Steve Forbes to GOP: make like scarecrow and get a brain

True. Perhaps I should have said that first. However, I think we have two gops. One is a group of traditional conservatives who will accept that perhaps the govt has a role in regulating a healthcare market. Another is a group that believes govt is always an enemy, and sees an apocolypse aroung the bend unless govt is "drowned in a bathtub'

I don't believe the govt has any role in healthcare. I also don't believe the govt is an enemy. I also believe that govt is huge and worthless now.

so, you want to repeal medicare? Tax credits for employers who buy healthcare as a benefit for employees?

Last edited:
As you were saying, repealing isn't going to happen. The numbers simply aren't there. I would propose a plan in direct contrast to the ocare.

Why should the American people have to pay for the New Health Care when Businesses are exempt for a year?
The Republicans want the rest of Americans to have that same year of reprieve.
Not funding it for a year gives all of us the same treatment.
It was illegal for President Obama to give businesses an extra year before going on the New Health Care Law. It needs to be done by congress not by executive order.

If Businesses are exempt until 2015 so should the rest of us.

Why should the American people have to pay for the New Health Care when Businesses are exempt for a year?
The Republicans want the rest of Americans to have that same year of reprieve.
Not funding it for a year gives all of us the same treatment.
It was illegal for President Obama to give businesses an extra year before going on the New Health Care Law. It needs to be done by congress not by executive order.

If Businesses are exempt until 2015 so should the rest of us.

A good question, imo. However, the House defunding does nothing to actually raise that issue, or propose something to address healthcare market problems, which was the point of Forbes' oped.

I intially like him in 2000, but bushii outmanuvered him. I voted McCain in the primary.

All this advice to the GOP while the Country is imploding under Barry Hussein.

Obamacare is the law of the land. Regardless of how many temper tantrums the Republicans throw, it will not go away

Republicans have had 40 votes to repeal Obamacare. If they had 40 votes to improve it, maybe we would get somewhere

I remember some twenty years ago when Rushbo like the idea of Forbes for president.

Forbes' brain continued to develop and Rush's grew dark.

Obamacare is the law of the land. Regardless of how many temper tantrums the Republicans throw, it will not go away

Republicans have had 40 votes to repeal Obamacare. If they had 40 votes to improve it, maybe we would get somewhere

And the Democrats will own it lock, stock, and barrel. Regardless of how often the likes of Obama say it was a bipartisan effort and overwhelming majority and other catch phrases intended to make it sound like it wasn't jammed down the American people's throat by a single party, the Democrats will own Obamacare and all the pain that comes with it.

People I worked with were Kool-Aid drinking Obama backers who changed their tune as soon as their insurance rates doubled after Obamacare passed. They couldn't even pretend it was the Republicans' fault.

The Republicans are trying to break the record for failed attempts at killing which currently stands at 42 without succeeding.

Symbolic gestures are meaningless, pointless, and a waste of time. If the R's had brains, they would be offering up something in stark contrast to ocare with no govt intervention but again they're not very bright.

And the Democrats will own it lock, stock, and barrel. Regardless of how often the likes of Obama say it was a bipartisan effort and overwhelming majority and other catch phrases intended to make it sound like it wasn't jammed down the American people's throat by a single party, the Democrats will own Obamacare and all the pain that comes with it.

People I worked with were Kool-Aid drinking Obama backers who changed their tune as soon as their insurance rates doubled after Obamacare passed. They couldn't even pretend it was the Republicans' fault.

Thats why we call it Obamacare

We will look back at all this in 30 years and wonder what all the fuss was about. Republicans will be reminded of how hard they fought against it and will tell us they really supported Obamacare but were against it on "principle"
Just like Social Security

Symbolic gestures are meaningless, pointless, and a waste of time. If the R's had brains, they would be offering up something in stark contrast to ocare with no govt intervention but again they're not very bright.

Absolutely

Show us a better path and we can take it. But the GOP policy of "Repeal it and we will tell you what we will replace it with later" rings hollow

It is the same thing they said about Hillarycare in the 1990s

Yeah right, cherry picked words are a dime a dozen since (tax exempt) Media Matters and Newshounds are on the job 24/7 but the freaking Country is falling apart and nobody seems to be giving the president much advice.

Absolutely

Show us a better path and we can take it. But the GOP policy of "Repeal it and we will tell you what we will replace it with later" rings hollow

It is the same thing they said about Hillarycare in the 1990s

Majority was against hillarycare as they are ocare without any such alternative. Even Bill acknowledged that when he told everyone that he heard them.

Forum List

Back