STOP worrying Earth is getting hotter

trying to extrapolate "climate data" from small island Iceland is pretty fucking stupid.
I'm sure you're right, so maybe you could explain how 11% of Iceland came to be permanently covered by glaciers while experiencing steady volcanic activity?

I'm sure you're right, so maybe you could explain how 11% of Iceland came to be permanently covered by glaciers while experiencing steady volcanic activity?

The volcanic activity does not cover all of the land there. That is why people can live there.

There are also mountains too. That's where the ice you cite is, on mountains away from the perpetually active fault line.

Polar regions receive the least amount of solar radiation and both polar regions are thermally isolated from warm marine currents with the southern pole being more thermally isolated than the northern pole - which explains why it has a higher temperature threshold for glaciation than the northern pole, while the northern pole has more surrounding land for glaciation to spread which explains why the planet's climate is mostly determined by what happens in the northern hemisphere.

There is data and there is taxpayer funded fudged fraud. You are citing fudged fraud. If what you cite was actually true, there would be an ocean rise, and there isn't. NASA explained why...

You cherry-picker you. :no_text11:
outdatedmessagebox_center.jpg

CLAIM: Photos of the Statue of Liberty from 1898 and 2017 show that sea levels have not risen significantly.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Sea level rise in the New York City area as well as globally has been documented by scientific bodies. The comparison of the two photos is misleading because it doesn’t account for tidal fluctuations, experts say.

THE FACTS: Posts falsely suggesting that side-by-side photos of Liberty Island show that sea level rise is a myth have spread across social media platforms including Twitter and TikTok in recent days.

The posts feature a black and white photo of the Statue of Liberty dated 1898, as well as a color photo of the statue from a slightly different angle supposedly dated 2017. The water levels are similar in both photos.

The volcanic activity does not cover all of the land there. That is why people can live there.

There are also mountains too. That's where the ice you cite is, on mountains away from the perpetually active fault line.
So first you claim that glaciers are melting because of volcanic activity and now you claim the ice is far from the volcanic activity. Which is it?

You cherry-picker you. :no_text11:
outdatedmessagebox_center.jpg

CLAIM: Photos of the Statue of Liberty from 1898 and 2017 show that sea levels have not risen significantly.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Sea level rise in the New York City area as well as globally has been documented by scientific bodies. The comparison of the two photos is misleading because it doesn’t account for tidal fluctuations, experts say.

THE FACTS: Posts falsely suggesting that side-by-side photos of Liberty Island show that sea level rise is a myth have spread across social media platforms including Twitter and TikTok in recent days.

The posts feature a black and white photo of the Statue of Liberty dated 1898, as well as a color photo of the statue from a slightly different angle supposedly dated 2017. The water levels are similar in both photos.

Absolutely pathetic.

There are your side's bogus claims and then there is verifiable truth that refutes all of it...

Ocean "warming" - you can post another taxpayer funded fudge chart showing "warming" of the oceans, which are absolutely NOT WARMING AT ALL and the proof of that is the TRUTH of the HURRICANE data, showing the strongest decade on record is still the 1940s...

Ocean "Rise" - you can post taxpayer funded fudged fraud like you just did, and lie about why the Statue of Liberty is at the same level it was 100 years ago. Your side has NO PHOTOS of anything sinking, because the oceans are not rising, because there is NO ONGOING NET ICE MELT...

So first you claim that glaciers are melting because of volcanic activity and now you claim the ice is far from the volcanic activity. Which is it?

LOL!!!!

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica
7% on Greenland
0.3% on Ellesmere Island

97.3% of Earth ice is on the land masses closest to the poles. WHY???

Absolutely pathetic.

There are your side's bogus claims and then there is verifiable truth that refutes all of it...

Ocean "warming" - you can post another taxpayer funded fudge chart showing "warming" of the oceans, which are absolutely NOT WARMING AT ALL and the proof of that is the TRUTH of the HURRICANE data, showing the strongest decade on record is still the 1940s...

Ocean "Rise" - you can post taxpayer funded fudged fraud like you just did, and lie about why the Statue of Liberty is at the same level it was 100 years ago. Your side has NO PHOTOS of anything sinking, because the oceans are not rising, because there is NO ONGOING NET ICE MELT...
Moving the goalposts? I never mentioned sea level rise or ocean warming, I only asked you to explain the shrinking glaciers and you have not yet given a coherent answer. I can wait.

Moving the goalposts? I never mentioned sea level rise or ocean warming, I only asked you to explain the shrinking glaciers and you have not yet given a coherent answer. I can wait.

"the shrinking glaciers"

?????

90% of all Earth ice is on one spot, Antarctica, and you cannot even show any LIQUID WATER there.... so how is it "shrinking" if it IS NOT MELTING???

Not really an answer to my question but I will answer yours, because I see no reason to.

Is the amount that melted 50% of the total? 5%? 0.005%?
Has the meltwater raised the level of the oceans? By how much?

Why should that really big number scare anyone?

That can't be true of course because we have only been monitoring the global temp for 50 years or so... we have no idea if this was the warmest year ever do we?... it may be the warmest year on our stupid record but I guarantee you its been warmer on earth than in 2023... knowing this how can you allow yourself to be conned like this?... ask questions of the rich and powerful don't just swallow the crap they dish out....

That can't be true of course because we have only been monitoring the global temp for 50 years or so... we have no idea if this was the warmest year ever do we?... it may be the warmest year on our stupid record but I guarantee you its been warmer on earth than in 2023... knowing this how can you allow yourself to be conned like this?... ask questions of the rich and powerful don't just swallow the crap they dish out....
Thanks for just admitting you didn't read the link, hack.

Forum List

Back