State Nullification on Gay Marriage!

And yet the far left still can not post anything close to support their claims on gay "Marriage".

The arguments that you've refuted no one has made. While you've fastidiously avoided any argument that has actually been forwarded in this thread.

As for equal protection violations when a State fails to recognize a gay marriage as being legally valid, that point has been made. And supported by about 2 dozen seperate federal court rulings, as well as direct citation of the 14th amendment. Equal protection guarantees do exist. And they do apply if a gay and lesbians are denied the right to marry under the law.

"Marriage" is not a "right"

Says you. The Supreme Court recognizes marriage is a right. And a fundamental one.

Easy look at the posts that started this round you will see that, but if you wish to deny it, then fine, be like far left drone.

I already have. None of the 'quotes' you've offered for me are actually there. Nor can you present any. You've imagined them all.

If your claims had actual merit, you wouldn't have needed the strawmen to pummel.

Nope! You claimed that "Marriages" will be invalid if the government gets out of the business. Just deal that fact.

Yes the straw man that is being pushed by the far left that no can be "Married" unless the state say so..

No one's made that argument. I've said that you can't be legally married without the State recognizing your union. And its legally recognized marriage that gays and lesbians are fighting for in court.

Religious marriage can be whatever you imagine it is. As it has no relevance to the legal definitions.

And also if the government gets out of the business of "Marriage" those "Marriages" will be invalidated.

No one has made that argument either.

Is there anything to your claims but strawmen?

Yes they have! Especially you!

Personally I do not care if gay "Marriage" is legalized, I hope that it does become legal so they way they can see the NON benefits of it. Also they can lobby their far left masters to make "Marriage" penalties disappear.

You say there is no benefit. The law says there is. In terms of work benefits, interference, medical decisions, testifying in court, medical benefits, child custody, joint property, etc, there are legal privileges and rights for the married that the law protects.

Much like marriage being a right, just because you disagree doesn't mean the law magically changes to match whatever you imagine.

Nope! You claimed that "Marriages" will be invalid if the government gets out of the business.

Nope. If you believe I have, quote me. You can't. You're done.

I've said that marriage is a right. And if you're going to deny gays and lesbians the right to marry, you'll need a good reason.

There isn't one. Which is why the record of gay marriage opponents is essentially a perfect record of failure.[/quote]

Nope. You're refuting claims no one has made. What has been claimed (and affirmed by the federal judiciary about 2 dozen times) is that denying legal recognition of the marriages of gays and lesbians is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment, as there is no valid reason for such a denial of rights.

And marriage is a legally recognized and legally protected right, affirmed by the Supreme Court.

Nope! You claimed that "Marriages" will be invalid if the government gets out of the business.

Nope. If you believe I have, quote me. You can't. You're done.

I've said that marriage is a right. And if you're going to deny gays and lesbians the right to marry, you'll need a good reason.

There isn't one. Which is why the record of gay marriage opponents is essentially a perfect record of failure.
[/QUOTE]

Oh so the "Marriage" certificate is just a piece of paper like I said it was then..

Like I said send me $100 and I will print you one. You can have a piece of paper with the word "Marriage" on it.

Yes you said that it would "invalidate" Marriages if the government got out of the business. Thus the government is the ruling say so on who can get "Married" and thus once again shows you said such things..

Nope. You're refuting claims no one has made. What has been claimed (and affirmed by the federal judiciary about 2 dozen times) is that denying legal recognition of the marriages of gays and lesbians is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment, as there is no valid reason for such a denial of rights.

And marriage is a legally recognized and legally protected right, affirmed by the Supreme Court.

Nope they have been made.

and "Marriage" is not a "right". because an individual can take away said "right" just by telling you they are done with you.

Many states passed referenda and constitutional amendments declaring marriage as between one man and one woman. In some cases those votes passed with over 80% approval.
It's time states, which are sovereign, nullified meddling by Federal courts against the will of the people and simply declared that any official granting a license to anything other than two non-consanguineous single adults of the opposite sex will lose their salaries and benefits in perpetuity.

While gay marriage doesn't get under my skin, the courts certainly do.

I'd be all for doing what you say. But you have generations of work to do.

You need to unseat these black robed bastards and replace them with people who will treat the constitution the way you want it treated. I don't care if we call it orginalism or what ever. It is quite clear that whatever your point of view, you can't keep it in the public arena if you don't own the courts.

Ted (I'm so glad he's dead) Kennedy understood this and is why he hypocritically lectured Roberts and Alito in their confirmation hearings about "preserving" the gains of the last 50 years.

This is where the morons who run the GOP have failed. They have no vision at all in this regard.

and "Marriage" is not a "right". because an individual can take away said "right" just by telling you they are done with you.

Your point is correct. Marriage is not a right.

The Supreme Court says otherwise. Marriage is a legally protected and legally recognized right in our system of law.

If you're going to deny that right to gays and lesbians, you need a very good reason. And there isn't one.

Marriage becomes a rights issue when states recognize it under the law as a civil union. Once that happens, residents of that state are entitled to their constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

The Supreme Court says otherwise. Marriage is a legally protected and legally recognized right in our system of law.

If you're going to deny that right to gays and lesbians, you need a very good reason. And there isn't one.

Oh mean the one that was made not to long ago that you think is the blessing of the USSC? You mean like all the far left blog sites tells you it is?

Marriage becomes a rights issue when states recognize it under the law as a civil union. Once that happens, residents of that state are entitled to their constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

What "rights"? what "protections"?

That is simply stupid.

If you marriage is a right then a mother should be able to marry her son and a man should be able to ten women.

Gays and lesbians have been marrying since the first marriage laws came to pass

residents of that state are entitled to their constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

each person has a privilege to get married

as defined by the state

residents of that state are entitled to their constitutional right of equal protection under the law.

as defined by the state

Whatever that is supposed to mean. You can't constitutionally recognize opposite sex marriage and not same sex marriage - that is unconstitutional - because the two are sufficiently similar to fall under the right of equal protection.

as defined by the state

Whatever that is supposed to mean. You can't constitutionally recognize opposite sex marriage and not same sex marriage - that is unconstitutional - because the two are sufficiently similar to fall under the right of equal protection.

what dont you understand about a privilege

if it was a right you would not need an ok from the state

to get hitched

as defined by the state

Sufficiently similary... ?

What does that mean ? Oh wait, it wouldn't surprize me to find out you DON'T know the difference between a man and a woman.

Forum List

Back