Still have your masks?

Seems to be aimed at the Gulf Coast and Eastern Seaboard for now.
Yep. Not afraid to use it.
IMG_2419.jpeg

Actually the dust cloud started in DC, from the White House.

Scientists thought it was snow at first but then realized it was far too warm for that.
Shit, is could be Diane Frankenstien's coffin opening up on a daily basis. All that gas coming out from over night.

diane-feinstein.jpg

But a cloth mask can stop dust particles which are larger than virus, You will have to clean the masks if they get too caked up with dust.

I have a couple dozen I made from unbleached organic cotton, for those times I absolutely could not avoid wearing one, and also as gifts for lucky people. You don't throw out such a work of brilliance.

Oh! I also have several that I made for sale to the idiot leftists on Etsy -- those that had a seam not quite straight or some other small flaw that make them unsaleable.

Me and mine will be cool.

Do you actually believe that surgical masks do nothing? Does that mean you'd willingly undergo surgery under non-sterile conditions?
Non sequitur.

1) Surgical masks are used to keep the attendees from infecting the patient via the open wound.

2) The environment in which they are used is closed and under negative pressurization (try that in your local grocery store).

3) They have an effective life span of 1/2 hour +/-.

4) The admonition on the off-the shelf face diapers....

Box.jpeg

Any other silly questions?

Last edited:
Non sequitur.
Wrong
1) Surgical masks are used to keep the attendees from infecting the patient via the open wound.
So they stop the spread of infection. That is not doing "nothing", is it
2) The environment in which they are used is closed and under negative pressurization (try that in your local grocery store).
Wrong. Isolation rooms are kept at negative pressures but operating rooms are kept at positive pressures. No one is going enter an isolation room in a cheap knock-off mask. See COVID-19 and Hospital and Facility Administration.
3) They have an effective life span of 1/2 hour +/-.
For a doctor in an OR, sure.
4) The admonition on the off-the shelf face diapers....
Do you think people are wearing such masks into ORs?
Any other silly questions?
You haven't answered the first one. Would you be willing to have surgery under non-sterile conditions?

Right....Comparing a closed system with everyday life is a total non sequitur.
So they stop the spread of infection. That is not doing "nothing", is it
IN A CLOSED ENVIRONMENT.
Wrong. Isolation rooms are kept at negative pressures but operating rooms are kept at positive pressures. No one is going enter an isolation room in a cheap knock-off mask. See COVID-19 and Hospital and Facility Administration.
Yet all the hoi polloy wore were cheap knock-off masks...Do you ever even give a moment's thought before hitting that "Post reply" button?
For a doctor in an OR, sure.
Is a fucking grocery store an OR?
Do you think people are wearing such masks into ORs?

You haven't answered the first one. Would you be willing to have surgery under non-sterile conditions?
Fucking idiot.

Right....Comparing a closed system with everyday life is a total non sequitur.
ORs are not closed systems and whether or not the environment was controlled has no effect whatsoever on what the mask does and does not do.
IN A CLOSED ENVIRONMENT.

Yet all the hoi polloy wore were cheap knock-off masks...
Cloth masks were popular at first and were very ineffective. Then they moved to surgical masks which would provide 20% protection for a 5 minute, 6 foot exposure if both parties wore them. Then they moved to N-95s and KN-95s. Now, with the widespread vaccination of the population, mask use has declined significantly. I don't wear a mask unless I expect population density to exceed roughly 1 person/100 sq ft. Then I use a KN-95. Here is a graphic from a study comparing N-95s to cloth masks augmented with HEPA filters.
41403_2023_394_Fig6_HTML.jpg

Obviously, these masks are reducing exposure.

Do you ever even give a moment's thought before hitting that "Post reply" button?

Is a fucking grocery store an OR?

Fucking idiot.
I'm still wondering why you won't answer my question? If you think surgical masks do nothing, why would you care whether or not your surgeon was wearing one? It could be argued that it might detract from his concentration and technique. Mightn't you prefer he go without?

ORs are not closed systems and whether or not the environment was controlled has no effect whatsoever on what the mask does and does not do.

Cloth masks were popular at first and were very ineffective. Then they moved to surgical masks which would provide 20% protection for a 5 minute, 6 foot exposure if both parties wore them. Then they moved to N-95s and KN-95s. Now, with the widespread vaccination of the population, mask use has declined significantly. I don't wear a mask unless I expect population density to exceed roughly 1 person/100 sq ft. Then I use a KN-95. Here is a graphic from a study comparing N-95s to cloth masks augmented with HEPA filters.
41403_2023_394_Fig6_HTML.jpg

Obviously, these masks are reducing exposure.

I'm still wondering why you won't answer my question? If you think surgical masks do nothing, why would you care whether or not your surgeon was wearing one? It could be argued that it might detract from his concentration and technique. Mightn't you prefer he go without?
Always with the silly-assed charts and graphs that prove nothing.

Real surgical masks weren't readily available to the general population and might have been marginally effective, if used properly and changed every 15 minutes or so...Neither of which was the norm for any of the ninnies walking around in useless off-the-shelf face diapers.

FACT: Face diapers in the general population are inefective for anything other than virtue signalling or announcing to the world that you believe everything you're told, without a single analytical thought in your head.

Oh, and you're still a fucking idiot.

Always with the silly-assed charts and graphs that prove nothing.

Real surgical masks weren't readily available to the general population and might have been marginally effective, if used properly and changed every 15 minutes or so...Neither of which was the norm for any of the ninnies walking around in useless off-the-shelf face diapers.

FACT: Face diapers in the general population are inefective for anything other than virtue signalling or announcing to the world that you believe everything you're told, without a single analytical thought in your head.

Oh, and you're still a fucking idiot.
I'm the head of a family all of whom have had every vaccination and booster available and who have all worn masks when needed and who have all completely avoided COVID infection.

I got some o' dem dere pull-over-the-head stretchy "masks" that are basically like a stretchier bandanna.

I use 'um for mowing/weedeating. They filter dust OK.
Have you had a chance to try them on wildfire smoke? I'm in northern Wisconsin and we got a few days where the haze from the Canada fires was visible within a single suburban block and the smell of wood smoke was strong. If you put on an N-95 mask you couldn't smell it anymore.

Forum List

Back