Star Trek Day - 55 years

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
Busy with other life doings, so didn't notice this until moments ago;

constitution-1.jpg

Last edited:
...some of the story themes are great .... This Side of Paradise was a good theme ...wasn't it about that having no problems, no hardships, status quo, etc will not allow you to live with emotions--live life ?
Shatner was a ham actor

...some of the story themes are great .... This Side of Paradise was a good theme ...wasn't it about that having no problems, no hardships, status quo, etc will not allow you to live with emotions--live life ?
Shatner was a ham actor
Shatner was universally disliked. Leonard Nimoy never spoke to him. Their feud was legendary.

Busy with other life doings, so didn't notice this until moments ago;

Hi guys, I'm new here, still trying to figure out the damn thing,! He he.
The Next Generation changed my life, it showed me what people who really cared for each other looked like, what they said and what they did, the respect, the dignity, ahhhh... Of course coming back from such a perfect world was not always easy, reality is such a waste of time, sometimes... ANYWAY, my fav episode? "The Shining Light" when Jean-Luc plays flute on a planet and he has a wife and children who grow really fast and friends who really love him and then... : )
Cheers, Rosalie.

Hi guys, I'm new here, still trying to figure out the damn thing,! He he.
The Next Generation changed my life, it showed me what people who really cared for each other looked like, what they said and what they did, the respect, the dignity, ahhhh... Of course coming back from such a perfect world was not always easy, reality is such a waste of time, sometimes... ANYWAY, my fav episode? "The Shining Light" when Jean-Luc plays flute on a planet and he has a wife and children who grow really fast and friends who really love him and then... : )
Cheers, Rosalie.

That episode was one of the best shows ever broadcast on American TV.

On the original series the episode called "City on the Edge of Forever" was excellent.

That episode was one of the best shows ever broadcast on American TV.

On the original series the episode called "City on the Edge of Forever" was excellent.
Harlan Ellison won a Hugo award for that one. Those were the days when real writers wrote screenplays. Now they are all written by committee.

Harlan Ellison won a Hugo award for that one. Those were the days when real writers wrote screenplays. Now they are all written by committee.

I read where they originally wanted to spend a ton of money on that episode and do it up right but the producers wouldn't let them. They ran over the budget a little bit but not to the extent they wanted to do it.

Also, the city scenes were shot on the set used for the Andy Griffin Show during off hours.

He also never spoke to Gene again because Gene and Dorothy had to do a serious rewrite of Harlan's story to make it into a 'Star Trek' episode, and Ellison was furious. But you can buy and read how "City" originally went and it is even better than the TV show.

Forum List

Back