranoia of the military is stronger than your support of it? That's a prickly fence to straddle.

Suspect in custody after several stabbings reported at high school in western Pennsylvania | Fox News

Obviously knives have no place in civil society.

Knives can kill.

Anyone buying a knife should be registered.

Only a knife up to a 3" blade should be legal.

Background checks for all those people who buy knives should be instituted immediately.

We need to create Knife Free Zones- That will eliminate knife crimes.

Remember, people don't kill, knives do.

I totally see your point, but to politicize that tragedy only hours after it happened................

Liberals would never think of doing that. :eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle:

Where have I done such a thing?

A4.gif

Rate of fire. That's what puts the "mass" in "mass shooting". Shoot all the bolt action rifles you like, but if you need rapid rate of fire and a large capacity magazine to hunt, I suggest you are no sportsman. Perhaps Lionel trains would be a better hobby. Because if rapid fire and lots of it is how you want to drop game, you're not hunting at all.

You can't be this stupid, can you? Rate of fire!?!?! What the hell does that mean? I shoot one round at a time. One shot - one Elk. It bothers the hell out of you that a magazine that holds more than 2-3 rounds are used, doesn't it? Tough shit. My AR-10 Magazines hold anywhere from 10 to 30 rounds. So what?

Let's see....I spot a deer at 300 yards. Screw it. Fire an entire magazine at the poor thing and watch it run over the hill. I'm done for the day. ANY game after that is 3 miles away and STILL running. Like I said. you don't have a clue.

I have a crisp 10 dollar bill that says you've never been hunting one time in your life.

Last edited:

A4.gif

How long does it take to reload a knife?

A4.gif

How long does it take to reload a knife?

I'll relate a story from back in (about) 1974. I was stationed in Berlin and was tasked to go to a small town (Spier) and work with some French Legionaires who were doing an exposition in the town. I walked in on them practicing their hand-to hand techniques. They are well trained in Savate and close quarter knife combat.

I left that town two days later with a healthy respect for knife fighting. Never seen anything quite like that from then until now. Those guys were monsters. I always promised myself that if push ever came to shove with guys like that - I'd shoot first and ask questions later... :D

Forum List

Back