Steven Seagal launches Aikido centre to train "russians" for military service

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
so he is not just an useful idiot but a traitor ... question , who else are gonna perform and what for putin´s gang ?

1200x-1.jpg

Steven Seagal Movie Shadow Man Is So Bad It'll Give You Syphilis - Worst Movie Ever​

If thy are relying on hand to hand combat rather than weapons and technology, well, I don't know what to say. Hopefully peace is found soon.

Maybe the training will build their confidence, it can't hurt. Bullets do unfortunately. Humans seem to never learn this lesson (especially when aggressive leaders are many miles away from the gun fighting).

He's doing Ukraine a favor. lol There's a good reason you don't hear about Aikido very often in real combat sports. It's a bullshit martial art.

It's a defensive martial art. It depends on the other person to be the attacker and then it defends. But it can't be the aggressor. As for the comparison to the other Martial Arts, if you are going to attack and keep attacking then your worst nightmare would be an Aikido master. But if you are going to carefully do your attack, it's one of the weakest.

It's a defensive martial art. It depends on the other person to be the attacker and then it defends. But it can't be the aggressor. As for the comparison to the other Martial Arts, if you are going to attack and keep attacking then your worst nightmare would be an Aikido master. But if you are going to carefully do your attack, it's one of the weakest.
If that was the case you would see Aikido moves used defensively in combat sports. Mixed martial arts for example tries to take the best of all worlds. If Aikido was actually useful for defense you would see at the very least elements of it implemented in MMA. It's a nonsense martial art that requires a compliant opponent.

If that was the case you would see Aikido moves used defensively in combat sports. Mixed martial arts for example tries to take the best of all worlds. If Aikido was actually useful for defense you would see at the very least elements of it implemented in MMA. It's a nonsense martial art that requires a compliant opponent.

Most Martial Arts don't make it past the Dojos front door for usefulness. MMA is a different animal and I use Animal in it's correct meaning. MMA doesn't really use a lot of defensive moves but it does use a ton of offensive ones. Aikido is "Pretty" and only defensive. MMA is brutal and offensive. I don't know of many Martial Artists that can exist in a MMA fight if that is all he's bringing to the table.

I know you know it all so I won't "Discuss" it further with you.

If two equally talented men got into a fight, one trained in Aikido and the other trained in any relevant martial art used in MMA, it's almost certain that the Aikido fighter would get crushed, save some miracle.
AIkido, like Ju-Jitsu and Judo are all grappling/defensive techniques. They are excellent arts in those type scenarios.

AIkido, like Ju-Jitsu and Judo are all grappling/defensive techniques. They are excellent arts in those type scenarios.
Judo and Jiu Jitsu are effective martial arts that find great success in MMA. Aikido is not and does not.

Forum List

Back