Steve Bannon subpoenas Nancy Pelosi and every member of the House J6 committee in his contempt of Congress case

The fact that the right wing doesn't know that Bannon threatened exactly what happened the day before is no surprise to me. They are clueless.
you are the clueless ones, as per usual..

we don't CARE... Only those satisfied w/ the status quo (America Last, in other words) would say that an insurrection of the People is bad despite our country being stolen
out from under us by evildoers.

+

If so, why is Bannon being charged?
Because Congressional subpoenas are valid.

At most, a single subpoena to have the Chairman of the Jan. 6 committee, or an aide, testify as to the reasons that Bannon was subpoenaed would be reasonable. Even that's going a bit far - Congress has the power to subpoena anyone without having to justify it.

But Bannon's attempt to subpoena Pelosi and the entire committee is nothing but pure political bullshit meant to stall the Jan. 6 committee.

No, I want equal enforcement of the law. If those before Bannon weren't charged and arrested, then he or anyone else shouldn't be either.

It's 'your side' creating the problem.

I detect a Bannon boner......you realize also, pretty much the same people are in FBI and DOJ as in the past several administrations, don't you?
I don’t have a partisan side. I just don’t think that two wrong make a right. Learned that one in grade school

you are the clueless ones, as per usual..

we don't CARE... Only those satisfied w/ the status quo (America Last, in other words) would say that an insurrection of the People is bad despite our country being stolen
out from under us by evildoers.

+
It was not an insurrection of the people. It was an insurrection by Trump aided by the Faux Infotainment Group who groomed their viewers, aka his followers, to believe.

:oops8:

The dems have run-up on someone that will live by the feud on them.....Just for fun. :banana:
I don’t wish to be a wet blanket. But the defendant’s subpoenas are likely to be quashed. Too bad.

A judge with a sense of Justice and fairness might say, “No. You can’t subpoena in every then member of Congress. But I will grant a subpoena for the Speaker of the House and for the Chairman of the Committee who signed the subpoena.” That might satisfy Mr. Bannon’s legitimate needs as a criminal defendant and his right to a fair trial and his right to confront his accusers.

It was not an insurrection of the people. It was an insurrection by Trump aided by the Faux Infotainment Group who groomed their viewers, aka his followers, to believe.
Thanks for the gibberish ^ BlindPoo.

Because Congressional subpoenas are valid.

At most, a single subpoena to have the Chairman of the Jan. 6 committee, or an aide, testify as to the reasons that Bannon was subpoenaed would be reasonable. Even that's going a bit far - Congress has the power to subpoena anyone without having to justify it.

But Bannon's attempt to subpoena Pelosi and the entire committee is nothing but pure political bullshit meant to stall the Jan. 6 committee.
I believe he is defending himself in court.

He has been arrested....and charged.....defense can have people subpoenaed for testimony.

I don’t wish to be a wet blanket. But the defendant’s subpoenas are likely to be quashed. Too bad.

A judge with a sense of Justice and fairness might say, “No. You can’t subpoena in every then member of Congress. But I will grant a subpoena for the Speaker of the House and for the Chairman of the Committee who signed the subpoena.” That might satisfy Mr. Bannon’s legitimate needs as a criminal defendant and his right to a fair trial and his right to confront his accusers.
Yes, but I don't think he has any right to confront them, in this case. He was served a subpoena, he has not complied. He can argue executive privilege, and that's the long and short of it. Unfortunately for him, that will fail, as he was not working for the President for the time during which he is being investigated. The burden of evidence of the prosecution is very light, they meet it easily. "The United states vs. Stevie Bannon", not "Pelosi vs."

Yes, but I don't think he has any right to confront them, in this case. He was served a subpoena, he has not complied. He can argue executive privilege, and that's the long and short of it. Unfortunately for him, that will fail, as he was not working for the President for the time during which he is being investigated. The burden of evidence of the prosecution is very light, they meet it easily. "The United states vs. Stevie Bannon", not "Pelosi vs."
With subpoenaed witness testimony for his defense.

Our country is being invaded, our cops and children are being slaughtered, China is trying to manipulate us into a war with Russia, murderers and drug dealers are running our cities and courts, our education system is shot, people can't afford to live freely, our natural human rights are being challenged and our DOJ is above the law to name a few of our problems. So, what the hell is congress doing about it? The answer is nothing. They're off on another inquisition to destroy Trump, fucking idiots that they are.
Lunacy.

Forum List

Back