Steve Forbes to GOP: make like scarecrow and get a brain

Steve Forbes nails it. I would rep him were he here. :)

How many times have I said, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT? The GOP falls flat on its face at the 'and then what' part.

Forbes:
Defunding this monstrous legislation, however, is even more unpopular than the bill itself.

The dipshits need to repeat this to themselves again and again until they get it.

So what should the GOP do? It should take the President up on his taunt that the Republicans have no alternative: “There’s not even a pretense now that they’re going to replace it with something better.”

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!

Forbes then goes on to make several proposals which he believes are better alternatives than ObamaCare.

That is exactly where the GOP suffers catastrophic fail: It does not offer up superior ideas, just criticisms of other people's ideas.

How many times have I said, "Repeal ObamaCare...AND THEN WHAT? The GOP falls flat on its face at the 'and then what' part.

Forbes:
Defunding this monstrous legislation, however, is even more unpopular than the bill itself.

The dipshits need to repeat this to themselves again and again until they get it.

So what should the GOP do? It should take the President up on his taunt that the Republicans have no alternative: “There’s not even a pretense now that they’re going to replace it with something better.”

Forbes then goes on to make several proposals which he believes are better alternatives than ObamaCare.

That is exactly where the GOP suffers catastrophic fail: It does not offer up superior ideas, just criticisms of other people's ideas.

Once they present their own ideas they are open for criticism. Most of the attacks and criticism will come from within their own ranks

Better to stand on the sidelines and throw stones

I would support my party if it would come up with a reasonable alternative.

However, the GOP is so deep in the pockets of the medical and health and insurance industries that it can't.

Accept this mutant creation and then mold it when we get power back.

Forbes:

Once they present their own ideas they are open for criticism. Most of the attacks and criticism will come from within their own ranks

Better to stand on the sidelines and throw stones

:lol: That makes sense. They have had way more practice at that and they suck at governing comparatively speaking. (Dems just suck at it less than Republicans. ;))

I would support my party if it would come up with a reasonable alternative.

However, the GOP is so deep in the pockets of the medical and health and insurance industries that it can't.

Accept this mutant creation and then mold it when we get power back.

Well, I don't think it's about the gop being in the pocket of the industries. Obama didn't exactly hit them with a nuclear option. If we end up with single payor, it'll be because employers want that instead of paying benefits. Plus, Obama's admin has approved waivers under the law that allow states to opt into putting up state dollars to get the medicaid match of federal dollars, but the states can use the money to let people buy private insurance and NOT expand their medicaid programs.

I suspect the dems could accept a lot of Forbes' ideas, in exchange for no more challanges to fundig. But, the bottom line is the Gop house simply wants to do nothing. They are adamently opposed to using federal money, or even extending tax credits, to fund HC. And not the rank hypocrisy of many, including on this board, who'll parrot, "tax credits hogwash, the gummit shouldn't tax you in the first place," which of course ignores the fact that w/o the tax credit, a person pays more taxes.

I don't see how we can do anything (including nothing at all) and not have govt influencing the markets. No govt influence to me says go back to pre medicare, where people really did bargain with chickens for doctor visits. There aren't enough chickens to pay for an MRI. Further, in Japan and Taiwan, the same MRI machine costs a fraction of what the same machine costs here, because Siemens can a US hospital to pay the price.

Further, we already have medicare, and it's not going away. Plus, employer sponsored plans are paid for in large part by tax credits to employers. I suppose in theory we could end the tax credits to employers and transfer a dollar for dollar credit to individuals ... but voters would never buy into that. That's really why the dems never tried single payor by the front door, ie don't take my nice plan away and put me on medicare.

There are things consistent with conservatism that can be done. For example, national exchanges and allowing people to decide how much coverage they need. Conservatives trust people to make good decisions when they have all the facts.

Forum List

Back