Steve Martin had to delete his Tweet on Carrie Fisher???

b0615be7cd6aac7358cc5a52b25782b2.jpg

JakeStarkey

which one?
huh?

Which one is Jake?

His tweet was not sexist.

Those who think it sexist are people to ignore in life generally, much like common sense folks ignore alt right and far right. They are the minority, you know.
I knew you'd eventually post something I could agree with! :2up:

Those who think it sexist are people to ignore in life generally, much like common sense folks ignore alt right and far right. They are the minority, you know.

Well of course it wasn't sexist.......except to the leftist snowflakes and their tinfoil ideals you defend here daily.

It gets dumber and dumber.

NYT Dinged for Using Gold Bikini Photo, But it was Carrie Fisher’s Most Feminist Look

The New York Times is taking heat on Twitter for using a picture of Carrie Fisher in her famous (or infamous) golden bikini from Return of the Jedi as their header for Fisher’s obituary.

Online, the Times’s retrospective on Fisher’s life and career used a more innocent photo from the first Star Wars film, but on social media, it went for, arguably, Fisher’s most controversial look — the infamous “slave Leia” costume she wore as a captive of the intergalactic crime lord, Jabba the Hutt.

But while Carrie Fisher wasn’t thrilled with the costume (as she told Daisy Ridley, when the latter was cast as the lead in the Star Wars sequel, The Force Awakens), she was strictly opposed to banning it, telling the Wall Street Journal that the costume had purpose, and that it represented a seminal moment in the character’s story.

The father who flipped out about it, “What am I going to tell my kid about why she’s in that outfit?” Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn’t like it. And then I took it off. Backstage.

Yes, she had to wear it because she got captured, but she used Jabba's own vices to get close enough to strangle his puddle-slug ass.

This is unbelievable. WTF is wrong with people? He was being kind and sincere, for christ's sake!

Steve Martin deletes Twitter tribute to Carrie Fisher after backlash
Steve Martin deletes Twitter tribute to Carrie Fisher after backlash

"On Tuesday, the comic wrote in a since-deleted tweet, "When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well."

He deleted it because of the backlash calling it sexist.

Why is it people that are born stupid go out of their way to prove it?
He deleted it because of the backlash calling it sexist.

Why is it people that are born stupid go out of their way to prove it
Girl...I'm telling you, the CDC needs to seriously consider
stupidity as an infectious disease... stupidity, it's an epidemic!

Only because I am right on this, as usual. You made a wrong turn.
It reminded me of something Winston Churchill once said....
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”

You proved him right. :)

Only because I am right on this, as usual. You made a wrong turn.
It reminded me of something Winston Churchill once said....
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” You proved him right. :)
See, you are wrong again.

Jeez, a guy cant even say some nice words for a departed friend without lefties demonizing him for it. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Your party has fallen soooo far in the last couple decades. Your behavior is disgusting.

EVERY American male fantasized about that princess Leia bikini scene. THAT is the Carrie Fisher we remember (though the Pheobe Cates bikini scene was hotter).

While I'm glad the libs here aren't part of THIS PC war. I'm amazed they are so oblivious to the fact that it is THEIR people pushing this nonsense. EVERYTHING "offends" the libturd.

EVERY American male fantasized about that princess Leia bikini scene. THAT is the Carrie Fisher we remember (though the Pheobe Cates bikini scene was hotter).

While I'm glad the libs here aren't part of THIS PC war. I'm amazed they are so oblivious to the fact that it is THEIR people pushing this nonsense. EVERYTHING "offends" the libturd.
so is that not phoebe cates in the photo?

You know, there was nothing wrong with that tweet. Steve Martin was simply referring to the fact that she rose to cult idol status BECAUSE of how good looking she was, and later, everyone noticed she was smart and funny as well and had depth. Not only did she produce and star in her own show, but she has also written several best selling books as well.

Yeah, we first noticed her for her looks, but we also noticed her for her brains and humor as well. That's all Steve Martin was referring to.

If you have to get offended, get offended at the Cinnabon tweet that showed Carrie Fisher with a large cinnamon roll as one of her famous braids, and saying that she will always have the best buns in the galaxy. That was nothing more than a shameful marketing ploy, using her death as a way to sell their product.

Forum List

Back