Steve Bannon subpoenas Nancy Pelosi and every member of the House J6 committee in his contempt of Congress case

Yes, but I don't think he has any right to confront them, in this case. He was served a subpoena, he has not complied. He can argue executive privilege, and that's the long and short of it. Unfortunately for him, that will fail, as he was not working for the President for the time during which he is being investigated. The burden of evidence of the prosecution is very light, they meet it easily. "The United states vs. Stevie Bannon", not "Pelosi vs."
Pelosi not present the day a few dozen unarmed trespassers almost overthrew the US government? Not allowed to call witnesses, how Stalin of you Leftards.

Our country is being invaded, our cops and children are being slaughtered, China is trying to manipulate us into a war with Russia, murderers and drug dealers are running our cities and courts, our education system is shot, people can't afford to live freely, our natural human rights are being challenged and our DOJ is above the law to name a few of our problems. So, what the hell is congress doing about it? The answer is nothing. They're off on another inquisition to destroy Trump, fucking idiots that they are.

You’re not being invaded.

Police are not being “slaughtered”.

You have a gun problem your politicians refuse to deal with.

Republicans have been destroying the education system since Reagan was elected because they want to eliminate free education for poor children.

The rest of your list is Republican lies and bullshit.

Republicans have been destroying the education system since Reagan was elected because they want to eliminate free education for poor children.

Funny how the population of Montreal illegally flooding into America is funny to you foreigners who envy America. But what’s even funnier is none of them are stupid enough to go to Kanadastan.

The innerweb irony meter just blew up..............again.

Yes, but I don't think he has any right to confront them, in this case. He was served a subpoena, he has not complied. He can argue executive privilege, and that's the long and short of it. Unfortunately for him, that will fail, as he was not working for the President for the time during which he is being investigated. The burden of evidence of the prosecution is very light, they meet it easily. "The United states vs. Stevie Bannon", not "Pelosi vs."
He is entitled to his defense. And although I do suspect that a judge will grant a motion to quash the subpoenas, that too becomes a preserved issue for an appeal. It is always a little legally dangerous for the court to deny the defendant his choice of defense.

The prosecution’s case does have a very light burden to meet. The elements seem pretty damn easy to meet — on the surface. The defense therefore must reach below that surface.

Pelosi not present the day a few dozen unarmed trespassers almost overthrew the US government? Not allowed to call witnesses, how Stalin of you Leftards.
You aren't saying we should call her so that she can recount being evacuated just minutes ahead of a mob of violent hillbillies. So spare me your embarrasisng, childish act.

Easy to say. Doesn't really speak to the topic at all though.

He is not entitled to doing anything he likes in his defense. So, easily dismissed.
No he is entitled to offer his defense, though. And the fact that you don’t see validity in his defense doesn’t necessarily make you correct. So, as usual, I’m the one who is speaking to the topic.

You should really try it.

No he is entitled to offer his defense, though
Agreed.

But that does not mean he is entitled to do anything at all in his defense.

So that point is easily dismissed, in this case.
Furthermore,, just as executive privilege can trump a sibpoena, these subpoenas will faill quickly due to congress having a similar protection.

Agreed.

But that does not mean he is entitled to do anything at all in his defense.

So that point is easily dismissed, in this case.
Furthermore,, just as executive privilege can trump a sibpoena, these subpoenas will faill quickly due to congress having a similar protection.
Maybe. Maybe not. But just because you, in your typically close-minded way, don’t wish to accept the proffered defense doesn’t mean that the proffered defense might not have merit.

I realize this will shock the hell out of you and your partisan pals, but the very purposes supposedly constituting the reasons for the creation of the committee probably don’t support their effort to subpoena anything from the Trump administration (in the long haul).

We shall see.

Maybe. Maybe not. But just because you, in your typically close-minded way, don’t wish to accept the proffered defense doesn’t mean that the proffered defense might not have merit.

I realize this will shock the hell out of you and your partisan pals, but the very purposes supposedly constituting the reasons for the creation of the committee probably don’t support their effort to subpoena anything from the Trump administration (in the long haul).

We shall see.
At desperately as you would like to make this about me, it isn't. These rules existed before I was even born. His only defense is that the executive privilege means he doesn't have to comply with the subpoenas. Unfortunately for him, that is an absurd defense that does not apply to him, as he was not working for the president at the time.

At desperately as you would like to make this about me, it isn't. These rules existed before I was even born. His only defense is that the executive privilege means he doesn't have to comply with the subpoenas. Unfortunately for him, that is an absurd defense that does not apply to him, as he was not working for the president at the time.
No. It’s not about you. That is in fact the point. I don’t care about your expressions of option formed by your partisan thinking. I’m telling you that regardless of your own views, the issues are more complicated. Get to learn that and you might gain some wisdom.

No. It’s not about you.
It always is with you, because your points generally suck, and this is all you have left. Commence with the daily hissy fit now.

Bannon has made his defense public. It's an absurd defense, because he did not work for the president at the time.

These are facts that are quite independent of your fetishes about me.

It always is with you, because your points generally suck, and this is all you have left. Commence with the daily hissy fit now.

Bannon has made his defense public. It's an absurd defense, because he did not work for the president at the time.

These are facts that are quite independent of your fetishes about me.
Once again you do the exact thing you whine, bitch, moan and cry about. Even as your busy denying that ta about you, you make it al about you with your never ending supply of horseshit.

You can set your panties all day every day til Kingdom comes, but you never make a valid point. So, to refocus this conversation, I’ll say it again. Ban on could easily get convicted. But the judge should hesitate before following the advice fools like you offer. Every defendant is entitled to offer his defense. And if the judge makes a legal determination that the proffered defense is not legally available to the defendant, then the conviction becomes more likely. But the risk is that a higher court might very well conclude that the judge made a reversible error.

You guys may be content with a cheap temporary win. I suppose you won’t even give a shit if it were to get reversed on appeal. But, that’s you. Other people do care about neutral principles and fairness.

I believe he is defending himself in court.

He has been arrested....and charged.....defense can have people subpoenaed for testimony.

Bullshit!

The defense can only have people subpoenaed that are pertinent to the case.

Believe it or not, most judges aren't idiots.

According you you, anyone on trial can simply subpoena everyone in the entire United States to stall their trial infinitely.

Bannon is just trying to stall as long as he can with bullshit subpoenas.

Bullshit!

According you you, anyone on trial can simply subpoena everyone in the entire United States to stall their trial infinitely.

Take a break. Only people who could be subpoenaed would be people who have a direct bearing the persons defense.
Anyone on trial could have anybody in the country subpoenaed, if they have a bearing on the case.

House hasn't responded yet last I heard. They may have a get out of jail free clause.

Bullshit!

Pelosi is ignorant about the subject?

Forum List

Back