STOP worrying Earth is getting hotter

Would that appreciation come before or after your house burned down and your family lost everything?
Is it an appreciation? If by appreciation you mean a full understanding of a situation, sure. But if you mean recognition and enjoyment of its good qualities, I'm not so sure. It is what it is, right? My enjoyment or apprehension has no bearing on it one way or another.

Is it an appreciation? If by appreciation you mean a full understanding of a situation, sure. But if you mean recognition and enjoyment of its good qualities, I'm not so sure. It is what it is, right? My enjoyment or apprehension has no bearing on it one way or another.
"It is what it is, right?" The ultimate in fatalism and defeatism.

That would be incorrect. I can control many thing but the weather isn't one of them.
So if the weatherman says a major storm is coming and will likely flood your neighborhood you'd say "It is what it is" since you can't control the weather?

What should we do if the global climate is changing? Prepare or just say "it is what it is"?
Climate isn't the same as weather. Just because it is wise to prepare for changing weather conditions, doesn't mean it is wise to prepare for changing climate. You can't change weather. You can't change climate.

How do you propose we prepare for changing climate?

What should we do if the global climate is changing?

It has always been changing. The point is to figure out why.

Co2 and Sun do nothing to CHANGE the climate.

Climate change on Earth is about ice.

90% on Antarctica
7% on Greenland

land moves

Climate isn't the same as weather. Just because it is wise to prepare for changing weather conditions, doesn't mean it is wise to prepare for changing climate. You can't change weather. You can't change climate.

How do you propose we prepare for changing climate?
Sorry to break the news to you but man has already changed his (local) climate in many places in times past. Alas, though ignorance, generally for the worse. But that just shows we can do it. We can do big, global-scale engineering or many local efforts.

Sorry to break the news to you but man has already changed his (local) climate in many places in times past. Alas, though ignorance, generally for the worse. But that just shows we can do it. We can do big, global-scale engineering or many local efforts.
So you think that means man can control the climate and by effect the weather?

Cooling the entire planet is very different than cutting down all the trees and overgrazing in a small area.

People fighting over worthless desert in the Middle East for hundreds of years proves otherwise.

Does it?

Take Nigeria, loads of Nigerians are leaving their country, and they're pumping out babies like there's no tomorrow.

Cooling the entire planet is very different than cutting down all the trees and overgrazing in a small area.
It is just a matter of scale. What if we painted a plastic bottle white or silver and threw it into the ocean. It would float and reflect sunlight that otherwise would be absorbed by the ocean. How many billions of plastic bottles do we throw away every year, what if we used them? Cheap and low tech so any country can produce them. What if we had boy scout and girl scout troops across the globe collecting and painting the bottles? Cheap labor.

Forum List

Back