Steeler player will not kneel for our flag during national anthem

On Monday, Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt explained that he will not kneel for our flag during the playing of the national anthem, noting of his grandmother’s success story after immigrating to the United States.

After doling out financial advice to other athletes, Tuitt said forcefully via social media, “Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that.”

“My grandmother was a immigrant from the Caribbean and age worked her a** off to bring 20 people over the right way,” he added. “She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now.”

Still, some, such as Tuitt, are bucking the new normal.

On Thursday, 27-year-old Sam Coonrod of the San Francisco Giants was the only baseball player who refused to kneel during a moment honoring Black Lives Matter in Dodger Stadium.

Coonrod said his Christian faith does not align with kneeling before anyone other than God, according to TMZ Sports.

As noted by The Daily Wire, Coonrod also cited the radical left-wing ideology of the Black Lives Matter movement.

“I just can’t get on board with a couple things I’ve read about Black Lives Matter, how they lean towards Marxism. And … they said some negative things about the nuclear family,” he said. “I just can’t get on board with that.”

Stand tall fellas. It takes guts to stand up for what you believe in the face of the bullying from the Left to conform to what we say or else.
That's fine. It's a choice. Let's hope he doesn't believe in forcing others to do has he has chosen to do.

Apparently no form of protest is acceptable. And here I thought Americans had a right to protest.

When will the first amendment be as import as the second?
You protest and show your America HATE on your own time, moron
What's the point of protest if nobody sees it?
I have to agree. If no one sees it, how will anyone know that it happened unless the protest is filmed so that it can be seen later.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If he isn't comfortable kneeling then he shouldn't.

what will you say if his fellow teammates bully him?

That they are wrong to do that. There have been more than one athlete that notes they support their team mates but won't kneel and have had no problems.

really? cause i only heard of one. when i heard of the second one, i heard he had some serious trouble and had to apologize. to appease the violent mob.

you do realize that your people, your side in this, is the side of vicious bullies, while my side is the side of good people who just want to live their lives?

No, I can't say that's true. Everytime there is a link noting a police officer getting arrested "your side" supports what they did or advocates for them being allowed to go even further.

incorrect. plenty of examples of cops being arrested for going to far and my side going, yes they were right to be arrested.

There hasn't been a single case where everyone said that. Many even defended Cauvin.

your media focuses on the questionable, controversial examples, to lie to you, to give you the illusion of "wacism" that you need to believe.

I wish it was my media.

well, "everyone" is a pretty strong term. but plenty of cases that never were reported on, because they did not support the wacism narrative.

hell, i recall one, im2 made a big deal about a cop that was "raping" black women by demanding sex for various forms of abuse of power, like not pressing charges for some charge, ect.

im2 tried to gin it up into something, because he was assigned an all white jury.

im2 assumed that meant that the fix was in.

i looked it up. read the link. that "all white jury" found the cop guilt of just about everything and he got like 200 years of hard time.

i pointed that out to him, and the thread, just died.

no one defended that white cop. not the white jury, not the conservatives on this site.

you can try searching for it, if you don't believe me.

Ahhhhhhh the kneeling thing. I find it comical. It's only done to get a reaction and it never fails over the top kooks react.

Pussified kneelers should be punched in the back of the head.

It's amazing to me these prima donna assholes making millions a year think they're special. Fck'em

Making millions of dollars per year and special?

Yet you vote for trump because he supposedly is wealthy and special.

your inability to understand is of epic scale.

I understand the making the NFL does mean your special.

Bitching about it makes you a wussy.

On Monday, Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt explained that he will not kneel for our flag during the playing of the national anthem, noting of his grandmother’s success story after immigrating to the United States.

After doling out financial advice to other athletes, Tuitt said forcefully via social media, “Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that.”

“My grandmother was a immigrant from the Caribbean and age worked her a** off to bring 20 people over the right way,” he added. “She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now.”

On Thursday, 27-year-old Sam Coonrod of the San Francisco Giants was the only baseball player who refused to kneel during a moment honoring Black Lives Matter in Dodger Stadium.

Coonrod said his Christian faith does not align with kneeling before anyone other than God, according to TMZ Sports.

As noted by The Daily Wire, Coonrod also cited the radical left-wing ideology of the Black Lives Matter movement.

“I just can’t get on board with a couple things I’ve read about Black Lives Matter, how they lean towards Marxism. And … they said some negative things about the nuclear family,” he said. “I just can’t get on board with that.”

Stand tall fellas. It takes guts to stand up for what you believe in the face of the bullying from the Left to conform to what we say or else.
There are many more who agree with these guys. They just aren't ready to take on the death threats and ostracism that will reign down from the Marxist BLM mob that now controls what is "morally just". This is insanity and is no part of America.
wait until the money stops.

Pro sports are on the verge of folding and those pampered millionaires will have to get an adult job.

Apparently no form of protest is acceptable. And here I thought Americans had a right to protest.

Not all forms of protest are the same. Are you too stupid to understand this?
Falling in line due to social and peer pressure is tacitly endorsing the violent Marxist group BLM and
that's precisely what weak minded leftists want to see, coerced kneeling or not.

Fall in line with the rest of the hamster minded left. You fit right in.
Are you denying there is police brutality? Following whatever you are using as logic, the protests are binary. Either coercion or ignorance.

whites die at the hands of police moron more then blacks, even though blacks commit 70 percent of the crime and come into contact with police much much more.

Good for him and good for the players whom kneel. Ain’t America a great place??

That very uninformed

no one is preventing America haters from kneeling

its people who dont kneel that are being pressured

I reject your premise that BLM iswealthy, violent and Marxist. These are constructs made up by you or the racists you admire to demean and dismiss the fact of police brutality.
Which part do you reject? The part in which BLM's leadership hierarchy is all Marxist trained and instructed?

The part that the organization is very wealthy and well funded?
Even if you don't count the millions from global vampire, George Sorros, George Soros gave Black Lives Matter and Antifa over $100 Million dollars | News Break BLM is still very wealthy and well off.

The part that shows the violence at the heart of BLM? Where you asleep when half of Minneapolis burned
down?

Police brutality exists just as spousal abuse exists. That doesn't mean every wife gets beaten up.
You have cartoonish simplefied views. Inform yourself.
That doesn't mean every black is victimized by the police, who are themselves blacks in many cases.

But we're not supposed to reveal facts about the scum; it ruins Nosmo's whole spam campaign on behalf of Democrats and legalizing black racist violence and criminal pastimes.

Not all forms of protest are the same. Are you too stupid to understand this?
Falling in line due to social and peer pressure is tacitly endorsing the violent Marxist group BLM and
that's precisely what weak minded leftists want to see, coerced kneeling or not.

Fall in line with the rest of the hamster minded left. You fit right in.
Are you denying there is police brutality? Following whatever you are using as logic, the protests are binary. Either coercion or ignorance.

whites die at the hands of police moron more then blacks, even though blacks commit 70 percent of the crime and come into contact with police much much more.
So Black Americans should be satisfied with their interactions with police? They should know their place and shut up?

The NBA and NFL cannot coddle BLM any more than what they are now doing. Protest words on their jerseys and their own national anthem and kneel as you please. This is wrong. Consider the NFL’s history, too.

* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling before each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
* In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
* In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
* In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure "eye black for breast cancer awareness.
* In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem..).
*In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty. * 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.
>> But they allowed Colin Kaepernick to wear socks before the game on the field with a bunch of pigs wearing cop hats on them. No problem there.

That very uninformed

no one is preventing America haters from kneeling

its people who dont kneel that are being pressured
How is protesting police brutality "America hating"? Do you think police brutality is an American virtue?

How is protesting police brutality "America hating"?
Because the rioters are attacking American institutions as racist when they are not

its a lie

when the left shows disrespect to the flag you are revealing your hate for the nation that the flag represents

when you attack the founding fathers you are attacking the nation they founded

That's it! I'm no longer supporting the Steelers. :mad:

:gs:

As if!!

ArtRooney-Believe.jpg

Good for him. This is what it should be; freedom of choice.

Forum List

Back